Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Rusted metal, leather, and a pop of pink bubblegum.

Wet on Skin: Pink Bubblegum with something bitter and metallic.

Drydown: well worn leather with a hint of sweetness! I like this, its just not bottleworthy, but I will definitely keep my imp!!!! :P

In the bottle – Woah; sickly sweet bubble gum, with just a touch of clean leather behind it

Wet on me – Sweet juicy bubblegum with the dryness of the leather and just a hint of pepper

Dry on me – An oddly sweet leather. Very little throw, but lasts a long time on the skin

Overall – I’m a little confused by this blend, I think I like it, but I don’t know if I’d wear a blend I need to have my nose on my arm to smell

Weird...

Wet this is straight up Wrigley's Juicy Fruit Chewing Gum. It's almost exact to my nose. I love it and would happily smell of this all day long.

The dry stage is WAY different but I'm not getting leather at all...not the leather that I've smelled in other BPAL blends anyway...

This has a clean..almost linen quality to it when it's drying, still with a bit of the Juicy Fruit Chewing Gum. There's also a floral here too.. possibly violet. The reason I'm saying violet is because sometimes to me violet smells like crushed petals that have been trodden on in the rain. I get this a little bit from this oil.

The dry stage I'm not too fond of which has sorta ruined this blend for me. It's morphs so drastically into a heavy floral, kinda powdery. Not that I hate florals, and this one is a nice clean floral too, it's just that it's not what I was expecting at all, and I don't think it symbolises "The Blockhead". I was expecting a sweet but dirty rough leather scent.

Body chemistry is so weird sometimes.

Wet, this is strawberry bubble-yum! As it dries, it turns into a sweet, soapy, strawberry bubble-yum, with a touch of metal. I actually find this scent doesn't fit the character of the description, as other reviewers have noted. I could imagine a very feminine, sexy girl working as a mechanic or metal worker wearing this. This is nice, but not really my style.

If there was a sent made for me this is it.

Named blockhead for my overwhelming stubborness it goes so well with my sense of style, doc martins and floral dresses.

Wet this smells overwhelmingly like bubblegum sweet, sticky, just chewed,pink bubblegum. After a few minutes the leather its a deep, recently polished leather which comes through. I imagine a really cool dominatrix who wears pink and you can hear her coming by the stomping of her leather boots and the popping of bubblegum.... But that's just me :twisted: .

I get no rust from this but I really don't care. I'm in love.

Why have I never noticed The Blockhead earlier? The number of times I've gone through the CD page on the Lab website, trying to find something that might work for me (I've had consistently bad luck with most CD blends I've tried).. and never seen this one. Or perhaps I did see it, and read the 'rusted metal' bit first and skimmed past the bubblegum and leather bit. Clearly, I'm an idiot :D Anyway, I finally got some. I purchased a partial bottle, so I'm not sure of the age of this oil.

Please excuse me for a moment - I just need to get this out. *clears throat* OMG L!@FHKOS&@KAFS;!!!!!! I freakin' love it!!

When I first swiped it on, the pink bubblegum jumped right up in my face with its bubblegum-i-ness. Sweet and pink, just like err.. pink bubblegum, but so well done - not fake or chemical smelling. That initial blast of bubblegum steps back within about five minutes, and then this gorrrrrrrrrgeous smoky leather comes out. This is exactly the leather note that I love.. not the sharp medicinal one that I get from De Sade, but the dark/deep/hot/sensuous one that I get from Spanked and Crowley. Except in The Blockhead, it's not mixed with other similarly dark notes - which gives the leather a completely different feel. This is the kind of leather smell you'd want from your most comfy couch - the leather you'd use as bed sheets if you could, because your bed should smell this good.

30 minutes in, and the bubblegum has dried down really nicely - it's still there, but the pinkness and sweetness has mellowed beautifully. It's just playing with the leather now. And the rusted metal? I dunno - I'm not really picking that up in any major way, there's perhaps a hint of a dull metallic edge to this on my skin, but if it wasn't listed in the notes I may not have noticed it.

So yeah, I think I might actually love The Blockhead :wub:

edited for spelling failure!

Edited by sunshinedaisybliss

In the bottle: Bubblegum.

Immediately after application: Bubblegum and a hint of leather.

Warming up: Could it be? The rust and leather of my beloved Rivet.Goth? IN A FORM I CAN BUY WITHOUT GOING BROKE? OH HAPPY DAY!

Fading: The rust note went slightly aquatic (?) and the leather faded. It still might do in a pinch but it's less Rivet.Gothy now :(

Faded: Average throw, average wear.

Overall: I was hoping it would be a substitute for Rivet.Goth but it failed me. IT FAILED. I still like the general feel of it so I might spring for a bottle eventually.

Rating: 3/5.

My first reaction was this smells like men's cologne. I am getting more metal than leather, and a barely there whiff of gum. Interesting blend!

In the Vial:

Sweet pink bubblegum with a rusted metal edge

On the Skin:

As above but the metal (and it is rusty) takes centre stage. The combination of the metal note and the bubblegum is very intriguing.

On the Drydown:

I'm not sure how I feel about the drydown. It sells of fine soap and a LOT of rusty metal. On the fence.

Pink bubblegum covered in rust (was skeptical about the rust note, but yes, it does smell exactly like rust), and dusty leather which takes over as it dries. Weird!

This starts off with a pop of bubblegum accompanied by a rusty metal note that makes me think of Dwarf (plus bubblegum). Then it gives way to a more traditional metallic note backed by a faint leather, and it stays that way for the rest of the day.

I wish the bubblegum had stuck around longer to sweeten the other notes.