Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Deidre

Oh, the strawberries, the strawberries!

Bon Vivant and hollywood babylon (i think it has listed strawberry somone suggested i try it since i like strawberry) went sour one my i was so sad :(

I haven't tried Bon Vivant but it's sitting in my "to try" imp box and waiting.

As for Hollywood Babylon, it smelled like cherry cough syrup on me... so much so that I had to wash it off to keep from being sick. (I have very bad gag reactions to the smell of Robitussin and the like) I was quite sad since the description sounded so lovely.

Aaaand, gonna perform a little necromancy on this topic, since we've had so many lovely items with strawberry notes released in the last year or so:

Sticky Eyeballs and Floppy Entrails - Sticky white glops of marshmallow and clotted cream with ropes of sinewy strawberry licorice whips and oozing pink jelly.

Battle Fairy in Training - This Battle Fairy smells like blue cotton candy, strawberries, a plop of vanilla icing and a bit of crushed peppermint candy.

Pop - This is the scent of the bubbles that she popped all over the city: strawberry bubblegum against a backdrop of chilly wind.

Strawberry Sufganiyot - A sugar-dusted pile of sufganiyot, trickling bright rivulets of strawberry jelly.

A Mirror of Spring Pleasures on Kites - Pink strawberry, gardenia, blackberry wine, vanilla frankincense, and champaca absolute.

Kertasníkir - Beeswax, strawberries, and bits of hard candy.

Round Dance - Blush amber, wild carnation, French lavender, hay absolute, strawberry candyfloss, and vanilla cream.

The Instructional Manual - Cherry blossoms falling into folds of red musk, bourbon vanilla, and strawberry cream.

The Small Harem - Tahitian vanilla and strawberry with tonka bean absolute, Italian bergamot, ylang ylang, and Haitian vetiver.

And from the Trading Post:

Enveloped in Silk Hair Gloss - Strawberry cream, white musk, and orris root.

I've tried many of these, and my favorites so far are Strawberry Sufganiyot, Round Dance, and Enveloped in Silk hair gloss. Thoughts from others?

Mason and Jenkins Port Jelly?

Hollywood Babylon

Strawberry Moon, including prototypes

Bon Vivant, if fresh

Gollettes!

Strawberry Sufganiyot--loved it! :)

Love this one too!!

Also love Battle Fairy and Sticky Eyeballs! I second their strawberry yumminess!!! :wub2:

I think Love is still my favorite strawberry. Some strawberry notes can smell a bit boozy/fermenting on me, but in there it's perfect. I really liked both Battle Fairy in Training and Sticky Eyeballs and Floppy Entrails from this year's Liliths, too. I talked myself out of Strawberry Sufganiyot because I have Golletes already, but I've been regretting that decision! Maybe it will return next Yule...

Edited by sunlitgarden

How about the See Saw? I keep thinking it sounds great except the rum but there are still no reviews!

I hadn't realized I wear so many with strawberry! Love, Strawberry Sufganiyot & Golletes are all great, as well as L'Essence de L'Engouement (French vanilla, pink candies, strawberry sugar, and orange blossom).

I probably need to seek out some Sticky Eyeballs, too, since marshmallow is usually good on me.

Edited by alterosen

Strawberry Sufganiyot is pretty awesome, but Kertasníkir is just amazing.

Strawberry Moon. Gah.

Bon Vivant, agreed about the fresh thing. Aged it's a little ???

How about the See Saw? I keep thinking it sounds great except the rum but there are still no reviews!

Well, now there's a review but the Seesaw sounds odd...

I have it on right now, it is heavy patchouli, but I definitely get the strawberry too. I just am very uncreative so dont want to do reviews. I dont get any rum. I actually do like it, but I dont know if I like it enough for a whole bottle. I am a patch fan but even I think it might be too heavy on the patch.

disclaimer, ive been putting all kinds on all parts of me for the last two days, just got decants, so I might need to test it completely alone.

Crap. I am so TOTALLY in love with Enveloped in Silk.

I just added several more bottles to my cart because, apparently, I am a HOARDER.

Someone talk me down before I check out! :laugh:

Just get it, or you will be sorry you didn't everytime you look at your dwindling bottle, like I do with Honeyed Frankincense.

Plush Viscera - Dragon’s blood resin, myrrh, and smushed strawberries with a little bit of lavender.

Such a beautiful strawberry/ lavender combo :wub3: