Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Lady_Ell

Morocco

The intoxicating perfume of exotic incenses wafting on warm desert breezes. Arabian spices wind through a blend of warm musk, carnation, red sandalwood and cassia.

On this reminds of one of my teacher's from middle school and the way she used to smell every morning just before class started. Older vanilla, with cinnamon! I smell cinnamon and vanilla with something else I really can't identify. I am glad I ordered a bottle of this, I can't wait to see how it ages :D !

ADDED Sept. 2:

I hope I am not duplicating my review of this scent, so here goes:

Initially when I bought this, I smelled faint hints of vanilla and lots of Morrocan Spices...... ;) B) needless to say I was scared!!!

Then I convinced my self to give this some time to age and see what happens and Oh My GOODNESS....i am so glad that I did!!!!

Spicy, creamy vanilla! :) That's all I get....and its Wonderful!!!

A new love and favorite for sure!!!! :P :D

In the bottle: Pretty much colourless oil. Warm, soft, sweet, and lightly spiced. Carnation, cassia, amber, saffron, cardamom, vanilla. A faint woody note. It's like sweet, creamy chai - not spicy at all. Or like Alice, without the rose and bergamot.

Wet: Very light - definitely a slatherer. Carnation definitely jumps out first, and then the vaguely citrusy cardamom. This is creamy and warm, and very, very soft. Cassia and vanilla are faint and natural. Much more delicate and feminine than I had anticipated.

Dry: More floral - the carnation here is more like the dianthus, soft floral sort, not spicy. This is SUCH a creamy and comforting scent, I feel like it envelops me in cashmere. Faint hints of incense now, but cardamom reigns, with lighter cassia and saffron below. I'd guess golden amber, vanilla and saffron provide the creamy depth.

Later: This is a very stable oil - not a lot of morphing. I still think there is amber here, but it's not powdery. I do wish this had more throw - it's such a skin-hugger, and as is, smells very skin-like. The musk has emerged more noticeably and is very sexy and smooth, wrapping everything together seamlessly. Finally a bit of faint dry sandalwood.

Summary: Sweet, creamy, luxurious chai, but not foody. It's very soothing and perfectly balanced - not too sweet, spicy, or incense. Floral carnation, softly spicy cardamom, saffron and cassia (NOT cinnamon), sweet vanilla and benzoin and warm amber, sexy smooth musk, and dry, slightly cedar like sandalwood in the distance, adding extra warmth. It is warm and exotic and magically creamy. Low throw but good lasting power.

The sandalwood that emerges makes this a touch too dry for me (as it has a cedar-like tone) and this is just not my general style, but it's so gorgeous that I'd probably get a bottle otherwise. I absolutely understand why this is so popular, now!

This comes across as low and gentle, warm, smooth spices. They are layered over a subdued carnation and a red sandalwood. This is very evocative and beautiful. I find it to be just the right balance of creamy and spicy and it's very hypnotizing. I know this is a very popular blend and I can understand why.

Morocco is in my top 5.

I get soft sweet carnation and spice layered over a base of warm sandalwood. This is very easy to wear and it melds into the skin beautifully. It's a "pretty" scent but the spice and woods give it character and lend an air of the exotic.

And it gets softer and smoother with age.

Simply lovely. :P

Apparently I completely neglected to review this!

This was in the first imp pack I ever ordered, and I just bought a bottle because it turned out to be exactly the kind of warm spicy smell that I love, and the carnation gives it a lot of depth. I see why people think it's vanilla-ey, but it doesn't have quite the same sweet undertone that vanilla gives most of the scents I've tried. It doesn't have a whole lot of throw - it's the sort of thing I can slather and put in my hair, and not announce my presence from several feet away, but neither does my skin suck it up to the point that it's gone after a few minutes.

It's already very mellow and smooth, I can't imagine that aging would change it dramatically.

