Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Glowing amber and citrus, labdanum, verbena, cedar, and oud.

Wet: Cedar. As soon as I opened the imp, before I even checked the notes, I knew cedar was in here. (Spoiler: I don't like cedar, so keep that in mind.)

Astringent lemon, with very prominent cedar.

Dry: The scent in general has softened up, but there's still a great deal of cedar going on. The astringent smell from earlier is gone(small victory!), and it has a distinct warmth from the amber now with a hint of lemon.

Not a scent for me, but if you enjoy cedar, this is worth checking out.

This is a really interesting synergy of the amber, citrus, and cedar. The amber gives it kind of a glowing feel, the cedar is woody and soothing, but the citrus keeps it astringent, rather than being "comfy" like some other amber/wood combos are (such as The Magician's Wand). Wood polished with a lemon-scented product, maybe. This is a blend to keep you alert! I like it, and I may wear it for class or something.

Edited by lady_pandora

In the imp: Ooo, this smells gorgeous! Not sharp or unpleasant as I feared!

Wet, on my wrist: WHOA, what the hell? This smells like...furniture polish. Cheap furniture polish, the kind that comes in a spray can. UGH.

Drydown: It's gotten more complex, and the (must be lemon) polish note is finally fading, but now it just smells like some sort of potpourri. No citrus whatsoever.

Completely dry: It's not unpleasant, but it smells vaguely peppery, with a faint generic 'potpourri' scent. Clearly not the scent for me.

Verdict: I'm so disappointed! The imp smelled so lovely, and my skin made a right hash of it. Maybe I'll try it in a scent locket?

This did a complete 180 for me--when the imp first arrived the amber was completely out of control and the scent was so powdery as to be totally unwearable. Revisited after several months, though, and all of a sudden it's a lovely, warm lemon. I don't think I'll put it into heavy rotation--it's nice but can get to be too much after a while, so a gentle touch is best--but it's . certainly miles better than what i thought it was when I first got it, and I can think of a few situations where I'd want to smell like it!

Lemonheads blast, cheerful, any abrasiveness fades after 5 minutes. I feel unexpectedly cheerful and bright. Flying directly into the face of the sun! For a second I'm like scented lemon candles oh no, but dusty sheer benzoin dry down for the rest of the wear, elegant and golden. Note: I love cedar, also. Super happy and invigorating vibes from the citrus (lemon!!!) N verbena, not necessarily something I'd wanna wear for other people, everyday moods, but for meditation, craft time, homework, ritual purposes.

Edited by Supertrooper Omni
Typos

In the imp: Sugared lemon with something woody after. 

On my skin:

Wet, it's all cedar. As it dries, the combination somehow converts to cedar and... mint?... on my skin. 

Eventually, the sugared lemon scent comes back as well (I'm guessing that's some combination of citrus, labdanum, and verbena), but now it's in addition to the cedar and mint. 

This is just not my idea of a good time. 

Got this one as a frimp. Sweet, Citrusy scent, slightly woody on me but not much. It didn’t have much throw for me and didn’t last too long on my skin.