Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
jj_j

Love Me

A commanding, dominant oil that increases sexual magnetism, creates an intense and irresistible air of attraction, and amplifies potency.

This was a lovely, lovely frimp.

In the imp, really, really STRONG jasmine with a spicy note underneath, also a little bitter. Cassia, I think. It's more medicinal than what I associate with cinnamon.

Wet, strong jasmine at first. The medicinal note goes almost camphor at first. I was a little worried I'd have to wash it off.

Dry down, all sorts of really interesting things started happening. The cassia strengthened, and sandalwood and something sweet like dragons blood emerged. The jasmine finally faded back a little to let the spicy and woodsy notes have a say.

After a couple of hours, a really warm vanilla and red musk note amped. It was almost like snake oil with a spicy note of cassia.

This lasted several hours, with vanilla the last note to fade. This morphed on me more than almost any other BPAL I've tried. My husband loved it, but he didn't get to me until the snake oil stage. I have a feeling if he had smelled that strong jasmine, he'd have been running for the hills. This is very intriguing. I don't know if I need a bottle, but I'm pretty sure I'll use up the imp.

I get honeyed jasmine from this with some cinnamon. I don't normally like jasmine but this one is really interesting, it's sweet with the cinnamon giving it a bit of kick.

This is lovely - spicy jasmine with some sort of cinnamon-y twist to it that sticks around and makes its presence known. I loved Follow Me Boy and figured that a scent in this vein would be lovely, and oh my god it is! Bewitching brew indeed.

My imp is about a year old and I finally got round to giving it a proper try today. I love the colour of the oil first of all; a wonderful jewel-red that makes me think of strawberry cordial. I'm not getting much cinnamon when I apply, but I expect that because this is aged and the spice has probably levelled out by now. There's a lovely, comfy-cosy feel to it as the oil dries on the back of my hand. I get something like... marzipan? It's soothing and sweet.

I'll be getting a 5ml of this on my next order. Haven't tried it on the husband yet, but I will be ^__^

In the vial I get a nice dark spicy scent. On this smells exactly like those little scented oil filled bath balls my Grandma got when I was a kid. Very perfume-y, I guess that's the jasmine with an oily/soapy undertone and a tinsy bit of spice, it stays that way the whole time I have it on(1/2 hour). Floral perfumes never work on me but I bet on someone who can wear them and like it, this would be lovely.

In the vial: A mixture of floral (jasmine, I'd say), herbs (hard to tell which one exactly) and vanilla, it seems.

On: Sweet jasmine with a hint of spice and a hint of cream. I think there may also be dragon's blood in there, because this has similarities to Wolf's Heart (where many agree there's DB in there) and multiple Ars Draconis blends. No more herbs. A very sweet floral with a little zing and a bit of creaminess. I like it.

Later: This has quite a bit of staying power - it barely gets weaker over the course of a couple of hours. I don't know that I need a bottle, but I'll keep the imp.

Err, this one works.

As well as smelling gorgeous and a new favourite (I've had my bottle over year but not really paid it any attention), I wore it out last night and let's just say, I wasn't without male company for longer than five minutes.

Thumbs up!

I've had an imp of this forever and never tried it because it smells awful in the vial. However, I read a comment about it being a "warm, spicy vanilla" so I decided to give it a try.

In the vial: Cinnamon mixed with dirt and a bit of flowers.

Wet: I get a warm, spicy scent with a floral note that reminds me of La Petit Mort. I'm terrible at picking up notes, but maybe this is the jasmine others have mentioned? I'm not a fan of florals, but this is sexy!

Dry: This dries down to an amazing spicy cinnamon vanilla on me that lasts forever. I smell a hint of something like patchouli that gives the scent a bit of depth and darkness. This is incredible.

I've almost used up my imp in the week since I discovered how amazing this smells on my skin and I can't wait for the bottle I ordered to arrive!

After reading a post where someone was talking about how great this scent is I obtained a bottle to try.

I've had very consistent experiences while wearing it:

Starts off smelling like sweet, dark, incensy jasmine

Then patchouli comes in and it smells like jasmine-patchouli and I always wonder why there aren't more blends featuring this combination

Then it smells like jasmine-patchouli-snake oil and then heads a bit further into snake oil territory

And ends up snake oil with jasmine

It's quite a lovely experience and I'm glad to have the bottle, I'm hoping to get a back up bottle or two as well.

:::Love Me:::

Anything that comes from The Conjure Bag is fraught with adrenaline and hyperventilation. Not only is there this deliciously decadent sensation that comes from flirtations with occultish sensibilities, but there is also the conspicuous absence of specified notes in these formulas… This is a great catalyst for getting those free-association juices flowing. The brilliantly coloured oil manages to capture both sunset-hues and metallics which are evocative of some of the formulas from the Phoenix Steamworks catalogue of fragrances. From reading the vast majority of the reviews, a pattern begins to emerge where there seems to be a clear consensus that Love Me belongs solely in Her realm. This has certainly proven true in some cases, but in others the evidence clearly shows that a fragrance can work just as well, if not better, on Him.

