Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
RosieP

Golden Priapus

Insatiable lust, unending vigor! A truly carnal, energetic men’s blend: vanilla and amber with juniper, rosewood and white pine.

imp: very sweet pine.

wet: this smells like a sweeter version of the snow storm. a light vanilla and tangy pine scent.

dry: the tiniest hint of amber and vanilla are keeping the pine company. i think i may get a bottle of this one for when my bottles of the snow storm run out.

even in the imp, and especially when on, i keep thinking "this one grows up to be bow and crown of conquest" same sort of scent but cleaner and lighter, probably due to the vanilla.

ETA: i don't really get "lust" from this, maybe because i like deeper, muskier scents for "lust". might be the vanilla on me though. still a nice scent that i will probably use

Edited by exilemoon5

On me, this smells like Pine Sol. Blech. I hardly get any vanilla -- it just smells like cleaning products.

On my husband, it smells a lot better. On him, the vanilla is much stronger and it balances out the pine and juniper quite well. It smells rather bracing on him, rather than astringent. It's got a nice woodsy aura with the vanilla sweetening it up a bit and taking the edge off. He says he doesn't like it as well as Tombstone, but he does like it.

In The Bottle

I get soft vanilla and amber as well as wafts of juniper and pine. More outdoorsy and fresh that I expected.

On Application

Pine and juniper with just a little vanilla

Dry Down

The pine starts to blend with the sweetness of the amber and vanilla early in the drydown to take off the sharper edge of the conifers. I find the combination of pine and vanilla a little strange. They seem to work against each other and not really in a good way, but as it warms the amber seems to act as an intermediary to settle this down to something more pleasant. I quite like the final effect.

Rating (0-5)

Wet, it smelled green...

Drying, I just couldn't place what it was I was smelling...I guess it is the blend of the juniper and the vanilla that is confusing my nose.

Amber, vanilla, juniper and pine...so far I haven't been able to pick out the rosewood. It's strong, and ...interesting? I can't make up my mind if like this or not.

Got this in a goodie bag from my Switch Witch...never would have thought to try it, since my immediate association was 'guy scent'. But I opened it up and went 'guy scent my a$$' and dabbed it on! I get all vanilla and amber, with a hint of the juniper to give it some tang. It smells absolutely yummers on me. A guy would have to pry it from my cold ded fingerses, he would.

On me, this is mostly pine, rounded out slightly by the other notes. It's not quite me, but I'd love to smell it on a guy. :P

Hmmm, like a mix of Dorian and Dracul without the spice. This is sweet vanilla evergreen trees, and very yummy. This is what tree-shaped Christmas sugar cookies should taste like, haha.

Since my fiancé wasn't too fond of Dorian and Dracul on himself, i'm pleased that he enjoys wearing this one. I could wear this one too, it's pretty nice on me as well.

4/5

mmm! golden priapus is a somewhat masculine o- the same glorious amber and vanilla with a touch of woodsy pine. white pine is like a lighter, softer pine than others i've smelled, and once it's on my skin, it's definitely not too manly for me to wear. in fact, the pine makes golden priapus more wearable for me- i adore o, but it's so gratuitously sexual that i never really wear it outside the house! this is lovely and a definite bottle purchase for me.

Edited by porcelina

A less sweet O--vanilla and a gloriously golden (aptly named, this one) amber. I can't pick out the rosewood and other notes specifically but there's a depth to this that O doesn't have (and perhaps I'm picking up a bit of pine after all). This is really gorgeous and a must if you like BPAL's vanillas.

This needs to be back on the first page . Make it so ensign !

In the bottle , it is very sweet indeed . Much sweeter than I would prefer , personally . However , once applied the vanilla is knocked back a bit by the other notes . Most noticeably the pine / juniper / woodsy notes . They all blend well together making this quite a hit on my skin . It almost is like a more laid back Snake Oil to me . Some of the same notes are there , just in a slightly different way . Not sure how " sexual " this one makes me feel . It does make me feel pretty comfortable in my own skin though , and that's a great thing all by itself .

