Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
jj_j

Glasgow

The rich scent of wild blackberry breezing over gentle rosy heather.

Light, tart blackberries over a bed of lightly-perfumey greenery. More fresh than floral. Smells a little bit like Philosophy's 'Falling in Love.'

A lovely green, almost herbal floral in the bottle. The heather comes out a bit more when it's wet on my skin. Unfortunately it's drying down to a bit of a floral soap. I do like smelling clean, but this isn't quite what I was looking for. Oh well. I still have eight imps to go in this order—there's probably a keeper in there somewhere.

In the bottle, this smelled very fruity to me. I was worried.

Wet, it was still fruity, but becoming something more floral and plant-like. I am not a fruit or pretty flowers kind of girl, so I was still hesitant, but continued on into the dry down process.

Dry, the blackberry smell is subtle and combines well with the heather's floral plant smell. The combination creates a sweetness that is different from fruit or flower. I don't know whether this is a 'me' scent, but it is lovely. I will definitely be looking around for additional scents with heather notes.

I didn't know what to expect from this, as I didn't know what heather smelled like. In the bottle it was light and pretty, but on my skin... ergh. Laundry powder with a side order of granny talc. Sorry Glasgow, I love the accents of your citizens but your scent is not for me.

This was a watery clean on me.....at first i was thinking it was like a cool breeze, a clean dry floral, clean, then boring clean....then i realized that i smelled like a dryer sheet....but a pleasant dryer sheet. So, if i ever need to seduce laundry, i know what to wear.

:::GLASCOW:::

Bold, brash, beautiful! Not a shy Violet nor a Pansy in the lot!

Glascow makes no apologies for being a fragrance that is a great deal lovely, and yet will kick the ever-lovin' shite outta ye!

There is lush, wild verdance to Glascow. Also, there is a dangerously composed menace glittering just at the precipice behind a crinkly-eyed smiling...The Blackberry is heady and gorgeous. It adds a lustre and depth to the sweet and fresh-out-of-the-shower greenery that is truly one of a kind!

There is a thinly veiled sweetness of whiskey (?) that pops in this from time to time along with a proud bit of Heather and a swagger of soap.

Glascow is so bloody good!

It is an unconquerable pride and history intermingled with a savage giggle that plucks the needle from it's elbow and bits of windscreen from between it's teeth.

Glascow is a raven-haired beauty with eyes the deep green of someday.

While cutting edge, this is also the dream of walking away from it all, chronicling wildflowers in an isolated cabin.

Glascow is remarkable!

5/5!

Edited by impolight

In bottle: Rose dominant, though one does get heather and a hint of blackberry. I see no point in skin testing as the in bottle scent suggests it won’t work on me. It is a delicate floral blend, springlikre and breezy.

In the vial: Very pretty, soft and sweet floral notes. This almost reminds me of Arkham Revisited!

Wet: Baby soft heather, herbs and a gentle ozone note. This is very clean and comforting smelling. It reminds me a lot of a certain bed and breakfast I stay at on Block Island in the summertime.

Dry: I'm still not smelling blackberry. This is all a pale floral with a gentle breeze.

Verdict: Very pretty! I think this would be a great scent for transitioning someone from traditional perfume to BPAL. I'm not sure if this is a scent for me but I can certainly appreciate its beauty :)

Edited by Monster

Really great staying power! It smells exactly like the description...and ends up with a nice green note after wearing awhile.

I think a little goes a long way on me though, so next time I try it, I will use way less!

All in all, nice. Good for warm weather. ;)

I spent plenty of time in Glasgow in my late teens. I bought this without checking the notes, for some reason I expected it to smell of the Glasgow of my youth i.e. pubs, wooden tables drenched in McEwan's and cigarette smoke, coal fires and damp weather.

Instead I got a rosy floral :sad: I don't get the blackberries and I don't think heather smells of much anyway, so it would be hard to spot. This is a pretty scent soft sweet florals.