Edited by marared

I ordered an imp of it to try and was glad I did. This is actually one of the few scents I really love, but... it's really really light on me. I applied like 2 times on each wrist and 5 times at my throat area before I could smell something which only lasted like half an hour. And after an hour I had to keep jamming my wrist to my nose to smell it. I have the same problem with Scherezade too. :P

These 2 scents dont go overly sweet on my skin unlike Snake Oil and yet they dont stay as long as Snake Oil stays on me. Maybe it'll be stronger when it has aged? Roughly how long will that take? Or maybe I'll really have to get a 5ml bottle to apply more to get a decent strength from it.

In the vial: Warm spiced musk.

Wet: I get almost all spices, with a hint of carnation. I can't pick out the musk clearly, but there's definitely something mellowing the spices out.

Dry: I tested this a couple of times and got different results each time. The first time it was more musk than anything else, but there was lovely spice just underneath, along with an interesting sort of vanilla note. The last time I tested it, it was more spice than anything, but it was nice and rounded and quite mellow. I'm not entirely sure whether the difference is due to aging or to hormones, though. In any case, I get fairly light throw once this is dry.

Verdict: Although it's been changing a bit on me, I've liked how it smells each time, so I'm definitely keeping the imp. I think I'll love this once it's aged a bit longer, but I'll see how that goes.

Ah, sweet Morocco, you are a tease... why are you so aloof?

Morocco smells nice, i think. I can hardly smell it at all, and then it dissapears completely. Where did it go? Strange. I reapply, it's subtle to start, and then again, 'poof' it's gone without a trace.

Is my nose broken? Am i congested? Why does this one smell 'invisible' to me? :P

I asked my fiancé to smell me, and he says it smells great... in fact, it's his FAVOURITE Bpal on me so far. So i sniff myself again. Nothing there. I burry my face in my arm and inhale deeply. I think maybe i smell something, but it smells like it was applied 24 hrs ago and it's so faint i wonder if i'm just imagining it.

Will this one get stronger with age? Or is my nose unable to smell the notes in this? Morocco is to my nose, like a dog whistle is to my ears. I'll have to put this one aside and wait and see if it changes, or if my nose gets better.

Rating: Undecided... because in order to give it a rating, i need to be able to actually smell it first.

ETA: So i tried it again later, and i can smell it a bit this time, but it's still pretty faint. I can smell the carnation, and it's smooth warm and spicy... but not in a hot spicy way. This scent 'glows' and it's really lovely. It's comforting much in the way that Antique Lace is, but even gentler still. I'm going to keep aging it and see what happens.

4/5

Edited by AthenaRose

In The Bottle

Surprisingly soft spicey sandalwood

On Application

Really faint musk and spice

Dry Down

Gets more robust as it warms but isn't overpowering. Really surprising. Exotic, warm and hard to quantify. Nice.

Rating (0-5)

In the Bottle: Spicy warm musks!

On the Skin: Musks! Warm and sweet!

After a While: Musks! The sandalwood comes forward a bit, and the spice notes keep it interesting.

Verdict: Yum. Keeper. Seems like a softer version of my signature scent, Bulgari Omnia. Mmmm.

Caress Exotic Infusion - Morocco same SMELL, sans the vanilla and carnation. I am so happy.

I love this, it smells so comforting, warm and wonderful I'd review better but I can't believe I have a body wash and a BPAL perfume that match so well.

I got this as a frimp from a trade and was like "oookay if you say so", well tonight I finally got a chance to put it on and oh my god you could push me over with a feather with how shocked I am with this scent!

This is just the perfect blend of a creamy spice, in fact it reminds me of the Chai tea I make during the winter when my hubby and I need a little pick me up (hey now it does get kinda cold here in Phoenix ;D)

This is going on my need a big bottle list!

