Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Lady_Ell

Morocco

The intoxicating perfume of exotic incenses wafting on warm desert breezes. Arabian spices wind through a blend of warm musk, carnation, red sandalwood and cassia.

:P This is Beautiful! Soft,creamy spices..Mmm-Mm-Mm....I could smell this all day,every day.This would smell great on anyone,oh my goodness,this would smell INCREDIBLE on a man! Edited by Shollin

So far, this is my favorite BPAL scent (Alice is a very close second).

I love the warmth, creaminess, and spiciness of it. It's like having your own personal ray od sunshine to wear.

The carnation in this is different that the carnation in Alice. It doesn't smell as flowery, here. It's been softened and mellowed by the other scents.

Lovely.

Ohhhh. :P

This smelled so good initially that I bought it after a sniff...but then when I got it home and tried it on by itself, it went all baby-powder.

It was hot vanilla and chai and musk...and then it all disappeared, leaving only a lingering odour of diapers. So sad! I guess I'll send this away, then...

edit: Tried it on the boy and it's absolutely delicious. He smells like a b'stilla. ::grins::

In summary: Skin chemistry is weird.

Edited by septima_pica

Wow!

I was a little wary of trying this because I remember someone comparing Morocco to Scherezade (which I like but which is too heavy for me to wear). I got Morocco as a frimp in my last order, though, and now I'm loving me some labbies!

Morocco is, as other reviewers have said, creamy spice, but there is something beautiful and comforting about this scent. Where Scherezade is the romanticized, exotic version of the East, Morocco is like one's fond memories of a home long ago. It's completely wearable, even for someone who doesn't do heavy scents (like me :D).

Soft, spicy, and gorgeous! Glad I got to try this one; it looks like a bottle is in my future :P

This scent is so sensual and delicious. I love that is is spicy and exotic but soft. I received a lot of compliments when I wore it. I even had a dream I went to Morocco after I went to bed with it on! This is a new favorite! :P

I got this as a frimp a few weeks ago. I wouldn't have ordered it myself, because I loathe carnation - or at least I thought I did. I didn't think I was that keen on musk, either. But I took one whiff of this in the imp and knew it was for me. It's like the smell of warm skin. The spice doesn't announce itself, but just adds to the aura of warmth. Although I like to think my tastes are unusual, I'm with the crowd on this one. It's one of my favorites.

This...is amazing. It's everything I wanted from a spicy and sweet scent: both notes balanced (well, it's a bit on the sweeter side, but I like that) and complimented each other well...without coming out like potpourri.

And I consider myself pleased. The spicyness doesn't really kick you in the face as Three Witches and Bengal do, even when wet; it mingles with the sweetness, subtle without losing its kick. I was rather worried about the carnation at first - flowers tend to go sour on me before they even hit my skin - but it works well here. And, it has a decent lasting power (though am not sure about the throw) - about 4 hours before I need to reapply.

This is definitely going to be one I'll be wearing often. Helloooo, bottle!

Still in the bottle, the sharp sweetness of the carnation and cassia mixes with the sandalwood for a light, sweet scent deepened with incense. It is rather traditionally perfume-y, yet sexy.

On the skin, the sweetness dies back, and the warm undertones spring up, musk and cassia and sandalwood . . . some other spices. There's a hint of vanilla here, and the floral note is just that – a note. It isn't overwhelming in the slightest. It is, in fact, quite pleasant, and while not as blatantly sexual a scent as Scherezade, it is nevertheless quite inviting.

Dry, it has a smoothly blended scent that is utterly distinctive, and very smooth. I suspect most of it is sandalwood and musk. Quite pleasant, and quite sexy.

My husband liked this one a lot.

Holy Shit this is good! Just freaking beautiful.

Perfectly spicy and sweet and smooth. I love what carnation does on my skin. I tried Kathmandu last night and this is incredibly reminescent for me -- probably because it's the only scent even remotely similar in my entire collection. Though unlike with Kathmandu, there is no bubblegummy lotus to suffer through before getting to the good stuff. It's right there from the beginning.

Morocco, you are beautiful and I love you. Thank you ever so much, Beth. You win!

In The Bottle Very stronly og incense, and almost a little boozy. Sweet and warm.

Wet On Skin Sweet and spicy, and not nearly as strong as I suspected. It smells almost foody, but don't ask me what food.

Dry Mmmm, I can smell the spicy carnation now, and the sandalwood. It smells so freakin good! Sweet and warming and sort of sexy. Totally yummy. I may need a bottle of this.

ETA: Unfortunately it was gone after a few hours, otherwise I'd be buying a bottle of this for sure! But I'd have to re-apply every few hours and it wouldn't be worth it for me.

Edited by Lizzie

I can't adequately describe this enchanting scent, so I'm not even going to try!

But I do want to say that I'm delighted to have finally found a somewhat incensey blend that I'm not allergic to. This is now going into my heat diffuser when I meditate! I can't tolerate real incense of any kind, and most perfume blends that contain incense resins swamp me in allergy symptoms. This one not only delights me but doesn't cause sneezing and wheezing fits.

Morrocco is just a beautiful scent. I am used to wearing very heavy scents so I thought this would be one of them - boy was I totally wrong!

In the vial and first wet on my skin, I get a beautiful warm sandalwood, a bit of spice and a bit of musk.

Drying down, this is just exotic! Carnation usually disagrees with me but not this time. This is warm, light and spicy - I was waiting for the cassia to hit but unfortunately I can't pick it out.

In conclusion, to sum it all up? this smells like Snake Oil Light but just a bit more sweet. I was wondering what I was going to do in the summer when my beloved Snake Oil was going to be too heavy - now I know. LOVE THIS!

