Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
HighTechRadiance

Donna Karan and DKNY scents

Cool! A Black Cashmere thread! I'm glad this thread has been ressurected!

I just discovered BC and I'm sad that it has been discontinued! :P

I don't recall anything in my BPAL collection that's similar. But the BPAL's I love that have either the spicy, woody and/or resinous thing going are:

-Snake Charmer

-Chimera

-Morocco

-Scherazade

-Mme. Moriarty

-Saw Scaled Viper

-Snake Oil

And I'm dying to try Priala! Sounds like she's all smoke and spice--yummy!

It's funny that I'm seeing this today...I just got an imp of The Antikythera Mechanism, tried it on, and was thinking that it had a depth reminiscent of BC on me. Not an exact match by any means, but they do have something in common.

First time poster, first time sniffer awaiting her first set of imps and forum purchase here, so pardon me while I stop lurking for a moment. :D

Anyway, I adore DKNY's Delicious Night, but I can't find my bottle for the life of me. Since most perfumes tend to be all alcohol on me, I'm hoping to find a way to approximate the scent using all BPAL scents. Its description, however, is really intimidating to me, especially since I'm new to the whole scent hoopla:

Delicious Night is a floriental “inspired by the sexy buzz of New York City at night”, and it has the notes to match: frozen pomelo, crushed ginger, chilled blackberry martini accord, purple freesia, night-blooming orchids, satin jasmine petals, purple iris, molten amber, incense, myrrh extract, patchouli and velvet vetiver.
[description found at nstperfume.com -- thanks, Google!]

I know there are a lot of vetiver scents alone, so are there any scents that one would recommend? I'm not averse to trying to blend anything, and if need be I can try to hunt down any retired LEs through the sale forums, so anything would help! Thanks in advance!

First time poster, first time sniffer awaiting her first set of imps and forum purchase here, so pardon me while I stop lurking for a moment. :D

Anyway, I adore DKNY's Delicious Night, but I can't find my bottle for the life of me. Since most perfumes tend to be all alcohol on me, I'm hoping to find a way to approximate the scent using all BPAL scents. Its description, however, is really intimidating to me, especially since I'm new to the whole scent hoopla:

Delicious Night is a floriental “inspired by the sexy buzz of New York City at night”, and it has the notes to match: frozen pomelo, crushed ginger, chilled blackberry martini accord, purple freesia, night-blooming orchids, satin jasmine petals, purple iris, molten amber, incense, myrrh extract, patchouli and velvet vetiver.
[description found at nstperfume.com -- thanks, Google!]

I know there are a lot of vetiver scents alone, so are there any scents that one would recommend? I'm not averse to trying to blend anything, and if need be I can try to hunt down any retired LEs through the sale forums, so anything would help! Thanks in advance!

To be honest. If you really love DKNYs perfume then spend your time and money hunting that perfume down. Although you may find BPALs in the same style of this or that you'll never completely replicate a scent by layering. Enjoy BPALs on their own merits.. ;) If you like florientals maybe try...

The Grindhouse

If you like perfumes which smell like frozen drinks then perhaps try...

The Hamptons

To be honest. If you really love DKNYs perfume then spend your time and money hunting that perfume down. Although you may find BPALs in the same style of this or that you'll never completely replicate a scent by layering. Enjoy BPALs on their own merits.. ;) If you like florientals maybe try...

The Grindhouse

If you like perfumes which smell like frozen drinks then perhaps try...

The Hamptons

Thanks! I never expected to be able to replicate the scent, but I wanted to try to find something similar as a jumping off point.

I've got some bids up on eBay right now on the perfume, but I'm going to try those suggestions of yours to see how I like them. Thanks for your help!

I wore Black Cashmere exclusively for years. (and then I discovered BPAL. But I still wear BC on occasion.)

My absolute favorite BPAL so far? Dee. Spicy incense and woods, and a hint of sweetness from the tonka. Heaven.

I agree with the Scherezade and Morocco and Sin recommendations -- in fact, I love to wear Scherezade layered with Sin. Snake Oil is also nice layered with Sin, or lovely just on its own. I guess I like layering Sin -- the sandalwood and patchouli -- with spicy scents that don't have a woody complement. (Which seems like a direct connection to the BC notes...) Sin on its own is slighly spicy as well.

I also like Bengal and Baghdad (spicy), Sri Lanka (incense and woods), and Fenris Wolf (woody). Limited Editions I love are Blood Moon and Red Phoenix.

And last but definitely not least, for a much darker, but deadly sexy feel, Hellfire. Incense and leather. Whew.

Have fun!

I loved Black Cashmere (my signature scent during my post-college "I'm really a grown-up now, honest!!" years :lol: and was heartbroken when it went DC. So glad I found this thread for some suggestions on BPAL with a similar feel.

I tried Scherezade layered with Sin as per the recommendation above and ohmigosh it was heavenly! :wub2: Sure, it's not an exact dupe but it certainly gave me that BC darkspicysexywoodsy feel without venturing too far into the sweet--and without causing a sneezing fit, which the BC used to do. Excellent suggestion!

Sign in to follow this