Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
jj_j

Love Me

A commanding, dominant oil that increases sexual magnetism, creates an intense and irresistible air of attraction, and amplifies potency.

In the bottle: cinnamon, maybe dragon's blood, and some florals

First on: This is similar to Wildfire, only with cinnamon instead of woods. It's a slight sweetness overtone that covers the cinnamon underneath. I like it so far.

Drydown: Cinnamon, dragon's blood, and that cola thing people have talked about. I really like it.

Wet: I get the intial hot strange spicy tone that I get with most of the Voodoo oil top notes. Definitely not my favorite scent, or phase.

Afterwards: Ahh, there we go. This has a sweet, spicy cinnamon scent to me that smells a bit like cherry.

I've had to cut this review painfully vague and short because, while I like the scent, it has the same effect Eclipse has on me. In other words: My skin is getting bright red welts on it as I type.

If you're one of the people who have issues with Eclipse, I'd highly recommend trying before you buy. This smells somewhat similar to me, after all, and I get the same allergic reaction from it. I'm guessing the offending ingrediant is shared.

First sniff: Hrm. Love Me is definitely an animal scent. Here’s hoping it’ll behave on my skin.

I did a second “first sniff” quite a while after the first, and now it smells like dragon’s blood and patchouli. Much more promising. Whatever animal note I was smelling before definitely isn’t showing up now.

Wearing: The aura is dragon’s blood and sweet almond! There’s something earthy or woody underneath, I can smell it on my wrist but not in the scent around me. I put off trying this for a long time based on the first first sniff, and boy was that unwarranted. I like muchly.

This one smells nice but I can't pick out any notes in it. It smells very red and musky. I wonder if it works??!

I need a bottle of this - I couldn’t stop sniffing myself all day, its lush! Plus it gave my lovelife a much needed boost :P yay! My boyf has now been told to order me a 5ml of this! Here's hoping I get it!! I have been reading that people have picked up dragon's blood in this - if it is in here then no wonder I love it so much as I adore scents with db in it!

In the imp: I smelled the cinnamon and a hint of the "cola" that people are talking about.

Wet: This is mostly cinnamon on me, though I'm also sensing some sort of resin note as well.

Drydown and wear: This stays cinnamon and resin on me, though there is that "cola" thing lurking on the outskirts. I'm excited--the is the first Voodoo Blend scent that hasn't given me a headache...now I just have to see if it works! :P

I tried this and Fire of Love around the same time, and I decided they were similar but I liked FoL better, so I swapped LM away. But after seeing the results (heh) of the time I had worn Love Me, and realizing I kept thinking about it and wanting more of it (and haven't worn FoL since that initial try), I got another imp. Now I'm convinced, it smells better and works better than Fire of Love. I get a cinnamon-y wet phase, drying down to a nice sweet patchouli/powder.

As with Follow Me Boy, I am very, very surprised by the idea that there's either jasmine or dragon's blood in this because both of those ingredients play incredibly badly with my skin and Love Me is just great.

The way in which it works (for me anyway) is if there's someone I have a crush on, I wear LM and get all up in his grille and then he starts acting like he likes me back. Definitely has a delayed effect though from what I can tell - maybe the spell takes a few days to sink in.

In the bottle: Floral, sweet cinnamon with a bit of civet.

First on: Everything blends in an odd way to smell like Bazooka bubblegum.

After a bit: The scent stays rather true to in the bottle, I wish I could put my finger on the floral, I know it, know it very well, but I can't remember which one it is.

After a few hours: This calms down to a brown sugar scent, which I really like, but unfortunately this part is so faded that it's barely even noticable.

Over all it's not a bad scent, not sure of it's magical powers, I probably wont get a bottle, but I'll keep the imp.

Wet - at first this is all hot, spicy cinnamon, and it reminds me of the similar voodoo oils like Fire of Love and Red Devil.

Dry - as it dries it gets creamy, vanilla perhaps, and it mellows out the cinnamon. While similar in tone to other voodoo love oils, this is softer, more wearable. It seems to be primarily red hot cinnamon with a touch of vanilla. I really like this and would consider getting a bottle at some point.

On the wickedgoddess scale of 1 to 5, with 5 being best, this rates a 4.

Wet: Sweet and cinnamony. Maybe some buried floral notes.

Drydown: Cinnamon candy.

Dry: This just seems like a straight up sweetened cinnamon, mostly. If there's anything else going on I can't really smell it.

I had my guy smell it, too...

(Wet) "Oh man. Yuppie candle. Seriously, that's a fourteen-dollar candle that's not very big. Maybe it has foil stars stamped in the sides."

(Drydown) "Your cat got too close to your yuppie candle and burned its fur."