This is a wonderful scent. In the bottle it is rich and enchanting, spicy and truly lovely. On my skin it settles into a somewhat familiar scent I can't quite put my finger on. The carnation and musk really blend well together and the sandalwood peeks out every now and again. It may be a little reminiscent of Samsara by Guerlain. But I may be right out to lunch on that. Definitely a keeper.

In the vial: Spicy-sweet with a hint of musk.

Wet: Resins, including a particularly aromatic one (benzoin? smells like vanilla), woods, and something else. It's elusive, and I keep sniffing at it, trying to hit the right part of my nose with the scent.

Half an hour: Vanilla and musk with other warm sweet fragrances. Very pleasant.

Two hours: A little less vanilla now, and something that might be carnation. Still pleasant.

Three hours: Interestingly, it's not unlike "Leo 2007." It's less sweet, though, and more understated. I expected something more intense.

Six hours: Faintly warm and sweet, musk and something that's either carnation or resin, I can't tell which.

In Bottle - Oddly, I can barely smell a thing in the imp. A very, very faint spice and musk scent, but mostly, I smell zilch.

Wet on Skin, First Applied - The mystery continues, it is getting progressively stronger the longer it's on my skin. This smells like something very familiar to me; something very warm and exotic, but comfortable. I definitely can't place it. There is musk, I can tell that much, and definitely some spices, including cinnamon. I get little glimpses of carnation, and vanilla is hanging out near the wall, being shy. It's gorgeous.

Dry, on Skin - I cannot get over this scent. I thought I hated musk! I never would've guessed how much I enjoy carnation. Morocco is opening my eyes to a whole new olfactory world. I've been avoiding musk scents since I was a kid, when a few bad turns with some popular Coty musk derivative (I cannot recall what it was) from the drugstore made my some of my classmates stink like BO for about a year.

This is an incredibly well-blended scent, if I had no idea what the notes were supposed to be and I was asked to describe it, I'd have nothing to say except "gorgeous". Spices, non-BO musk, a powder-soft vanilla lurker, and breezes of carnation. This is just beautiful, I'd wear it all throughout the year, any time of the day or night.

in the imp: sandalwood.

wet on skin: sandalwood and something sweet- i'm thinking the musk? it's REALLY nice. :P

dry down: wow. this is GORgeous. the sandalwood has none of the usual bitterness. the musk adds a warm note, and there's also a sweet resinous element that i can't place but is just fantastic. :D

in all: sexy, mysterious, sultry. makes me proud to be part Arabic!

:D

I realized that I'm doing a lot of working through my collection to see what I want to keep and what I can purge. And while I'm doing so, I'm not doing reviews. Bad me. So, here I go, fixing that oversight.

Morocco!

I tried this once before because it is a favorite of a friend of mine. At the time, I got a weird metallic note out of the stuff. Don't know where that came from, but I'm hoping it doesn't happen again. Also, carnation and I are not usually friends, so I'm a little wary.

In the imp, there's a sharp "perfume" note which might be the carnation. Not sure. I don't really smell anything else.

But as soon as it touches my skin, I get a soft, spiced musk scent. I'd almost call it a vanilla, except it's not warm or round enough for that. It doesn't have much throw from the imp, either, but it's certainly speaking up on my skin. Fortunately--and a little weirdly--the carnation is playing nicely. Now and then I think I get a whiff of it, but it's not attempting to club me over the head as it usually does.

All in all, a pretty, soft scent and I can understand why it's so popular. I don't think I need a big bottle of this because it's not bowling me over, but I think I'll keep the imp.

Oh my God. How did I take so long to try this? CARNATION YUM. ME LIKE.

Opens with a super spicy carnation kick, dries down to increasing notes of red musk and dry sandalwood with a wee bit of vanilla and the carnation spice tarting it up. Voluptuous, rich. I'm not a vanilla fan but there's just so much else going on here it doesn't smell like confectionery.

