Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
jj_j

Storm

An invigorating, tempestuous citrus and floral blend.

Starts out a basic citrus scent, but quickly morphs into something uplifting and saucy. Ever sniffed a crocus, those first flowers of spring that sometime poke up through the snow? If their scent was stronger, crossed with a dandelion that's just opened, and wrapped in lemon tea, you'd have Storm.

When I first read the description of this perfume, I doubted I'd like it, but ordered a sample anyway. Wow! It is one BPAL oil I keep going back to, no matter how many new oils I buy. It is very clean, with what I'd call rainy and marine notes.

I just received this oil today and I love it. It's a very clean and crisp scent. Can't wait to try it out on the man!

I ordered this as part of my Imp's Ear set thinking it would be a bit like Lightning. Boy, was I wrong!

When I initially put it on, I got the citrus scent--that was wonderful. Howevever, it dried on me and now all I seem to be able to smell is what every single men's fragrance counter I've ever walked by smells like :P . I'm going to see how it smells on my husband. If I strike out there, I'll definitely be trading this one after maybe giving it one more chance. It seems from what I've read in various reviews is that even if you don't like a particular scent, that you should at least try it again.

I still lurves me BPAL, though!

ETA: I had my husband try this over the weekend and it smelled much better on him than on me. It's definitely more of a masculine scent, IMO. I will try it again on me, though, just to be sure.

Edited by Dispatcherbert

Beautiful, very lemony... but unfortuantely on my skin it fades to nothing within a few hours. Oh well, it's fantastic when applied though. I'll keep it in spite of the fast fade out.

I thought this one would be similar to lightning as well... And I was kind of right.

Storm has the same strong ozone note, only Lightning is far stronger and sharper. Storm starts out with a cucumber-ish scent, which doesn't turn sour (like in Hurricane). Overall, of all the 'airy' scents (Lightning, Hurricane, Tempest) Storm is, in my opinion, the best.

at first: a sharp floral with a bright bite of citrus.

on: i'm worried. it's smelling a bit cleaning fluid-ish. ewww...

1 hour later: yeah, this is weird...and not in a good way. smelled a little vegetable-y on me for some reason.

2 hours later: lighter, which is good. i still don't really like the scent. a bit lemony, which i usually like, but not in conjunction with the floral component of this one.

3 hours later: this is pretty much gone, but i can still smell it a bit if i try. still a yucky, sour floral on me.

overall: a big ol' NO on this one. i think this is the first oil that i've vehemently disliked. it's just oddly sour and unpleasant on me.

After my middling experience with Hurricane, I was nervous that this would be another day of smelling like a teenage boy's deodorant. What a pleasant surprise!

The first thing I got was the whiff of ozone tang when lightening is very nearby. When the scent was wet on, there was a nervous "lemon cleaning product" phase. This quickly settled into crushed lemon leaves, and an overall bright citrus scent that was exhilirating and happy-making! :D When a storm is approaching, especially if there's a lot of wind involved, I get a kind of joyful energy that is somehow serene and excited at the same time--it's a wonderful feeling, and this lovely scent filled me with that same sensation! As if that weren't enough, the crushed lemon leaves stepped back and allowed more of a lime scent to come forward--and suddenly it became a very slightly feminine version of the lime cologne my father used to wear. This will be what I wear when I want to feel like Daddy's girl. :P Next, more and more lime flower came in...it made me want some lime flower tea! :D

However, for the first time ever, I experienced the phenomenon of the scent being completely gone by early afternoon. I don't mind so much, though--it's such a pick-me-up, it's good for mornings! I can't wait to try it when there's an actual storm coming so I can get a double-dose of that wonderful kinetic energy! :D

I found Storm to be a very pretty, light, lemony kind of scent. I was expecting some aquatic notes (that usually don't work well for me) just from the name but I really didn't detect any. It's not particularly long-lasting, two hours at best. A friend of mine fell in love with it so I no longer own my little imp, but I did enjoy it.

