Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
jj_j

Love Me

A commanding, dominant oil that increases sexual magnetism, creates an intense and irresistible air of attraction, and amplifies potency.

mmmmmmm. I put this on straight out of the shower, not realizing there's cinnamon in it (whoops) so now I'm a little hive-y: but this is the first one that's made me get all itchy and not even care as it's SO worth it! most of the BPAL jasmines I haven't gotten too into, which is weird because normally I really love jasmine. they've been a bit too sweet or just straight ahead floral. this scent is EXACTLY the smell of my first (and very goth) boyfriend's jasmine incense from when we used to make out for hours in his all black bedroom... sigh. so it's very nostalgic for me, but maybe that's not entirely a good thing (don't know how my partner would feel about that :P ).
anyway, it brings back good memories. very jasminey-cinnamony-a bit musky-ambery-incensey-smoky goodness! love it!

In the bottle, dragon's blood (I can distinguish this one easily because I just received the single-note), a bit of spice and a funny diaperlike scent that is common to some of the voodoo blends (follow me boy) and Sacred Whore of Babylon. Usually that note repels me so much that I can't even wear the blend, but this one smells kind of nice.

On, it's spicy and lush and resinous. It's interesting. In the bottle I thought that I would like this more, but it becomes rather unremarkable upon wearing.

I don't put much stock in voodoo, but I'll try this one more to see if it does the thing it purports to. If not, I'll swap er.

ETA: I was trying four different scents last night, and this one outlasted them all. It really is a pretty spice, still uncertain on a big bottle, though.

Edited by Caitfish

I don't get any cinnamon or spice (which would've been nice actually), just some sweet floral scent that dries down a little soft/powdery. Perhaps something I'd liken to pikake or frangipani.

It's a pretty scent...just not something I'd pick up alot.

First Impression:  Industrial strength toilet bowl cleaner while wet.  My nose is strange today.

That was EXACTLY my first impression! I recall thinking "Who would want to smell like this?" It was strong, medicinal, and stinky on me...like linament or something. Now, after about an hour, it has morphed into something incense-y, smoky, and red smelling....very intriguing, to the point that I can't stop sniffing my arm...I still am not sure about this one...I will have to try it again when Aunt Rose leaves town.

Perhaps it might work as a room scent....if not, off to swaps...unless it lives up to its name...then I will have to keep it soley for "work" purposes!!! :P

In the bottle: Smells exactly like Wrath did. A bit sweet and bitter at the same time.

Wet: Ok now it smells like Wrath on too, just not as peppery! I am getting a TON of tobacco from this one. It makes it a very scorched, dry scent. But then I also smell something very similar to dragon's blood that makes it a little sweet as well. Maybe a bit of cinnamon and nutmeg in this?

Dry: The tobacco is the most prominent scent. I imagine scorched desert. The dragon's blood sweetness is more in the background. Overall this blend hasn't changed much from the wet stage, it's just mellowed out a bit.

This might be pretty interesting on a guy, but is definitely great on a woman too. The sweet/dry contrast makes this a very compelling blend that works.

I received an imp of Love Me from brownbat in a swap, thanks sweetie :P . This scent reminds me a lot of Serpent's Kiss, with the dragon's blood, cinnamon and vetiver. It's a little lighter on the vetiver, actually lighter on all the notes. It's a little on the musty side for my tastes.

Gorgeous thick, rich, spicey and syrupy. This was like spiced, juicy oranges and cinnamon, sweet and spicey all at once. A very decadant come hither scent. I usually have a hard time with the voodoo blends but found this one to be wonderful and quite...uhm...effective. It dries down into a slightly lighter jasmine-ish sort of scent. Definite keeper.

This came as a gift from the lab. I have avoided the voodoo blends, since it is not my path, but the notes others perceived in this intrigued me. On me, it was very sweet at first. My husband said it strongly reminded him of cherry cola, and for the record it did not seem to effect him at all. :P

Dragon’s blood is the first note that pops out, followed by what I think was vanilla and jasmine. This stage was rather like Siren on my skin. Cinnamon started to spice this up just as I noticed a burning and redness which became more intense by the moment. I washed, and washed, and washed again with all sorts of things but while I stopped the allergic reaction I could -still-smell Love Me quite well. Very powerful stuff!

On me this is cinnamon Red Hots and sarsparilla. Sweet and smoky.

The name 'Love Me' and the scent itself gave me a strong visual: a little girl running towards someone, arms outstretched, and absolutely assured of an uplifting embrace.

A visual nothing like my own childhood, where I was always in doubt as to how I'd be received.

This is a fascinating fragrance for me, in light of that initial impression...

In The Imp: It smelled like pink roses mixed with baby powder.

Wet On Skin: There's musk somewhere in the background, warms up the rosy scent and makes it a more mature smell. There's something else in there...almost sweet, but not quite.

Dried: The powder is way strong on me. There's still that rose there, and that unidentified faint sweetness, but mostly, all I'm getting is powder.

Overall Opinion: It's a niceish scent, but really not something I'd wear. As it dried, it got to be more between little girl/little old woman than raging sex kitten-- changing babies instead of making babies. Definitely something for the swaps.

Randomness: It makes me itch >< So there's gotta be something like cinnamon in it. *scratches*

I thought I was going to hate this when I first smelled it in the bottle. The herbal scent was really overwhelming there. I put it on anyway, and I must say, I'm glad I did. The minute I put it on, it morphed into a really sweet/spicy smell. It was extremely strong for a little bit (and I might have put a little too much on because it smelled so fabulous), but now it has settled down to a really nice sweet scent. I really like this one!

