Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
jj_j

Glasgow

The rich scent of wild blackberry breezing over gentle rosy heather.

In the bottle and wet, this worried me. It smelled too sweet. The closest thing I can describe it as is those white hard lifesaver candies.

Drying down it was still mostly the really sweet berry, but with some of the heather coming through. Heather smells like light green to me, which is nice. Definitely better than sickly sweet berry.

Dry it's actually mostly heather with the berry calming down and taking a back seat. This is definitely what I was looking for when I ordered. I don't think I'll order a big bottle, but I'll definitely enjoy my imp.

The first time my girlfriend smelled it on me she said I smelled like Scotland. At the time she didn't know I was wearing Glasgow. Goes to show the magic the lab can do :)

This smells like berries and green plants and is evocative of something I cant quite remember. It is very pretty, and I will enjoy my imp, but I don't think a bottle is in the cards for me. It's almost powdery and rosy to me.

In the imp: A distinctive sweet rosy floral scent, not off-putting but not really something I think I would wear sadly.

Wet: Overly rosy and heavy on the sweet floral notes, I'm pretty sure it's mostly the heather I'm smelling with slight berry undertones.

Dry: Much calmer and not so full on, however it's definitely just like 'delicious4' stated above a rather powdery rosy scent.

Overall: Glasgow is a lovely scent and something I will probably use now and again but I don't feel the need to buy a full bottle which is incredibly unfortunate considering that I'm from Scotland, I was really hoping that I would like this perfume.

Edited by NikS

Wow I didn't get the berry when I tried this at all, I thought it smelled very fresh and green, with an almost airy "sea" thing happening...the berry comes through on the dry down.

This is a beautiful fresh scent, I think it will be perfect for spring, or in the dull winter when you want to smell something green. I love this.

Imp and wet: really heavy floral. I don't get any blackberry, even when it dries down. The heather I've smelled before is lighter and greener, this is very perfumey and fragrant, but not in a good way. Just not for me, washed it off.

In the bottle: This is gorgeous & reminds me of rain! The blackberry is beautiful but subtle & there's something that smells like lavender but without the lavender (confusing, I know, but that's the only way I can describe it!), so I'm guessing that's the heather. I've never smelled heather in real life, but if it's anything like this note, it's beautiful!

Wet on skin: Just the heather & the "rain" feeling! So pretty!

Dry on skin: Mostly just the heather, but the blackberry is slowly starting to make an appearance.

After a few hours: About the same as dry. I love this!

Verdict: This is probably one of my most worn perfumes, especially on cold & rainy days - it just seems to suit that weather well!

In the imps this smells a lot like Bewitched (a fave of mine) which is to be expected from the notes.

Wet: Holy soap.

Dry: Even more soap! Plain white bar soap. Too bad! I think I'll let it age and see if that improves things.

In the imp: The rosy heather note jumps out to my nose first, followed by the berry note.

Wet: Same. More rosy heather than berry.

Dry: I'm still getting more of the rosy heather than anything, although the note is much herbier now. The berry note is a lot fainter now.

Verdict: I'm not finding this to be like Bewitched at all. Bewitched is sweeter, and the berry notes in that one reign on my skin, but in this one, the rosy heather steals the show. I have so many rose scents in my collection already, that I can only keep ones that I love. This is not one of those scents, so I will be passing on my imp.

Not terrific, but not terrible. To me, there's a synthetic smell that lends a slight plastic note to the proceedings. I can smell the blackberry, but it just seems....too air freshner for me. I can smell what others are referring to with the heather, but for me, it's a no-go.

Frimp from the lab! :wub3:

it. start nicely with the heather, I can see the "rain" aspect described by JuliskaMarie

I don't get any BlackBerry at all.

....aaaannd it become totally ivory soap :/ :frustrated:

I got this as a frimp. Not one I would usually pick for myself because darker berries are usually too fruity and sweet for my tastes. This proves to be true for this scent, but the heather does add a really lovely floral touch to it.

Yasss, berries! Lovely, squishy berries! Not sure what heather's supposed to smell like but ...it's my favourite plant so hey. :P

It's alltogether quite purply, a tad earthy and very sweet. Would love a bottle of this in the future!

Amazing. Exactly what it says on the label: heather and blackberries. It's completely gone after applying it just over an hour ago, but it was glorious while it lasted.