(Dry) "I don't know. It's just kind of mellow now. Nice. It smells like something you'd sprinkle on clothes you don't expect to get out for a while."

In the imp: Cinnamon and peanut butter

Wet: Sweet sweet cinnamon and a resiny bottom note

Dry: A lot of the same, but less brutally sweet

Overall: Cinnamon makes me paranoid and something makes me want to sneeze hardcore if I stick my nose really close. Boyfriend thought it smelled funny/off. Won't wear it due to the peanutbutter smell, but it's nice in it's own right. More of a ritual usage perfume.

Everyone's done a great job of describing Love Me, there's not much I can add. I definitely got Dragon's Blood and cinnamon, with what seemed like lilac and a touch of lemongrass? And there's that 'cola' note that smells like a cherry coke, the one I recognize from other blends.

As far as amplifying my potency and sexual magnetism, I did not experience that kind of result, but then again, I wore it at work, which pretty much kills any kind of spirited response. But I'll wear this out some time and give it a fair trial.

Even if the voodoo aspect of this oil doesn't work out for me, I really like the way it smells, and there is something very sultry about it. It's like the perfume equivalent of bedroom eyes. Definitely a keeper.

love me is sooo good!!

The first things i smell in this blend are jasmine, lots of jasmine... then spicy cinnamon! yum! Then a sweet, musky/incense smell comes through also, with a touch of an herbal smell.

It was so good I slathered it on! I have a 3 foot raidiating jasmine/spice halo right now. Its awesome.

when i applied [slathered] the oil on my neck it really burned my skin for about 5 minutes. [i bet that was the cinnamon] I'm cool with that. a bunch of my fave bpal's do that. now the burning is gone, leaving only the smelly goodness.

The more it soaks into my skin, the better it gets. As it dries down its harder to differentiate the notes in the blend.

this is a 5ml purchase for sure!!

In the imp: *sniff* whaa..... peanut butter?!? What, exactly, is it trying to get to love me, anyway? :P That's just WRONG, man. WRONG. :D

On the skin: Changes to buttered popcorn and something floral, I think. Then mellows to something creamy and brown-smelling with a little bit of florals and some spices. I think there might be a combo of myrrh and vanilla or something in here. It actually reminds me a bit of the meaty or nutty foodiness of Hunger.

In all, not a bad smell, though an unusual one. It would take some getting used to. It get a lot better as it dries down. Maybe I won't swap this one right away.

Oh, this is sooooooo not for me.

:D

Ick.

In Imp ~ Coca Cola mixed with Pine sap.

Wet ~ Coke. Cherry Coke, maybe.

On the drydown ~ Cinnamon and Cherries. Not a good combo on my skin.

:P

This one is going far, far awaaaaayyyyyy from me.

Love Me

In the imp: warm, sparkling cinnamon. There's something else here, maybe another spice note, but mainly cinnamon.

Wet on skin: this smells gorgeous, a slightly smoky, slightly herbal, sweet cinnamon scent.

Dry on skin: this is a very delightful scent! It has lots of cinnamon, but there's something else enhancing it that I can't put my finger on…maybe it's a floral note? There's something sweet to it, a bit juicy as well. There may be amber or vanilla in here too? Possibly a soft musk note too? I also get something slightly herbal as well. The scent is warm and inviting, spicy and sultry.

After a while: ah, it's jasmine. That's what the mystery note lurking under the cinnamon was…a soft flirty jasmine scent. This note now peeks out, adding a heady, voluptuous floral aspect to the scent. There may also be vanilla or stargazer lily in here, because I'm getting a scent reminiscent of Peitho in here-but that could be my hormones doing crazy stuff to my skin-I'm testing this during my time of month! It's almost like a spicy version of Peitho, which is a scent I love. This is gorgeous stuff.

By the end of the scent I get a scent which may be dragon's blood or red musk. It's a sweet, sensual scent, very slinky, still retaining it's spicy jasmine scent, now I get something like incense, and vanilla or tonka. It's a sexy-spice scent on the same lines as Chimera, Sin and Snake Oil. I don't get civet, bubblegum or Coke from this-though I see where the people who say it's Coke like get it from-the spice note has an effervescence to it. There may be lotus in here as well-maybe that's where the bubblegum reaction comes from?

Verdict: this may be a new favourite of mine from the Voodoo collection. I don't have a lover to test this on (which is such a shame) but this is a wonderful scent, sultry, sexy, and very spicy! It's a delectable cinnamon-jasmine scent, there may also be some vanilla, musk, incense and maybe something herbal underneath it all. This is a warm, alluring, tempting scent, spicy and delicious with a rich heady floral sweetness. I think I will need a bottle, just for the scent itself…and if also happens to bring me better luck with love, that'll be a bonus!

at first: dark and herbal, but with a bit of sweetness.

on: odd. i'm mostly getting a sweet, yet bubbly note. it's not fruity, though; more like a cola of some sort. there's something dark to it, too.