(I get the Coca-Cola thing too. It does sorta smell like that!)

The lovely IndigoWhatever gifted me with an imp of Love Me in a swap, and the Lab generously threw in an imp in my last order. Hopefully this is not a comment on the non-existent state of my love life!

Unfortunately, Love Me produces the same olfactory experience as Tarot: The Lovers, which is to say, it dries down to cinnamon soap. My skin loves to amp up cinnamon, which I don't want to smell like, and I hate smelling like soap even more. But since I seem to need help, I'll keep an imp to see if it improves my love life...

Love me reminds me very much of Sin, it must be the cinnamon - always reminds me of karvol (inhaled decongestant with camphor). As a result it is very comforting for me.

Doesn't really change much from wet to dry, and I see why others are picking up coca cola! It is yummy, although I'm torn over whether i want to smell like this. hmmm.

LOVE this scent! But I usually love anything with cinnamon. Unfortunately, this one does not love me. I found my first oil I have a reaction to. I swiped this against my wrists with no problem, and then on my neck, and moments later I was feeling burning, and found big marks when I looked in the mirror. Funny thing is my hubby came in and said you have two huge hickeys on your neck, what's been going on? Interesting a few days before valentines. Alas, it was my only my "love me". :P

I've read of certain people having this affect and that it goes away in a few minutes so I tried to wait it out but ended up with more intense burning and big red welts that just grew larger and larger by the minute so I had to wash it off. I was so sad because I love the smell. Thing is I've tried quite a few other oils from Beth with cinnamon with no problem, so not sure why the reaction with this one, unless it's an issue with something else in the blend. Very unfortunately not for me. :D

hmmm this is very herbal, i am not gettingcinnamon really...too bad i love cinnamon, this is all jaminey too jasminey...and my man says it smells like toilet freshner :P swaps it is

Initial Sniff: Cinnamon, jasmine, and smoky incense all waft out of the bottle.

Wearing: This is like the incense and jasmine of The Caterpillar with a little something extra - the spicy cinnamon. The drydown is exactly as another reviewer described it - "herbal insencey coca cola."

Final Impressions: Two emoticons sum this one up for me: :D and :P

Love me is a sweet and smokey all in one. A blend of senses just come to play when I opened this bottle. Heat, passion and oh so many more.

Love Me is creamy, green, and slightly spicy. I smell grasses/herbs, something vanilla-floral-milky, and gentle, soft cinnamon.

Alas, this is only after about 5 hours of having it on. Before now, it's all been green as can be, and whoa, so strong.

In Bottle: Sweet and a bit cloying.

On skin: It smelled like Play-dough. I didn't get the spicy notes people mentioned above. I don’t like it at all. I hoped it would change but after 2 hours it was still the same and my husband didn’t like it at all. Sadly, no love there…

I agree that Love Me is both sweet and smoky - the incensey-floral coca-cola descriptions sound dead on.

In fact, on me, this is very reminiscent of Voodoo, if you substituted the lime in Voodoo with the Jasmine in this blend.

Unfortunately, the sharpness of the pine and lime in Voodoo is what makes it very wearable for me. Love Me is not so much.

Edited by wolfie13

In the bottle

Chocolate, cinnamon, and herbal something

On

It's a combination of a vanilla and chocolate swirl ice cream cone and minty herbs (maybe eucalyptus?) with something cinnamonish too.

30 minutes

vanilla and eucalyptus. Yep.

Throw:

Little

Scent category:

Foody/herbal

Summary

Very different.

This blend was intrguing as hell, and kept me sniffing my arm over and over trying to see if it smelled really good, strange but addictive, or if it smelled too weird and not good. After smelling medicinal vanilla I decided this is a No.

Purchase again?

Probably not.

1-5 rating, 5 being best.

this scent and some of the others in the voodoo category all smell oddly similar to me. i get a hint of cinnamon, some kind of flower (hell if i know what), and a deep scent out of it. i'm not sure if i could pull this scent off, but someone who's pretty confident about it and knows what they want (which i rarely do), could wear it without a problem.

[mental sound of The Cardigans singing, "Love me, love me! Say that you love me!" ]

I really have no idea what to expect with this one--jasmine tends to hate me, but cinnamon loves me, and of course I may get something that smells like neither. Let's just say, I mainly hope it *works*. :D

Pretty reddish-pink color in the vial; similar to Tintagel. :sniff: Ooo! The color isn't the only thing that's like Tintagel--hel-lo, dragon's blood and spicy cinnamon! Mm, florals and vanilla somewhere underneath; there's so much happening here, and it's all so feminine and spicy and sexy. :D I keep sniffing myself; what's *not* to love with this one? :P

love me LOVES ME! :P

and i love it back! :00001746:

i'm still such a newbie, i don't have a clue most of the time what it is that i am smelling. it is rich and warm and smoky and i want to eat myself! :D i get yummy cinnamon, something sugary but not cloyingly sweet and maybe vanilla. it is delicious.

the dry down blends everything expertly. the notes all meld and smell like they were simply MEANT to be together. i can't wait until the mister smells THIS one!!

I was really looking forward to this one, with high expectations of cinnamon and vanilla...Unfortunately for me, while it is a very pretty scent, it does not seem show any vanilla on me, and just the barest hint of cinnamon if I sniff closely and really try to find it... On me, this is mainly dragon's blood (a very sweet and slightly spicy floral), and it also reminds me of Sacred Whore... I debated the Sacred Whore, and I like this too, but I don't think I like either enough to keep... :P

Will try once more to be sure...

Edited by empi girl