Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Polished metallic notes, glossy leather, frankincense, star anise, and thin lubricating oils.

I think my nose is confused, because I'm getting what smells like lemon along with a sort of high-pitched department-store musk. It smells expensive but not "me."

ETA: And kind of dryer sheets in the later stages.

Edited by lady_pandora

i can't believe i've never tried this before! i received a decant in a swap. first i get something metallic and a bit citrus and sweet. it's pretty and clean smelling. i really get no leather or frankincense in this, it's more of a clean golden scent. pretty and softer than i anticipated it would be, but not something i'd wear all that often. 

In the imp: clean, glinting metal. A lightly chemical edge. There's something mineraly-aquatic about it. 

Wet: the same but more cologne-y. I definitely get the star anise now, but not too liquoricey. I get some frankincense, which is bringing some warmth and keeping this from pulling too fresh/green/aquatic.

Dry: Spices and metal. Much more pleasant than that sounds. Golden rather than silver, there's a gently whirring life to it. 

In the Imp it smelled overpowering. It basically gave me a headache. Putting it on had no change. It’s strong and masculine and does not fade. Not a fan. 

From the imp of unknown age, I smell sweetness, which I was not expecting given the notes.

Wet on my skin, this is lovely. It's spicy and sweet and dusty and metallic. Thankfully the leather is not overpowering at this point, because I kind of hate leather.

The frankincense and star anise somehow go beautifully with the metals. I am a goddess of bronze being worshiped in my own temple.

I'm keeping this one! Maybe think about getting a bottle...

I quite like Robotic Scarab.  It's never strong on me, a skin scent, but it lasts a long time at that level. I don't get a lot of anise (which I love) or frank from this, or really distinct impressions of any of the notes besides the machine oil, but it's a melange that reminds me of the men of my childhood.  Comforting. 

2022 lab freebie.

In the imp: Shiny metal, leather, and frankincense.

Wet: Leather, frankincense, motor oil, star anise.

Dry: Crumpled aged vellum, motor oil, spicy frankincense. I slightly prefer The Antikythera Mechanism, but this one is very similar and also lovely. Wouldn't have ever bought it, but will definitely keep an imp in rotation. Medium throw with a good long lifespan.

Stars: ★★★★½