1.5 hours later: cola. i love it, though. i didn't think i would, but i do.

3.5 hours later: still cola.

4.5 hours later: there's an added earthy tone to this. i think it's patchouli.

overall: i can't speak for how well this works, but i definitely won't mind wearing it again to find out. a slightly bizarre, but still pleasant, scent.

In the Imp: dry bubblegum-type scent. Its an orangy-red color which makes me think that there's dragon's blood in here.

On the Skin: Thank god, the bubblegum note vanishes once I put it on. Instead, I get an almost ylang-ylang scent plus cinnamon and an underlying note of musk or civet. I don't think it's jasmine as jasmine hates me, and this is pretty good so far. It's warm, spicy, and very sexy. When I first applied it the other day, immediately out of the shower, I had a wee bit of a reaction to it - my skin turned red where it was applied.

As it Dries: Vanilla comes out, wow - this reminds me a LOT of Dragon's Milk. This is just fabulous! There's definitely both dragon's blood and vanilla in here. It has an underlying musky edge to it. The cinnamon mellows out a lot and there's also a touch of incense here.

Overall Impression: Warm, spicy, sexy, sultry scent. I don't know that it works for it's intended purpose but it certainly makes me feel sexier, so from that alone it's being effective. I think it's fabulous! I have to get a bottle with my next order. Yum!

edited for spelling

Edited by cranberry

In the bottle: Spicy, cinnamony incense.

On the skin: Spicy, musky cinnamon. I can detect a faint floral in the background although I can't tell what it is.

Later on: The floral's starting to smell a little like jasmine to me, although it's mainly lurking in the background. Still pretty spicy and musky.

Love Me smells very pretty in the imp, though I'm getting a huge whiff of jasmine already.

On my skin, it's pretty much all jasmine (at least to start), though not the type of tropical, wet jasmine I'm accustomed to. It's almost more of a muted, dried-petal jasmine. There's a spicy element behind the sweet floral that's definitely cola-esque.

I'm getting a bunch of sunny images from this oil. It's bright and warm and yellow-orange (both literally and figuratively!). I'm not a jasmine-wearer, so I could only see this being used in the context of spellwork. But that's not a bad thing in the least, as it's always nice to find new blends to set a certain mood/exemplify certain intentions.

Are we sure this stuff doesn't have Crack in it? :P

OMG I could not stop sniffing myself!! Yes, it does smell a bit like Coca Cola, and a bit like gum, and it's cinnamonny and sweet, and just altogether wonderful!! It smells like candy. Highly addictive candy. The kind where you go to eat one and then end up eating the whole bag.

And it works too! It's like it works on a subliminal level. Not one person noticed that I smelled good, but I got sooo much attention from both guys AND girls (Oh honey you look so good today, what did you do differently, did you cut your hair, is that a new shirt...on and on!!) It's like they didn't even realize why they were drawn to me....muahahahaha. I need a bottle of this stuff.

In the vial: Strong incense.

Wet on me: Smells like coca-cola :P. Sweet florals are coming out. Musky, incense-y floral.

Drydown: And there's the spicy cinnamon note.

Verdict: Very warm and sultry scent.

MMM, most addictive smell ever! I do get the cola thing, its sweet spicy and a touch floral. It has done wonders on my boyfriend, now fiancee :P

Spicy candy! I can't quite put my finger on it--it's like vanilla, spice, cinnamon, magnolia, and caramel, and pralines all mixed together--yet somehow not cloying. Love Me is playfully flirtatious and damned effective. I find I walk taller and have more confidence when I wear this and get all kinds of positive attention.

At first this smells like the spiciest cinnamon candy and then it turns into powdery, spicy cinnamon. It is long lasting, but I can do without it :P

What an odd scent! I'm not really sure what it is, other than when I sniff from the vial it's somewhat strong.

But when I put it on, I can smell what people are talking about when they talk about cola (a sweet cola on me) and bubblegum (I'm assuming cinnamon bubblegum, as it doesn't smell like the bubblegum they sell here in Australia!), but it's also a bit powdery on me. It's a very distinctive scent. It's not quite so strong on me, and the more time passes the more it fades.

The first time I wore it, I had a male friend ask what it was that I was wearing. I told him, and he said that it was nice. Last night the boy was a touch naughty when saying goodnight at the pub, but it didn't make him cleave to my side or anything! But both times I was in a pub filled with cigarette smoke (bleh), so maybe I'll have to try it another time when the smoke won't cover the scent. ;p

Edited by kunoichi