Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
jj_j

Love Me

A commanding, dominant oil that increases sexual magnetism, creates an intense and irresistible air of attraction, and amplifies potency.

This was a frimp from the Lab.

In the imp: Jasmine with something slightly off underneath, a faint rotting or plasticky note.

Wet: Jasmine.

As I was dressing, I noticed that my arms where I had applied the oil were bright red. Fresh cinnamon oil has done that in the past (it’s all right if it’s aged) so there must be cinnamon in here, though I can’t actually smell it. As the oil dries further my arms start to itch slightly.

Dry: This is briefly a nice, sweet jasmine. As it dries, it gets stronger and stinkier. After a couple of hours, a faint cinnamon spiciness mixes with the floral. The cinnamon becomes more prominent the longer I wear this. It’s nothing like Snake Oil or vanilla, though, which I was hoping for after reading some of the above reviews.

Unfortunately, I don’t love Love Me. Even without the redness and the itching, I just don’t care for jasmine on my skin.

In the bottle I smell musk and a sweet vanilla almost Snake Oil scent.

Wet, It immediately turns into a seriously strong musk! It completely took over the room.

Dry, A strong almost burnt smelling musk. Just as strong as wet. This is not a smell Im fond of. I really wish the sweetness would have shown up a little on my skin!

Edited by Woozel

In the imp, I smelled ceylon cinnamon. Sweet and simple cinnamon with an fruity tinge.

I accidentally dumped half the imp onto my skin and realized how strong this blend is :P. Now that it had time to morph on my skin, I really can't label this a foody scent, it has a unique white floral quality to it (jasmine?) and incense. Perhaps my skin chemistry is being quirky, or I put too much on, but I smell strongly of chocolate! The chocolate pushed the incense and jasmine far into the background and made it borderline gourmand-y.

This scent is demanding my affection. Do I want a 5ml? Maybe. Maybe I'll cave in :)

Edit: I wanted to add another testament to how strong this blend is. While applying it days ago, I unknowingly spattered a teeny bit on my bed stand. I walked into my room one day and noticed white speckles festering on the black paint. I smelled the fluids causing this, and it was Love Me! It ate the paint off :blink: I'm not sure if this is typical, I know perfume oils are concentrated. Maybe I used cheap paint. No, I'm really not upset over it. If anything fixing it is giving me something to do (being home schooled has it dull moments). But wow, it's strong and I can still smell Love Me on the shirt I wore with it.

As for the Conjure Bag concept of it, noticed that whenever I wear it, I'm all like "oh my god I need a full bottle ASAP". It was a constant nagging in my brain to send another money order for a 5ml. When I took a shower the next day and removed it I was kinda meh about it. I only insanely crave it when I smell it. So Love me is :poke: for my affection.

Edited by Amber Tears

Wet/Imp: Sweet cinnamon and spice - I was expecting more herbal-ness from my experience with the other bewitching brews, which contain more licorice than I would like. But this...this I could possibly get behind. Especially in the winter time - it reminds me of spicy tea and winter potpourri. I would actually really love this for a room scent or a candle.

Drying: Starts to go a bit the powdery way that Snake Oil tends to do on me, but the spiciness seems to hold up enough to keep it still unique and pleasant. I will probably use up the imp of this even if I don't buy a bottle as I love spicy scents.

Wet: Bubblegum / cola bottle sweets!! Then the cinnamon comes through, then some stanky jasmine. Yep, this one is taking no prisoners!

Drydown: A bit menthol-y. Some flowery baked-goods... Very strange! It settles down into a pretty, spicy, cinnamon-y and sweet jasmine. It's weird but it's weirdly alluring. Not bad at all. Certainly gets your attention :biggrin:

In the bottle: Oh god, this is awful! It's so strong I actually can't figure out what it is at all But let's carry on!

On my skin: ooh, still strong but you can smell the cola. It's sugary sweet and dark.

