Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
flyingpizza

Stimulating Sassafras Strengthener

Sassafras, vanilla extract, oak leaf, CO2 butter extract, and onycha.

Nom nom nom. Real authentic root beer and cream sodas! Refreshing! Delightful! A definite keeper for the warmer months to come!

:yum:

Wow, I really like this. I rarely ever drink soda, and have only had really good, natural root beer on a few occasions, but this strongly reminds me of that! But I don't really get "fizziness" out of this, its texture is actually buttery. From start to finish I get a very subtle butter not that is as much about "texture" as it is about actual scent, if you get what I'm saying. Mostly, though, it's warm sassafras sweetened with vanilla. It smells almost like it has leaves and twigs mixed up with it, there's a natural, woodsy, vaguely herbal quality to it. The sassafras is really at the center of this scent at first but later on the oak leaf gets oakier and leafier and more prominent. I really like it! My imp is a keeper for sure.

I prefer sweet foody scents and was hoping this would smell like a rootbeer float but for me it did not.

imp: rootbeer and oak

wet: soapy bitter rootbeer and oak, reminds me of a cologne my dad used to wear

dry: oak

In the bottle: Fresh rootbeer. Straight from a tap. Frothy and smooth.

Wet: A little bit bitter, comes on strong.

Dry: A sweet (but not too sweet!) and refreshing rootbeer float. Oh god, YUM. I had gotten an imp of this and only recently tested it. Wish I'd tried it a LONG time ago. This is AMAZING on me, and aside from 13 (October 13, 2007), I'm pretty sure this'll end up one of those tried-and-trues that I wear most often.

Not too sweet, creamy vanilla-y root beer with herbal overtones, yep. Reapplied in the late afternoon, the scent seemed a little more butch than it had in the morning.

This might be nice as a seasonal transition scent for those of us who tend to like the heavier resinous blends but want something a little more effervescent (heh!) for spring -- it's got a very faint hint of something incense-y from the onycha.

Sniffed in imp: Extremely pale yellow oil. Creamy, slightly foody root beer. Definitely get the vanilla, sassafras and some light butter. The oak leaf provides a tannic bitterness. This is pretty mentholic-medicinal, and also somewhat resiny.

Note: Some got on my finger accidentally, and it turned into the EVIL FAKE VANILLA OF DOOM.

Imp: Sassafras

Wet: Sweet sassafras and a slight paste note. Not quite rootbeer, but almost. A faint dirt note

Drydown: This has not become the rootbeer float that others speak of. :cry: I don't smell any creamy or vanilla notes. This reminds me of Earth Phoenix and Fire Phoenix mixed together.

Overall: I like this one. It is foody but not. It's familiar but not. It's a warming scent. I'll wear this in cooler weather. :D

This is a very fizzy, sweet scent. I thought at first it smelled like cotton candy in the imp, but I think it's actually root beer I'm smelling. On my hand the oak leaf grounds it a little; there's a slightly earthy edge to it, though I still smell a lot of sassafras and some vanilla. It's a strangely cool scent once it dries--it bites my nose a little like winter air. After a while and a couple of hand washes it's still hanging on as a slight, buttery sweetness. I'm not sure how often I'll wear it, but it's interesting.

Ooooh what an awewsome frimp from the lab! Thank you!

Yup...this is rootbeer at first, but a more sweet...yummy rootbeer. This is goooood stuff and one I wanted to try but never expected to like so much. The Sassafras calms down after about 20 mins and the vanilla goes POW! This is Tombstone Vanilla, this is..thick, yummy, make-you-want-to-eat-yourself vanilla.

The throw is really good, and the sweetness of it is gooooood! I'm not really sure what Ochnya (or however you spell it) is.

But I like this blend muchly!!! I want to slather lots. Must get a bottle.

:)

Sniffing the imp, I get root beer too.

Wet on the skin, fizzy root bear float. This is a spicy sweet blend.

I'm not sure if I want a bottle of it, but I do like my imp.

I often use rootbeer as a "blech" description with scents, but only because I don't think they were supposed to smell that way. This is supposed to be rootbeer, and I'm looking forward to it!

Imp: Quality rootbeer float. Viva Stewarts!

Wet: Creamy rootbeer with a touch of...something. Something nice, though. Makes it more perfume-like

Drydown and overall: Have you had the pleasure of going to a Stewart's stand? They have without question the BEST rootbeer floats. The rootbeer itself is sweet, fizzy, and bitey and the ice cream they have is rich and vanilla. An old school Stewart's stand only opens in the summer, and that's the kind that I usually end up going to. I've got a lot of great memories of getting rootbeer floats and cheeseburgers from those stands with my mom and godmother...That's what this scent does for me and it smells great to boot.

I love when pretty smells can give me a scent memory. Possible bottle if I'm feeling sassy on the next order

After a full day wear: This is actually a lot more cologne-like than I would have guessed. I still like it, but it definitely took on another tone after a couple hours on the skin. It's potent, too! Just a little dab will do, even for a slatherer like me.

