Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
jj_j

The World

Mmmmmm... Root Beer...

Seriously though, there must be sweet birch in here or something, because I get a very root beer like smell like sweet birch tends to impart when wet, along with a touch of cinnamon and hint of woods in the background. This one is delightful, and as said before, really seems to span the categories well without fitting into any particular one. I am getting a touch of what I believe is vetiver in the far background, giving it an earthy quality (I realllly amp vetiver) but not enough to make me feel any less for this blend, so fellow vetiver-avoidees, do not fear...

Quite a lovely blend overall (especially if you are a fan of root beer). :P

This is such a weird scent experience. It started off as a spicy blend (definitely has cinnamon in it) but now it has turned into this musky almost green scent. I don't know what I'm smelling. Possibly the vetivert?

This in my mind is a very masculine scent. And by very, I mean this is like the scent equivalent of a manly man.

at first i get airy sweetness with a bubbly pepperminty smell. once it dries down i get a powdery sandalwood (i think) possibly mixed with a subtle floral. the sandalwood is going all pencil-lead on me and giving me a headache, unfortunately.

in the bottle: wintergreen and something spicy. just lovely.

wet on skin: fizzy is the word that comes to mind. wintergreen, sparkly, sweet. a slight hint of a smoky note, like vetiver perhaps, but only faintly.

dry down: a superior blend, the notes keep changing, keep switching out on each other, and i find inexplicably that i am filled with a sense of possibility, a sense of joy. :D

in all: this *perfectly* encapsulates the tarot card known as #XXI The World.

:P

In the vial: Vetiver and moss, a very sharp and salty scent.

Wet: So far it smells just like it did in the vial, but there's a hint of some unusual mint coming up. Not spearmint or peppermint, or bergamot. Maybe wintergreen or pennyroyal? It's kind of menthol, so I'd be inclined to think wintergreen.

Twenty minutes: Still extremely green, but now there's a hint of some warm spice, or maybe a wood, beneath. Cedar, possibly?

Three hours: Very herbal, in a non-pungent kind of way, yet still with that little touch of menthol. That might be birch or cedar, definitely some kind of aromatic wood.

I rather liked this one because it was so different from most of the other scents I've tested.

Hi, here's my 2 cents and thanks especially to TygherRayn for the excellent description of this card, so long ago. It was further illuminating to my query.

I was doing a reading with the Tarot of the Trance, and my culmination card was the World. I decided to crack my special box and try the one slather I possess.

The World is pure and beautiful, on me a strong sandalwood layered with cinnamon, light pine boughs, and cool life-giving mountain air. That's where it takes me: atop a cliff in the sun, amid forested mountains, fresh air and the sweetness of life all around me. It's the holy incense of Nature, of wholeness, contentedness, benevolence. I feel a renewel, after much struggle and much that has been lost, there remains a sacredness in what is before me every day.

Great interpretation of this card. Sandalwood amps on me, but since it is my favorite single component I never mind.

The World card pictures a dancer in a Yoni (sometimes made of laurel leaves). The Yoni symbolizes the great Mother, the cervix through which everything is born, and also the doorway to the next life after death. It is indicative of a complete circle. The Dancer has one leg crossed over the other, just like the Hanged man. She is, in a sense, his opposite, the hanged man right-side-up. As the Hanged Man saw infinitely inward, the Dancer sees infinitely outward. Which brings us to the Lion, Bull, Cherub and Eagle standing for Leo, Taurus, Aquarius and Scorpio, the fixed signs of the Zodiac (these link the ever turning World card to the ever turning Wheel of Fortune), and so symbolic of the four elements, four compass points and the four corners of the universe. All within the Dancer's sight and power.

Thus, the World card, very aptly, represents a successful conclusion, all aspects accounted for and taken in. Simply put, this card tells the Querent that the end to a long-term project is in sight, and that it will be accompanied by well-earned praise, celebration and success. With Saturn as its ruling planet, this card can also indicate that the Querent, now an expert in their subject, is likely to become a teacher or sought-after lecturer. And, finally, on a more mundane level, the World card indicates travel, not short business trips, but long, fantastic trips. Maybe a lecture tour, book signing, or just a trip around the world. This is a wonderful card of wholeness, perfection, satisfaction and happiness.

In the bottle: Earthy was my first impression. Cinnamon, perhaps. Something a little woody .. but it's not cedar, that's for sure. The cinnamon's tempered by something, making it not as strong as something like, say, mars or Wrath.

Wet: Yes, cinnamon. After a minute or so it sweetens, like there's a floral scent in this as well. The World card is a depiction of the cyclical nature of things .. and this scent seems to mimic that. It morphs constantly, I can't pin down the notes except for the cinnamon, but I know there's more.

Wearing: This scent makes me happy. It makes me feel connected and grounded. And that's rather what I expected of a scent pattered after this Tarot card. It's warm and soft, it's sweet and woody. It's 'Elemental', if that makes sense. It seems to have all the elements in it, and that's a lovely thing indeed.

I found a decant of The World in my stash yesterday and decided to try it on.

In the vial: Smells green, earthy and fizzy. I smell wintergreen and sandalwood. There's definitely a spicy sweetness in there, kind of like a spiced up root beer.

Wet on skin: Still the same. Yum! :yum: Herbal and creamy, but not too green. It smells round, grounded and serene. I would wear this for a walk in the forest, or for yoga in the park. It's a scent that perfectly suits The World. It's something Mother Earth would wear!

Dry down: Oh, hello patchouli. The other notes are disappearing slowly, which is disappointing because they were lovely and promising. After an hour or two, vetivert starts creeping out of nowhere, which definitely means trouble because my skin tends to amp up that note. Then the vetivert invades my skin like an alien, kills all the other notes and tries to eat me alive. This morning I still reeked of vetivert and nothing else. I had to scrub it off in the shower. Blech! :sick:

Was able to snag a half bottle (which, since they're 10 ML bottles, is like a full bottle) via our wonderful forum. BIG item on my wishlist from loving it way back when! This is from a decanted imp of it from said aged cobalt bottle.

IN THE IMP: Bandaids and awesome.

Dabbed on wrist and in crook of arm.

WET: Just this awesome, medicinal, pharmacy scent that brings me back to my childhood, where the local drugstore smelled like Bandaids and vanilla ice cream cones. it's sweet and spicy and has a little mercurochrome to it.

DRYDOWN: I can smell the cinnamon and I can smell the sandalwood. I do not get ANY of the mint others have mentioned and mint almost invariably goes wonky on me so am thinking if there IS mint it's only a trace amount. But there's something else amping on me that brings out that medicinal note ... Amber? Benzoin? Something more resiny and herbal than just sandalwood. A comfort scent for sure.

OVERALL: I still love love love this and SO wish I knew the notes in it so that I could find out if there were other BPAL blends that I should try because of their similarities, since I don't think the Lab will ever rerelease the amazing Tarot line no matter how hard I wish it to be true.

On a scale of 1-5, a 5.