Verdict : keep imp, don't need a bottle.

Pretty straight forward. Heathered blackberries with hints of rose. It's soft, and sticks close to the skin.

It's also a comfort scent for me.

This is a great comfort scent. I reach for it when I'm spending a quiet evening at home, or if it's rainy out. Sometimes I use it instead of TKO as my sleep scent.

There's an herbal, dry grassy note which is the heather. The berries don't scream "berries!" but lend a sweetness, slight tartness and depth to the blend. There is something faintly floral here, but this is not a floral blend. I'd characterize it as "clean", but not at all in an aquatic way.

wet: floral very tart berries, green not terribly sweet and rather nice

dry: kinda strong and turns into a dryer sheet smell which wasn't bad at first but all the complexity has vanished now. No more berries and I really have no idea what heather is supposed to smell like.

verdict: not awful but not good

In the imp: Foresty and herbal.

Wet: Very strongly heather, green and floral. I smell rose, too.

Drydown: It takes forever for the blackberry to show up, but it does eventually, giving the blend a slight sweetness. The first time I applied it, I thought it was going funky on me after about an hour, but I decided to risk a second try and it's held up okay.

Verdict: It's nice, but not bowling me over.

imp: very faint. Fresh herbal scent and blackberry, yay!

wet: hmm. Fabric softener? Dryer sheet? No berries.

dry: still a pleasant, barely-detectable laundry product smell.

Damnit, I really wanted to like this! It barely even exists on me. :(

This is a very beautiful floral smell.

I don't really know how heather smells, but I get rose mixed with something else. The blackberry is faint when wet and unfortunately vanishes when dry.

I really love florals and this is one of the best I've smelled so far, so I'll order a bottle in my next order ^^

Mostly heather in the imp, can't really smell the blackberries, we'll see what my skin decides to do to it. Pretty much all heather, no blackberries to be found. I'll give it a while and see what it does.

I recently had a chance to try In Relig Oran and loved the heather in that, so I'm looking forward to trying this!

In Imp: Oddly sweet green, almost medicinal, but there's that heather underneath.

Wet: Green and very nice. That sweetness must have been the blackberry, now that I've checked the notes, but I only get a little of it on my skin. Mostly it's rich heather. The rose quality of the heather makes for an interesting floral twist to what I expected to be more of a straight green scent, and I amp the rosiness on my skin. Still soft and sweet, however.

Dry: Pretty straight up even on the drydown. Sweet heather with a garnish of blackberry that sticks pretty close to the skin, not a lot of throw. A very pleasant scent, however, one I plan on keeping.

Edited by Whisperstilled

This is a delicate sharp scent. Slightly wipsy. Fades very very quickly. But there's a sharp, crisp lively scent to it, with a slight sweetness. A slightly medicianl or astringent smell, but not unpleasantI don't know what heather smells like ,but this definitely isn't the blackberry. Good for summer.

I love blackberry, but the heather is turning this into blackberry laundry soap. There's a green-ness to this but the greens don't compliment the blackberry like they do so wonderfully in Bewitched.

In the imp: Floral & green, with just a hint of blackberry in the background. The blackberry isn't sweet, but rather tangy & wild.

Wet: Very green heather.

Dry: Fades quickly, but what's left on me is pure (gentle) heather. The blackberry never did quite "wake up" on my skin.

Not really my style, but if you dig heather, this'll be a great scent for you!

imp: sweet heather.

wet: very floral, not really heather on my skin. doesn't really smell like blackberry either, just a light fruity sweetness.

dry: this fades rather quickly leaving a gentle hint of flowers.

Hmm. I think I recognise the heather from Robin Goodfellow. There's a sweet fruitiness behind it; so that's what blackberry smells like in perfume form! It's really indistinct, though - I'm going to have to try more scents with it to be able to properly identify it. This is a sweet fruity floral, emphasis on floral, light pink, and unfortunately edging into the "too feminine for me" territory. :(