Edited by CynicalPink

If Tombstone is real cowboys in the real Wild West, then this is little kids, *playing* cowboys, on a warm summer day in the back yard. It's such a happy scent...sweet rootbeer and vanilla bean ice cream. I'd been wanting to try this for awhile, and got an imp in the mail today. I was not disappointed! I'll have to get a 5ml of this, for sure :yum:

At first this is sweet, slightly plasticky vanilla on me. I have never smelled root beer, so I wouldn't know if this smells anything like that. It dries down to a warm and slightly spicy, almost woodsy vanilla. Nice.

Edited by Maia

Fizzy and sweet root beer to start. AS it dries, this is a sweet vanilla, almost too sweet. I don't get a plasticky vibe at all. Further into the drydown, the vanilla calms down and becomes a little more subtle. This is comforting and soft. I like it, it's soothing.

I want to eat my arm.

I never thought I'd find a match for the yummy root beer Love's Philosophy turns into on my skin..but I have! This is the most delicious root beer float. So good. It almost seems to share a note with my beloved Dorian, but I'm not sure what. Anyway, this is a short review cause I don't have much to say. Love love love, root beer (weird, cause I hate drinking root beer).

Out of 10: 10!

I was gifted a bottle of this *hugs bottle* and I love it so much!

It doesnt as much smell to me like pure tree sassafras as it does the beverage, which is fine by me because its stronger and sweeter.

Its quite energizing... it had me up and moving today as soon as it hit my nose, maybe it was mind-over-matter *shrugs* whatever the reason it is very awakening!

It has a quality on my skin that green tree viper does, a type of strange but very very good "powdery?" thing going on that I like a whole lot. I see myself using this quite a bit in the rest of the summer weather. :D

A yummy, sexy version of root beer and coca-cola. It almost approximates aged Snake Oil for me, as mine has that root beer-y, coke-y fizzy element. Definitely a bottle worthy scent for me! :)

Light, airy, powdery, sexy rootbeer, with a touch of lemon. Not foody at all.

I never thought rootbeer could be sexy, but this is exactly that. It's like a bottle of rootbeer sashayed up to me and winked.

Oh my!

One of my favorite scents is Tombstone, so I had to try this one out. I mean, sassafras and vanilla? Yum :wub2:

In the imp: Root beer. Bubbly root beer.

Wet on my arm, it's still root beer. As it dries down, it softens and turns vanilla-y on me. After about an hour, it goes from being straight root beer to being a combination of spicy sassafras and the vanilla note from Tombstone.

It lasts for awhile, but doesn't have a ton of throw, which I'm ok with.

I love this scent! It's unique, but in a wearable sort of way. Must.. have.. more...

I got this as a freebie from the lab.

In the imp: It smells like root beer & wintergreen

Wet: I think it smells like root beer with a pepto-bismol chaser.

Dry: The wintergreen fades, but the root beer lingers. Not awful, but I don't love it.

Rating: 2 (Use Up But Don't Replace (tradeable for something amazing))

Stimulating Sassafras Strengthener

In the Vial: Dusty, super prescription strength root beer!

Wet: Um, root beer.

Drydown: Vanilla. ROOT BEER.

Verdict: Sassafras, alas, is all root beer on me. It's not bad, but it's also not what I want in a perfume. This imp should go to a new home!

Wow, that'll wake you up in the morning! The stimulating part is right. This practically crackles and sparks in your nose and shakes you awake. I've never smelled anything so up-to-your-sinuses revitalizing. That said - I hate rootbeer. I know this makes me some kind of a freak but I never developed a taste for it, and as refreshing as this is, I don't much like the smell. Still, that's quite an experience!

Am frustrated that once again, my skin eats up all the vanilla. I've yet to try a blend containing vanilla where I could actually smell anything resembling vanilla. I just wind up smelling it in scents which doesn't have it listed as an ingredient, like Iago. I don't even know . . .

As everyone has said, it's rootbeer and vanilla, but somehow not entirely foody.. really really nice, and different. I have several imps of this, so I likely wont get a bottle, but I do love the blend :)

I'm didn't get root beer from this, just kind of a sharp greenish-plasticy vibe, sort of like Ochosi. (This is not a bad thing. I love Ochosi.) Must be the sassafras and oak leaf. After an hour or so it morphs into a light buttery vanilla that stays very close to my skin. Very nice!

This reminds me of a sassafras tea blend my mom used to buy when I was a kid. It was an herbal tea blend without sugar. Despite having some notes I am not to fond of in the mix, or should I say, notes that are not fond of me, I would buy a bottle of this. It perks me up. I am unsure if it is nostalgia or that it is "stimulating" as in the name, it makes my mood happy so it's definitely something I would buy in the future once the imp is done.

I don't get "root beer" from this, no sugar, more of a straight sassafras odor.

Edited by Madame Nyx