From the Imp: Crystalline Cacao, orgiastic (Vanilla) Orchid, sufferin’ sawmill, and combustible Kerosene. There has not been any experience quite like this with The Lab’s fragrances so far. Most peculiar! This fragrance would be notoriously difficult to describe. As of this instant, Love Me seems neither masculine nor feminine. Love Me isn’t foody, it doesn’t smell like a home fragrance, a cleaner, or a perfume. This is a distinctive, smoky, purplish scent. For some queer, indecipherable reason, imagery of being lost in the dark on horseback keeps coming to the forefront of imagination; skeletal silhouettes of trees, thorns, brambles, purple berries, cricket symphonies, and tall whipping grasses. Miniature globes of blood that look inky in the moonlight, falling onto damp, coarse gravel and burnt wood.

On the Skin: A wrist slashed with the Imp’s wand yields crazed ampage. Fleeing the room brings little relief. This stuff could be tasted from twenty paces! The wounded wood takes preeminence. The Cinnamon, so notorious from previous reviews, picks the now to be ejected into the foreground like so much molten matter from the glowing deeps of some cavernous caldera. There didn’t seem to be much by way of Cola in this one, unless it’s the kind where a deep snarf is taken from the bottle's neck immediately after a few Mentos have been dropped inside. Bubble gum, also, does not compute. Unless, of course, this bubble gum happens to be stuck between the teeth of the Kodiak Bear who intends, for all the world, to gnaw your face off.

Spectrally, Love Me is purple and pink. This is not to say that it is cute. This is the purple and pink worn by a sociopathic and homicidal Easter Bunny.

Love Me is a great deal of fun. Love Me is psychedelic, giddy, and high-pitched chaos. Love Me is to be worn when being the life of the party is a must. It might be easier to concede that Love Me was formulated with Her in mind, as it is definitely all aglitter with blushing and curvaceous confections. On Him, though, Love Me reveals a rip-roaring sinister side. Love Me is a glassy-eyed, open-mouthed stare. Love Me has you tightly, almost painfully fettered while it administers a hot, slow, and inexorable tongue-bath. Occasionally a giggle will punctuate the mood.

Love Me is by far one of the more interesting olfactory offerings to escape the Conjure Bag. No guarantees that a 5 ml. bottle of this could be kept under lock and key for long, but the Imp will most surely come in handy. A splendid job by Beth!

4 out of 5.

I always test the conjure bag scents for their stated purpose, not as perfumes in general. I have had some luck with some of the other blends, like French Love, so I am super excited to try this blend and see how it *ahem* works. :twisted:

In the imp it a strong, heady floral. Maybe jasmine? Very intense. I just hope it doesn't go old lady floral on me.

Gah, on my skin this is a VERY strong floral. Super heady and rich and intense. Far more intense than I usually like in a floral...but as I said, I'm not testing this as a perfume. So, we shall see how this goes!

Ok, reporting back to say that unfortunately, this blend didn't do too much for me. Dried to sort of a soapy powdery floral and didn't seem to ignite me or my boy in any particularly exciting ways. Ah well! I'll stick with French Love! :twisted:

In the bottle: I smell patchouli, citrus, something floral (maybe jasmine); overall, it reminds me of Faustus.

Wet: Spicy cinnamon and bright orange. It’s fragrant and warm.

Dry: Now, it’s just patchouli, sweetened by oranges...

Verdict: It’s not bad, but it didn’t work for me. I should try it again someday over another soap, it might change my perception of it.

i love the smell of this, unfortunately i had a huge allergic reaction as soon as i put it on, so i didn't have time to explore what i liked about it and had to wash it off immediately. i have HUGE red, itchy, hot blotches on my arm...it's the first skin reaction i've ever had to *anything*. so sad. :(

ETA: i'm assuming it's the cinnamon causing the reaction? note to self: no cinnamon!

Edited by joyfulgirl

I know my skin loves vanilla and cinnamon, but this is kind of ridiculous -- wet, this smelled strongly of spice, a la Snake Oil, with a tiny hint of something dark and floral. After drying, it smelled exactly like snake oil as the vanilla warmed up, no joke. My roommate confirmed it was a perfect match.

Snake Oil's growing a bit on me, but I'm still not sure it's a me scent, and this has nothing to distinguish it from that, so not a bottle scent.

Will start off by saying this is not a bad scent at all, but there is just something about it that doesn't click right with me. Really wish I knew my notes better. Can definitely smell patchouli, but there is some floral in there that helps tone it down a little. Again a nice scent, just not feeling it. Maybe I'll try again later.

Frimp from the Lab - wheeee, I love trying the conjure bag oils!

I was very hesitant when I smelled the imp. First sniff it was either vetiver or patchouli, sometimes my nose gets them confused (don't ask). Either way, it wasn't a positive kind of sniff for me. I was about to go to bed so thought what the heck, I can always keep my wrists under the blankets if I don't like it.

PEANUT BUTTER?!? Yes, on wet it was lovely, creamy peanut butter. I had no idea I would ever like to smell like one of my favourite treats, but oh yes, I do.