Dry down: Hmmm. Okay, here comes the cinnamon. It dries down nice and soft, not really floral but definitely herby. I dislike kitchen spices so I'd guess this is really more clove/cinnamon but I can't tell! My nose is terrible!

Verdict: I don't hate it but this imp won't go into rotation. It's still pretty pleasant if you really like sodas!

I've been avidly trying out as many of the conjure blends and bewitching blends as I can, and this is hands down one of the most effective so far.

In the bottle: ... spicy flowery bubblegum? That's the only way I can describe it.

On: It quickly smoothed out into a rounder, softer flirtatious thing. It was practically batting its eyelashes at me.

Dry-down: Ooh la la! The bubblegum has left the building, being replaced with a delightful smoky incensey sweetness, like Snake Oil's vampy cousin.

As far as the efficacy, well.. I wore it out for the first time while getting ready for a first date with a guy I met online that I was pretty nervous about and really wanted to go well.

It immediately boosted my confidence and upon meeting up with him at the concert we chose as our first date venue, um...

It went well. Let's just say that I couldn't tell you if the concert was any good and I'm really glad I wore kiss-proof lipstick. And now we're in a relationship. :) I can't say that it was ultimately BECAUSE of the "Love Me", but it sure as heck helped. After we parted ways that night, one of the first things he said via text was that he missed my smell.

Love me is my newest love!

As many previous reviewers have said, I get the following notes - a little Jasmine, Patchouli, Dragons Blood, maybe a small dribble of cinnamon, and a teensy bit of vanilla. On me, the patchouli is the most dominant. It doesn't smell like Snake Oil to me, but I get a similar feel, and I think that is why I am loving this so much. I am drawn to it. I feel more confident when I wear it. Something about this definitely reminds me of New Orleans. Its very familiar and not just in an incensey, smells like a voodoo shop I've visited kind of way. Though I wouldn't be surprised if many of these notes were similar to the ones used in Marie Laveau's love oil!

Love Me does not love me.

I've tried it a bunch of times, because there's cinnamon in there and I love cinnamon. But the jasmine in this kills it, making it sickly sweet and headache inducing. I amp it like crazy, and the throw is insane. Just a dab and I'm in a cloud of horrid cinnamon-jasmine-cola weirdness. Love Me is not for me, unfortunately.

This one was a frimp I received second-hand.

In the imp: very sweet cinnamon, and now that I read the other reviews, it does smell like cola!

Wet: cinnamon, spice, and something sweet and fruity that I can't quite place. It makes me think of Christmas. (My boyfriend thinks I smell of mince pies.)

Dry: the sweetness and cinnamon dies down after an hour, and I get an incensey scent with musk and amber underneath. It reminds me a lot of a softer, hippier version of Dior Addict (much more so than Snake Oil or O, which are often mentioned as similar but do not smell anything like Addict on my skin).

Throw: this one has good throw on me.

Lasting power: excellent - it was still definitely floating around after 8 hours.

I like it, but I don't love it. I'll have to test it again though because I can see this one growing on me.

Edited by Kmye

I got an older imp through the forums, and thought I would try it out tonight.

wet - Jasmine! I like jasmine but whoa, that's potent.

later - jasmine and cola and a little cinnamon

still later - jasmine and cola-scented sandalwood? Can't be right, doesn't seem like anyone else gets sandalwood. And ah, there is what I think must be the dragon's blood.

much later (about 8 hours) - faint cola

verdict - I have no idea. I don't dislike this at any point during it's impressively long-lasting run, but I'm left feeling more confused and unsettled ... than powerful and magnetic. I'll hold on to the imp and maybe test out its attraction properties in more controlled settings to see if they work. ;)

Edited by joopjoop

First impression is of Easter flowers. It's floral-y but, not in the dusty, dry floral way that makes me sneeze. This brings back memories of early spring, flowers beginning to bloom. It smells fresh, vibrant, ALIVE. There's a spicy undertone to it that keeps it from being too innocent and twee. I'm not going red from this, so either the cinnamon is very light, or it's a different spice. I think it's a different spice -- I can usually pick up cinnamon since I eat so much of it haha. I agree that it feels more like a resin spiciness than an herb spiciness.