Storm starts out salty and bracing...this is an ocean storm, ozonic and fresh. I smell lemon peel pretty strongly after a minute, and something else that's rather sharp and piercing, and perhaps herbal. This is a light, cool scent that I'll enjoy wearing. A free imp from the Lab, and I'm so glad I've had a chance to try it.

In the vial, Storm smells like citrus and... wtf? It smells like citrus and mint, with a twist of daffodil. *does a double take*

On me, it's very minty and citrussy for the first twenty minutes or so, then fades dramatically. The mint is gone, and now I smell like grapefruit, yuzu, guava, all wrapped around a soft bouquet of daffodils and dandelions.

It's quite pleasant, but I'm not sure if it works well enough for me to keep it. :P

For me, storm is first a flash of mint and then immediately citrus. Stays citrusy and slightly watery for a brief while, and then it's gone. Within an hour this was gone from my skin.

Oh well, gives me an excuse to put something else on.

This was rather odd. At first, it was citrusy, but when I put it on my skin, I got the rotting wood made into commercial perfume association I got from Hurricane. It is watery, too, but I couldn't get over the Hurricane association to really analyze the other notes.

Storm SO smells like rain!

Spring rain on fresh-cut grass, new flowers, and citrus trees.

Very fresh, light, airy...I think it would make a great meditation blend.

First sniff: Storm just smells like those bright blue mentholyptus cough drops in the vial. Hopefully it’ll improve with wearing.

Wearing: Oh yes, much better. It still smells like eucalyptus, but it’s gone from coughdroppy to lively and refreshing. It went faintly floral as it dried, but disappeared quickly and didn’t make much of an impression.

Yeah - this is a men's deodoranty mix of menthol, citrus and rainy notes on me. I also get a sense of bathroom cleaning products from it. It's quite bitter and tangy. Not my thing (too fresh/clean and also too masculine).

Storm

Preconceived notions: I like lemon - sounds like a lovely aquatic, citrus scent. To be honest, after reading the reviews, I didn’t think it would actually smell stormy, mainly because I don’t think of floral and citrus notes as being stormy.

In the vial: pungent, spicy mint - wow, this is definitely stormy - I get the electricity, and the sharp winds. Still, it’s a light grey storm, mid-afternoon. Dangerous, but not dark.

On me:

At first, I get citrus - there’s definitely citrus in there, and it’s still fresh and airy. The citrus is the rind - it’s got a bitterness to it, and I’m no longer getting any of the spice I smelled in the vial. I feel like I could taste it though - this is lovely. Wow, I really like it. This is a late afternoon summer storm - it’s almost as if the storm came in, and the children ran inside to hide, leaving their lemonade stand out in the street. The winds have blown it over, so a twang of lemon is in the winds as they wreak their havoc.

In about half an hour, it’s still citrusy, and a little sweet - this is the lemonade spilled all over the hot, wet asphalt.

Twenty minutes after that, already, I can barely smell it. It didn’t last even an hour.

Final impressions: This fades really quickly, but it’s a very intriguing scent. Definitely stormy, and definitely a ‘daytime’ storm. This isn’t at all dark (at least, not what I consider dark), but it’s good all the same. (hmm, can you tell I tend to like dark scents?) I’ll keep the imp :).

Citrusy and ozone fresh in the vial with a touch of something floral like an after thought of a shower. Sadly putting this on did what citrus so loves to do on me - LEMON! Ah yes the fresh smell of a summer storm and pledge. Sigh. Off to swaps with this potentially lovely blend

Good, I've been wanting to try this one, and Beth sent it as an extra in one of my orders. :P

In bottle: Lovely strong citrus, reminds me of orange Tic-tacs. Second whiff and the candy-like orange is more like furniture polish. Hmmm. This could be interesting.

On me: OH EEEW! This totally just went to piss on my skin.

Not what I was expecting; I'm quite disappointed. I'm thinking these marine/watery notes just don't like me...

