Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
copyshopclerk

L'Autunno Soap (by Silk Road Trading Company)

Fig, almond, patchouli, and honey.

This is just a review of the scent now - I'm going to be sharing this bar so I don't want to use it until I cut it, so I'll come back and edit this with a review of the soap itself (how moisturizing it is, etc) after I use them.

I admit I had a minor doubt about this one, as I'm not patchouli's biggest fan by a long shot, but I absolutely adore almond, love fig, and am growing an appreciation for honey.

I needn't have worried!

The patchouli really takes a backseat to the almond and fig which are the most prominent notes in this on the first sniff. Overall it smells like sweet almonds, honey, and dried fruits - I want to say the honey and patchouli are what makes the fig smell dried rather than fresh. If this were an oil I'd definitely use it in my oil burner as I want my house to smell like this :P It's a feel-good, snuggling, hearty kind of comfort scent.

L'AUTUNNO

Packaging: Beautiful! Here is pic:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v17/icem...ff/IMG_0684.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v17/icem...ff/IMG_0688.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v17/icem...ff/IMG_0689.jpg

Soap it self is a light tan color.

Dry scent: Sweet and foody. YUM! The almond is dominant at first, sweet cherry nutty. The fig gives it a dark and sticky fruitness, I can actually feel the fruit and taste it. The honey is also sweet (sensing a theme here?) and makes this scent to die for. My favorite so far. The patchouli is not heavy at all, just a darker resinous note that gives a great base to the scent. This scent is very warm and Autumn like, and is again, pure luxury. I would love to curl up with this on a chilly day and let it hug my skin. Eeek! I think I drooled on the soap! :P

Wet: Will edit when tried

I'm getting more honey than anything else, followed by patchouli. The fig gives it roundness, lushness, and the almond is very gentle. It's so warm and intimate. I'd love to have the scent as an oil.

I was able to get a piece thanks to copyshopclerk :P.

It smells very almond-earthy to me, and it's a little bit sweet (the honey?), but mostly it's just a gentle, comforting, vaguely spiced baking smell (not foody so much as atmospheric).

And I have to say I am totally digging the texture of the soap! I broke off a smaller piece, and it was like breaking fudge or something...it wasn't soft, but it wasn't hard and brittle-feeling. It had a nice lather, and was very moisturizing. And although the scent at first smelled like aftershave on my skin (HOW, I don't know :D), it's mellowed into this lovely almond-honey, skin-hugging smell. Very unisex, very soothing.

I can't WAIT until this Inquisition now...

This soap was ok-to be honest, I find whatever base is used for the bpal soaps to be a bit overpowering...not sure how to describe it, but it kind of overshadows the perfume of the soap. To me, the scent was a soft cider scent-very reminiscent of fall, but sadly, the scent was light to begin with, and faded after only a few uses. I do love the creamy, luxurious texture of the soaps, but after trying three of them (La Primavera [my favorite], L'Estate, and L'Autuno) I will probably have to find a home for L'Inverno with someone who will enjoy it more.

This soap was ok-to be honest, I find whatever base is used for the bpal soaps to be a bit overpowering...not sure how to describe it, but it kind of overshadows the perfume of the soap. To me, the scent was a soft cider scent-very reminiscent of fall, but sadly, the scent was light to begin with, and faded after only a few uses.

My experiance exactly :cry2:

The BPTP bath oils (the only other BPTP product I've tried) are of such fabulous quality that I had high hopes for this soap (included as a generous freebie in a swap package) :(