It might serve as a decent substitute for Peitho if I can't ever get a bottle of that in my hands again. *crying*

Verdict: LOVE. Will probably get a 5ml. Thanks BPAL team for adding this to my frimps!

There's a ton of jasmine in this one. I get a tiny hint of a cola note in it, which is a little strange. There's something a little sour about it that I can't quite put my finger on. Sour and heady florals are not for me, so I'll have to send this one to a new home.

Fresh imp from Lab:

In the imp: Jasmine and cinnamon, with perhaps some lotus?

Wet: Super heady jasmine, accompanied by some cinnamon or cassia. The jasmine note only seems to be getting headier over time.

Dry: This is a dirty jasmine. I think this might be the Lab's jasmine sambac note, but I'm not sure. I think there may also be some dragon's blood in this, and maybe some musk, and some light spice.

Verdict: This type of jasmine is not my jam, and dragon's blood can be problematic on me as well, so this one is not for me.

Imp I decanted from a few years ago so I could have a little bit to test before passing it on to a friend:

In the decant: Lots of cinnamon! It makes me think of cinnamon bark or the cassia in Plunder.

Wet: Very cinnamon, but it's a soft variety that doesn't burn my skin. I think the cinnamon is accompanied by a creamy floral. I'd put this in the same family as Chimera.

Dry: This is nothing like the Lab Fresh imp that I received from the Lab. That was very floral with some cinnamon, but this is all cinnamon with some floral. I don't get any heady jasmine or bubblegum-y lotus from this version. Just cinnamon or cassia with a creamy floral.

Verdict: Either aging does this wonders, or the original imp I decanted from was a mislabeled imp. I prefer the cinnamon-dominant version! But I don't need more of it, because I already have a bottle of Chimera.

Edited by dementia_divine

I get vanilla and saffron on top, with a mid layer of some sort of thick floral, probably gardenia, and a base of woods, definitely part sandalwood. On me the spicy vanilla woodiness is very dominant and I my skin eats up the floral layer and turns it vaguely salty and aquatic.

Honestly, this smells like a liquified State Fair. Majorly brings up memories of popcorn and cotton candy and hot asphalt!

Straight away, Love Me is a thiccc fuuuug of nostril-singing cinnamon bark, heady ylang ylang, indolic jasmine, bourbon vanilla, and a base of maybe patchouli (possibly a sweet sandalwood) and, I think, almond. Everything is turned up to 11, and it’s a damn traffic jam in my sinuses. This is real heady, y’all. I feel dizzy.

While it’s still wet, each scent elbows its way to the top of the pile, clamoring for attention. I understand now why this is called Love Me. It’s not the Love Me, I’m Irresistible and Charming, it’s the desperate, clingy kind of Love Me. Love Me. Love Me, Please. Please please love me why don't you love me. This is really not my cup of tea, and I don’t really like being around this type of scent on others either. And yet. AND YET. I can’t quit it. Why can’t I quit it….

It took almost a full hour to things to calm down and stop screaming for attention, but when it finally does — this becomes a dead ringer for As Above! One of my favorite BPAL blends. It even has the same weird silly-putty-band-aid phase. So there might be leather in here after all. Pretty sneaky, sis.

If it ages anything like As Above does, this could be a keeper but right out of the mail... hatchi matchi. 

Edited by supreme_c0rt

I just put this on ten minutes ago. It smells pretty floral-y to me. I guess it's jasmine because that seems to be the general consensus here. Unfortunately, I feel the sting of what is probably cinnamon! Noooo. It's turning my skin red. :(

I was hoping for cola/incense but I'm not getting any of that from this. I think this one is probably a pass for me.

Love Me:

In the imp: something obviously floral but hard to identify, with a strong base note that’s warm and slightly spicy. Amber of some kind maybe?