At first it was sharp, and a little astringent. But it softens to nice heather and just a breath of sweet blackberry underneath

I’ve wanted to try this one for a while, so, yay!

On the wand, this doesn’t smell as expected. I’ve enjoyed blackberry in other blends, like Lady Una and Bewitched, and I liked the heather in Carlin. But this just smells… weird. Thin, perfumey, and purple.

On my skin, this smells perfumey, lightly purple, and breezily aquatic. It doesn’t smell like berries or heather specifically, but instead like a sort of artificial perfume of purpleness and sea spray. It’s even a tiny bit salty.

This dries into a sweet, slightly heathery, green aquatic on me.

This one isn’t for me.

This is a very pretty blend. For me there's more blackberry in the imp than on skin, but I do tend to amp most flowers. I only recognize heather because of a few Possets scents, having never smelled it in real life--for those who aren't familiar with it, it's like a blend of lavender and rosemary but softer and sweeter than either of them. It's a bit perfumey but still herbal enough that it smells like flowers growing out in a field. It lasts surprisingly well and I can see it being wonderful for spring and summer. I might have to get a bottle.

Oh my goodness. I want to go to Glasgow badly. Actually saw the notes on this one.

In bottle: VERY floral but a soft one. Kind of lavender without being lavender? Oh, yeah, heather.

Wet: This doesn't seem to be working out. HEAVY florals.

Dry, immediate: Still floral, but something is coming out. The fruit?

Dry, 2 hours later: OH man, this, given time to dry, is like laying in a field of heather, popping blackberries in my mouth. Like everytime I smell it, I want to go grab the blackberries in my fridge and eat them just to match. Should do another with heather and something and call it Brigadoon.

Now I want to eat blackberries and watch Gene Kelly movies. THIS IS AWESOME. Definitely starting to rank up there. WHEEEEEEeeeEE

My current imp of Glasgow is very old, probably a decade-ish.

There's definitely aquatic in Glasgow, and it's fairly strong. With that, it definitely smells like there is rose in this, softened by a herbal-floral heather. The blackberries add a touch of sweetness and add a bit of tartness to the aquatic.

Overall, I really love this one, and I'll likely spring for a new 5ml of it, because I loved it so much. Here's to hoping it doesn't need a decade to age into the scent I loved though.

Glasgow is a very pretty aquatic with a hint of sweetness from the blackberries. I like it for days when I want something light and fresh but not citrussy.

I got a partial imp of this off eBay.

Wet: dried, slightly sour blackberry over an aquatic cologne.

Dry: the berry mostly goes away leaving Heather and aquatic cologne.

I find the dried down state to be a simple, not too sweet,  fresh scent. I hope they restock this soon because I would definitely buy a bottle.

Edited by Biocarbons

On 12/18/2018 at 10:52 PM, Biocarbons said:

I hope they restock this soon because I would definitely buy a bottle.

Just a note - make sure you sign up for the waiting list on the web site so they know you're interested! I hope that if enough people sign up, they'll bring it back. I'm kicking myself for not ordering a bottle before it went away.

I borrowed this from someone else so I don't know how old it was, probably 3-5 years.

First impression: excessively sweet with a sort of synthetic and quite unpleasant berry smell, my friend didn't notice the synthetic smell but did agree that it was very sweet

On my skin it was floral and fresh, with a hint of blackberry, it really did smell like heather and brambles! It was still sweet but pleasantly sweet, and not very fruity

It's one of my favourites so I hope I'll be able to get some for myself one day.

Importantly, it did not smell like Glasgow the city.

Edited by Kebab Fiend
add more info

Pulling out what I think is a pretty old imp (curled tag, faded, not much left): I remember mildly liking, not loving or hating this...and I think that's still true? It's more berries in the imp...but then goes almost instantly to berries + soap on me, and the soap is the strongest! It's...fine if you like that, perhaps, but not really my preference!

Fresh growing not quite ripe blackberries, and the scent of the entire growing plant. There is a background element that smells of just finished rain and fresh morning breezes. The heather is there in the background, but not the star of the scent. This is such a beautiful realistic blackberry! 

I would be thrilled if I could find more of this than just the sniffie/tester imp I was gifted.