Storm smells like turpentine(sp?) or paint remover to me :P

I don't think I like aquatic scents or lemony scents.....I got this as a freebie from the Lab, and it wasn't something I would have chosen for myself.

But if someone wants to try this scent before they discontinue it, PM me and I'll be happy to pass along the imp.

I got this one as a freebie imp in my first order- I guess maybe they're giving it away since it's being discontinued. It's too bad because this one is very lovely. It smells almost exactly like a scented oil I had in college called "Rain". I was really excited when I smelled it because I couldn't find the original oil anywhere. When I first put this on it smells like a very refreshing lemon and menthol scent. But it's not overpowering like menthol cough drops- it's more like a lemony breeze. Then it changes into sweet floral notes. I can't really pick out what the notes are but they smell sweet, warm and green to me. It brings to mind a spring rain storm that is cleansing and refreshing. Too bad it's going :P I'll enjoy the imp while it lasts.

My first ever review! So please bear with me.

The first time I tried this it became old lady powder within seconds. This is the review for the second time around.

In the bottle: Orange...Lemon...Pledge. Um?

Wet: Same as in bottle, more citrus than anything else - very pledgy. Light flowers come out. Smell a slight whisp of mint?

Drydown: Lovely soft floral with lemon in the background. Bit powdery but not too much. Smells like a cottage garden in the evening after a really hot day when all the flowers are sort of burnt out and putting off a feeble yet warm smell. The citrus is lovely and crisp, if very faint.

Finally: Soft and clean smelling. But nearly gone. For some reason my mind is calling up an image of snuggling into cool linen sheets that still retain the feel of being dried in the sun in the country sunshine. But they were brought in hurridely during a brief thunderstorm and that's where they get that ozone crispness.

Very lovely am comforting but seems to be one to slather as opposed to dab (I'm a dabber.)

Well, dammit all this has been discontinued.

I got this a freebie awhile back, or maybe it was freebie in a swap.

I rather like it, though I believe it would make a nicer candle or soap scent than it would perfume.

In the vial, I mostly get ozone and something minty in a menthol way versus a peppermint or spearmint way. I don't like it...there's something a little off.

On my skin it's very reminiscent of June Gloom, that sort of wet, citrussy scent. A tad like lemon Pledge, but there's a little tiny bit of green behind it,

It fades fairly quickly, but the greener notes start to come out a little bit more. The green notes remind me a bit of dandelion.

It's a shame this has been discontinued. I actually like this better than June Gloom. Once the citrus dies down and the greener notes come out to play, it's really quite lovely, whereas the citrus in June Gloom never really dies down on me and I miss out on the greener notes.

Overall: I don't know if I like citrus enough to buy a big bottle of it, but it's definitely one of the better citrus blends that I've come across and doesn't turn bitter like I find some citrus to do. I would buy an imp of it now and again when I'm in the mood for citrussy scent. Well, I mean, I would if it wasn't discontinued.

In the bottle: Another slightly spicy citrus scent. Maybe more tart than spicy. The floral is pretty much in the background.

Wet: I smell like those citrus Halls cough drops I have. This is not pretty. It's a nice cirtus, it just has too much of something that makes me think cough drop. Some kind of vapor or maybe one of the florals. Ick.

Dry down: Citrus cough drop with a hint of a dead flower in the background. Man, my skin hates this one. I guess it's just too much cirtus. That or the combination is simply just bad for me.

Dry: Orange and lemon and grapefruit. These are the flavors the cough drops come in as well as my wrist. The floral is peeking out, and I think it might be carnation, which I have problems with so this is getting washed off now. I think I'll ship it to teza as she mentioned liking it.

I was absolutely thrilled that I didn*t get glomped by the lemon in this one - it was really mild, with more of the floral than the citrus. I*ve lost my knack for describing scents, I think, but it was just yummy and light on my wrist. Too bad it*s discontinued, I might*ve gotten larger bottles of this...