Wet: Definitely amber and maybe a hint of vanilla. The floral note has disappeared. As it begins to dry down, a subtle spiciness emerges—maybe cinnamon? Works well with the amber.

Dry-down: A complex warm sweetness. Not sugary and pretty subtle, but definitely in the gourmand range. Cinnamon and vanilla for sure, but in a pleasantly balanced way. it doesn’t smell like a cinnamon roll. Possibly the floral note I detected in the bottle was cassia? There is nothing floral remaining after dry-down but the cinnamon-ish note is more botanical than gourmand.

After about 10 minutes: There must be some sort of musk or a similar oil in this, because it is turning into the intensely unpleasant “sample strip from a magazine” commercial perfume stench that musks morph into on my skin. Bummer! I was finding the not-quite-gourmand character very appealing until it fully dried and settled into my skin. My terrible chemistry strikes again!

My imp must be really aged because I am not getting any of these notes everyone else is getting. It's a smoky, patchouli, and woodsy blend. There's a very faint floral note in the background that sweetens this blend up a little bit, but it's definitely mostly patch and wood. 

It's not the worst thing I've smelled, but I wanted more florals than I got. Will probably end up passing this along to someone else.

Jaaaasmine.  Not quite going over into stinky territory, but teetering.  My suspicions of cinnamon were confirmed once Love Me hits my skin.  The jasmine starts to sort itself out.  I'm getting vanilla, and I think, honeysuckle.  Something bitter and green made a brief appearance, but then, thankfully, went away.  This is VERY sweet.  The honeysuckle might just be honey, but I think there's some suckle in there, because I'm getting more floral than just jasmine. Perhaps some heliotrope?  :think:  It's almost foody because of the vanilla and cinnamon.  It settles down from "in your face" to sort of a floral frosting skin scent within half an hour.

This was frimped and not on my radar, but it's rather tasty.  :yum:  I shall enjoy my decant.  If the idea of floral frosting sounds appealing, and you're not anti-jasmine, give this a go.

ETA:  The more this warms up on my skin, the more I'm loving it.  Conjure blends don't usually do much for me, but this might be going on the full bottle list.  Also, someone mentioned ylang ylang as a possible ingredient.  Yeah... that might be it.  Definitely jasmine, and some other heady, sweet floral in the mix.

Edited by VetchVesper

If you told me this was a carnation SN, I would believe it in a heartbeat. 

All the complexity of carnation is there: spice, sweet, herbaceous floral, a vanillic underpinning. 

I absolutely get herbal incensey cola in the throw. 

This one is a long-lasting mood booster!

ETA: This is the center of a Venn diagram of spicy carnation, cola resin, and almost-too-funky jasmine. 

Edited by Estamets

Received as an imp. It really is commanding, & draws you in. It is warm, slightly sweet, toasty even. Almost gourmand, but not quite. I cannot point out the notes here.

This is a lovely, dark red-orange in my imp of unknown age.

Wet: A sweet, musky floral. As it dries, I get a bit of cola, which I love. Though the sweetness of cola is syrupy, there is a sharpness there that is not quite spice, but close. Like a warm afterthought of cinnamon. It's probably something like carnation honestly, which I usually associate with sharp spice anywho. Just a tiny bit of orange peel or something is trying to say hi as well.

This is fun; I'm going to keep it!

A mix of incense and cola notes, sweet and syrupy and sexy like Snake Oil but spicier from the addition of jasmine. I LOVE deep syrupy sticky incense, and I’m amazed I haven’t tried Love Me in all these years until now. Need a bottle for sure! Makes me feel aware of my hotness lol.  After a few minutes it's more like cinnamony baked goods, but not in a "makes your skin break out" cinnamon way. A nice sweet way. I think they say that's one of men's favorite scents, right? Cinnamon rolls? Hmmmm. :)

This smelled like tater tots to me?? At first it was a blast of tater tots, and then it became a delicious orange and cola combo- kind of effervescent! I love it lots.