Drydown (just before I drifted off) it morphed into a lovely creamy, slightly smokey jasmine with just a hint of sugar cookie dough (the vanilla perhaps?). Usually, jasmine is too sweet for me, but this jasmine is lovely and mixed with the dough, or almost even clay-ey smell, it is perfect. I love this.

As far as it's voodoo effectiveness... it did feel like one of my course mates was leaning on me a lot through this morning's lecture. However, I'm inclined to think it was because he was falling asleep through boredom rather than my air of attraction. All the rest of the guys (I'm only one of three girls on my course) totally ignored me.

But yes, this goes on the big bottle list. :wub2:

GORGEOUS!! Dragon's Blood resin, jasmine, vanilla and cinnamon= drop dead sexxxy! And it works. Lots of attention from my husband and male friends. Worth every damn penny. That is all.

In the imp I definitely smelled florals but I couldn't identify them along with some other things that piqued my interest. A cinnamony/cassia-type undertone and an earthiness. On my skin, I get why others have said "cola" because I do get that vibe. Once it warms a bit, I get jasmine. Oh no. Jasmine = kitty litter box on me. We have a hate/hate relationship. I'm sad because there are so many positive reviews that sounded amazing :cry2: No dragon's blood resin or vanilla, no SO-ish feel, the cinnamon seems to have run from the stench of jasmine, and the jasmine is cackling evilly at me as I wrinkle my nose. I still get some of that cola underneath but I have to singe my nostrils with jasmine to get it. Woe.

If I tried to use this for its intended purpose, my husband would run screaming from me yelling "GET BACK WITCH!" And he would mean the kind of witch covered in cat-pee-soaked rags. Double woe.

Love Me was so different from what I was expecting. It sounds like it smells really different on me from the other reviewers.

I get alot of Patchouli and Sandalwood from this, I don't get anything sweet or spicy or vanilla-ish - I don't even get florals like other reviewers have. It smells really dry and dusty on me kind of like saw-dust.

There is something in this which doesn't agree with me at all. I had to wash it off.

In the Imp (ITI): I get cinnamon, honeyed vanilla and perhaps jasmine or another heady floral.

Wet: That’s strong cinnamon as the first not and very clear jasmine in full bloom. There is a sweetness that softens it up just a little, but there may also be a wood note, like teak, underneath everything, in addition to a heavier spice note that I can’t tease out. It would say this does smack of Snake Oil just a tad.

Dry: Thick spices, and perhaps patchouli or light dragon’s blood, with the subtle sweetness of vanilla. I do like this!

Sweet and spicy, kind of smells a bit like Dragon's Blood, turns a bit powdery. I like this, it's very sultry, but not in a blatant kind of way.

oh my sweet lord. this is one of those scents that I love so much I almost feel like crying. previous reviewers have said this oil is both like "moderately chewed bazooka bubble gum" with a touch of cinnamon underneath, and an "incensey coca cola," and both are right on. it is incredibly warm, spicy, exotic. i can't say that i am getting ANY jasmine as jasmine tends to turn into a nasty hairspray scent on me, and i am not getting any such note, thank god (although this could be the one bpal jasmine, out of all the bpal jasmines I have tried, that finally works on me!), but I do detect *some* kind of creamy, sweet note. vanilla & spice and just an all around delicious, sexy party on my wrists. love me? more like LOVE IT, amirite?

*so* profoundly grateful to the cherished friend of mine that gifted me with a 5ml bottle of this!

ETA: after an hour or two of wear, i did actually begin to detect jasmine in this(!). the oil as a whole became slightly more golden to my nose, heavy with jasmine & honey. as per usual, jasmine took a hairspray dive, but it is surrounded by such a gorgeous cloud of thick, golden lusciousness & frisky spice that i love it regardless. (and i do love me some jasmine; it, sadly, just does not love me.) KEEPER. :)

Edited by undream

Okay, I got red musk, patchouli and cinnamon. Like a cinnamon Snake Oil. It has lasted all day, and I'm happy about that. I think I do love you, Love Me.

Bottleworthy.

I smell... cinnamon? And stuff. Cinnamon and stuff. Incensy, spicy sorts of smells, I think. It isn't terrible, but it doesn't love my skin- far too strong and pungent for my taste, though the lingering soft scent that remains once it's worn off is actually quite pleasant.

This is a very intrigueing scent for me. At first, in the bottle, it is kinda "In your face" strong and maybe even unpleasant.

Wet, on my skin, it immediately starts to develop into a warm, spicey and very sensual yet not to dominating scent. I smell Jasmin and Cinnamon and the combination of the two is so unique and surprising that it makes me sniff and keeps me sniffing for the next few minutes.

After 10 minutes or so, my 3 year old comes in, sniffing with his little nose all curled up. "Mmmmmm... Mommy smells nice!" And he climbs on my lap and starts cuddling me. Giving me kisses all over, telling me over and over again that I'm such a sweet Mommy and how sweet I am.

Mmmm... so at least I have a positive effect on someone!

Afterwards in the supermarket, I notice some people turn their heads as I walk past them, and I did only dab on a few drops! I do like the smell now, it is really warm, spicey and somewhat sensual, but not too much.

Yes, I am glad I bought a bottle and I am going to wear this one - A LOT!