A milky syrupy scent with a hint of spice. The sweetness is cloying to the extreme. I'm picking up some sandlewood, I think, and I think the floralness is rose or carnation, although I don't know what the latter is supposed to smell like.

This is sweet rose-flavored frosting with cinnamon and sandlewood.

I tend not to mind foody and spicy smells, but this is too pungent for me. It's like ODing on indian sweets - not healthy.

I wanted to like this one. Alas.

I have to say that this is the most wearable carnation blend that I've ever come across. I usually can't wear florals like jasmine, lily, or carnation, but the carnation note in this is so light and smooth. In fact, the whole scent is light and smooth with a little sweetness and a little creaminess. And best of all, the musk in this doesn't turn powdery on me like most musk does. Yay!

I do need to mention that it doesn't last very long and it doesn't have much throw. I would call it a skin scent that would probably be better suited for warmer months. However, I love how it smells so much that I'm willing to slather more on throughout the day. I'm definitely buying a big bottle ASAP.

Oh! And my boyfriend adores this as well. He said, "Mmmm.... creamy vanilla spices"

ETA: I took my big bottle of this and made it into a perfume spray and oh what a difference in staying power! In spray form it has amazing throw and lasts all day!

Edited by sensualreality

This goes back and forth between being spicy/foody and smoky/musky. It can't seem to decide! It reminds me of bengal, but bengal is sweeter, and this is more masculine.

I think it is one of those scents that I like on me, but I'd like it more on my husband.

Hmm.. I am suddenly craving pastries, and I'm pretty sure this is why....

Morocco was on my wishlist, but it wasn't high on my to-order list. When the labbies threw it in as a frimp in my last order, though, I was pretty excited. Then I smelled it.

This scent is utterly gorgeous. Every time I wear it I can't get the image of a desert sunset out of my head. Something about it calls to mind a deep, dark red. It's very dusky and dry. There's a subtle spice blending with an equally subtle sweetness. I can't figure out how to describe it other than like this.

Morocco has just enough throw to make people close by sniff and wonder, "What is that?" It lasts for several hours. It's extremely sexy yet subtle, making it absolutely perfect for me. On to the bottle wishlist it goes!

Lightly incensy and spicy. Sweet but not at all overpowering. This is a fantastic one if you are looking for something a little different, but don't like the heavy richness of most incensey blends.

Got this in a swap a few weeks ago. I tried it in the first flurry of dabbing myself all over with new smells and it really didn't wow me the way, say, Bengal did. So looking through my box of imps this morning, I thought, hmm, I'll give Morocco another go.

I really thought this one would be a definite winner on me, instead, I can hardly smell it in the imp and when on my skin, its just a bit, well, meh for lack of a better word :P . Its certainly not unpleasant and I don't recoil from it like I have from some oils I've tried. I can sort of smell a creamy spicyness, but I have to cram my wrist against my nose to do so, and I do get a bit of a soapy sort of smell underlying the creamyness.

So, Morocco is not unpleasant, but its nothing that makes me want to wear it again which is a shame as I thought it would be a winner along the lines of Sri Lanka or Bengal. I reckon someone else will like it more than me so its off to swaps.

In the morning I slathered Morocco on and this is how it went.

Wet: A wonderful creamy, spicy foral.

Dry: Creamy spicy floral musk--oh, yum!

Throughout the day (about eight hours): Morocco stayed true for me. The spiciness was never too spicy, the floral never too flowery, the musk never heavy nor the sweetness cloying. Earlier, someone described it as buttery--which it is--but not foody. How true.

This one is another that I bought imp unsniffed, and I don't regret it for a second!

This is definitely a warm and dry scent, and it's much less sweet than I expected. Instead, I get sandalwood and faint vanilla. Aside from that initial impression, however, that's all I get--the scent simply disappears on me. Alas!

this honey-sweet, golden scent completely envelopes you in a curl of incense smoke and a blend of exotic spices (saffron, cinnamon, a hint of pepper). for me, The Lion wasn’t strong enough, Three Witches was too strong, and this is just right. the warm musk mellows the spices perfectly. after ten minutes, it’s mostly sandalwood and gentle cinnamon. bottle, definitely.

In the bottle: Smoky florals. In desperation to be able to write something more than that, I sniffed at the imp for a long time, but nope, faint smoky florals is all I got here. Very nice smoky florals, though!

On me: When wet, a lot of smokiness. Something very deliciously warm and rich underneath the overlay of smokiness - it smells like cardamom and pistachio - actually, it smells like a heated-up rasmalai would (a dessert from... uh, Bengal, now I check. Weird). This is very nice indeed. Alas, it fades pretty quickly until it's almost as weak as Bengal was. Is this down to my nose, my wrist, or some note in both of these scents that kills the scents on contact with my skin chemistry?

Verdict: Another one to retry.

On retry: Yay, sticks around a bit better now, but still as tasty. A big bottle candidate.

Edited by storme

I had really high hopes for this one. It was more perfumey then I had expected and dried down to a light powder scent. It’s nice, but not for me.

I would never have tried this if I'd read the description first. I mean, it sounds like everything I dislike. Carnations? Bleah. Red sandalwood? Eh. Cassia? Ew.

Instead, I had no idea what was in it when I popped the cap and dabbed it on. WOW. It was subtle, sweetly spicy, with a warm vanilla undertone and an exceedingly complex blend of spices layered on top. I'm in love!

It's got amazing staying power - four hours later it's still going strong, and it smells great. :P

Fresh From The Imp: Sweet, almost vanilla?

Wet On My Flesh: About the same.

Drying Down: Smoky frankincense.

Hour To Integrate: It's reminding me of the drydown for Scherezade; sweet, sultry, and a little smoky.

End Of Day/Final Report: I already like Scherezade, so I don't need this one too.