I wore this to have some private time with the Mr, woke up the next day and could still clearly smell the red musk on my wrists. It was totally that sleazy-but-blush-inducingly-hawt "morning after" smell. Red musk is super sexy anyway, but this ... this pushed it over into borderline trashy in a way that I like.

Sing with me to They Might Be Giants:

I like carnation, I like Morocco

Oh I like carnation, I like Morocco

Not a lot that smells as good as Morocco

It's fragrant delight for any night.

Every kind of smell that's good is Morocco

Gotta love that musk and spice in Morocco

What a yummy treat to sniff that Morocco

Got my nose buried in my wrist.

Even Caterpillar's not so deep and sweet

(Jasmine really not your thing? Give Moroc' a little swing!)

Every kind of smell that's good is Morocco

Gotta love that musk and spice in Morocco

What a yummy treat to sniff that Morocco

Got my nose buried in my wrist.

Sob. I've tried Morocco a few times now and it just smells like...nothing. Well, maybe plastic, slightly sweet nothing. My skin + Morocco=EPIC FAIL. It sounds so gorgeous but something in it just completely cancels it out on me.

I was so disappointed in this one! I wanted to like it so very badly, as it was recommended as a "spicy" scent, which I've been dying for. Unfortunately, it just doesn't work on me. Wet, it smelled like a much less complex Bastet, without Bastet's oddly smoky undertone that I love so much. Dry, it smelled like a much less complex Bastet with a hint of wet paper towels. Yeah, I don't understand that either. :P

Morocco

A beautiful amber. Warmed up slowly, but once it came out, lingered. A hint of spice, sweet when I compared it to Brisingamen. No florals, but just pefectly simple on its own merit. Dry like the desert it suggests, warm without the slightest hint of powder...golden.

Oh, this has got to be the sexiest scent in the world! I want to bathe in this. Right before I discovered BPAL, I went on a new signature perfume search. I settled on Burberry for Women. I love Burberry for Women, but it has a chemical scent that I now know is common in all commercial, mainstream perfumes. To me, Morocco smells just like Burberry for Women without the chemical undertones. Spicey and musky, with a touch of warmth. Every time I wear this, I have to smack my husband around to keep him off of me.

In the Bottle

I can pick out the individual notes of musk, carnation and sandalwood but it also smells like there may be a touch of tonka in this blend too.

On My Skin

At this stage I’m getting a very dry musk with a bit of spice. A lot of reviews have used the word creamy, but I’m not getting that at all. This smells more like spices in a Market on a hot dry day in Morocco to me.

After a Bit

About 6 hours into the scent and it's still going strong. Now I'm getting the creamy spice scent that I keep reading so much about. It's blended beautifuly and not overwhelming at all.

Rating 1-5 (5 being the best)

Scent – 4 Throw – 3 Longevity – 4

Over all – 3.8

Final Thoughts

I'd like to pick up a bottle of this. It think it would be nice to wear year round and is very versatile. I could wear this to work, out to dinner, when I want a little pick me up or when I want to feel sexy. Morocco is wonderful.

In the imp, I get a soft, sweet floral.

Wet, I smell a light vanilla with spices (cardamom and cassia I think), and surprisingly, a touch of mint. This is so very, very faint on me. It practically disappears and I think my nose is broken.

Dry- Ok, I seem to be able to smell it again. About 30 minutes later it registers to my nose enough to analyze the scent components, but is still very faint. It has developed into a pretty, creamy floral, with some powdery amber evident. The mint and spices are gone.

Overall- It's not spectacular, but nice. It is very similar to Regan on me, but I can smell Regan better. Too faint to be used often, so sad because I wanted to love it.

This is extremely faint on me. I've had my nose practically glued to my wrists since I first put it on, and I can barely sniff out more than a faint hint of.... possibly vanilla? I'm not a slatherer by nature and ended up reapplying this several times in a desperate attempt to get some kind of scent out of it, but no such luck. Note to self: Light Perfume + All-Devouring Skin Chemistry = No Morocco.