On me this is a more masculine version of Snake Oil. I had trouble with SO because it was just too sweet for me. The juniper and pine in this cut the sweetness of the vanilla nicely. It does smell a little like a man's cologne so I'll probably keep the imp but I don't think this is a big bottle purchase for me.

This scent goes on smelling purely woodsy, and for a moment I'm tricked into thinking it's cedar I'm smelling, but it's actually pine. After it's dried down a few minutes, vanilla emerges. (This is almost exactly like Tombstone--which I love.)

After a while, the scent is distinctly piney, but the vanilla sticks with it. The vanilla and the pine are amping together, and they complement each other rather than fighting it out.

Over time, the scent quiets, but it stays true to form for a long, long time. Toward its end stages (by the end of the day), there is less pine and more vanilla--I expect that if I had long enough, it would eventually smell completely of vanilla and the pine would be gone, but that would take more than a day to happen.

I adore this scent! Tombstone has been my favorite to date, and this is as close as can be--with the cedar of the first replaced with a slightly more evergreen pine, which is a nice twist on the theme. Golden Priapus is destined to ascend to my top 10 list, I can tell. I love these "vanilla with an edge" scents.

In the vial: Warm, Golden, Sweet and Green.

Wet: Mostly pine. A teeny weeny bit of vanilla peeps in at the end.

Drydown: More warm vanilla emerges. The pine tones down but doesn't really disappear. Both vanilla and pine seems to be mingling quite nicely, neither are seeking attention. Then comes a soft powdery, woodsy smell that I both like and dislike. :/ Interesting.

Overall: Hmm, definitely not a bottle but I've mixed feelings about this imp. I'll let my boy give it a try before trying it again.

I am sad. I got this in a PIF package and given how people rant about it i thougt it would be worth a try.

In the bottle it is a nice pine and vanilla scent.

On my wrist it turned horrible. Is smells like that smell/taste you get after having one of your teeth drilled for dental work. I'm going to try it again next week just to make sure it isnt a period thing but if it continues to do this it's gonna go in the swap area.

ETA: i didnt wear it more than 5 mins it was just that bad.

10/16/9

I got around to trying it again. still not working. now it's that dental smell and baby powder. I think i'm going to have to put this in the no-go pile.

Edited by Sheyona

In the bottle: Piney and vanilla-y

Wet: Still piney and vanilla-y

Dry: I can smell the vanilla the most, but to some people's nose it smells like baby powder :blush:

But I really like it. Maybe I'll try again in a week or two.

This is a very nice evergreen blend, with a bit of warm vanilla peeking through. A little to masculine for me, but it's nice to see the pine not morphing into something foody (yes, pine does that to me!). Maybe the juniper is keeping it in check..This kind of reminds me of Christmas. n

Aged, this is more vanilla with a touch of pine. No so masculine anymore. I tried my aged imp and was so surprised and smitten, that I hunted down an aged bottle. It is a more vanilla Snake Oil when aged.

Edited by milo

Ooooooh, vanilla! That's what jumps out first, nice and sweet. Right behind it is the pine/juniper. It my be a man's blend, but it's really nice on me.

Oh how I love this! The perfect blend of sweet vanilla, sharp pine, and tangy juniper :) Reminds me of my uber-fave Luperci! Good throw. Cool and refreshing.

In vial: I get vanilla, amber, juniper and pine - definitely invigorating and surprisingly nice!

Wet on skin: the pine and juniper are bright and outdoorsy, softened by vanilla and a warm touch of amber.

Dry on skin: it settles into something quite masculine, but a girl could wear it. It makes me think of climbing mountains with the wind in my hair, and should probably be worn with walking boots!

Imp: Pine and something golden and bright

Wet: Pine and something golden and sweet

Drydown: I smell the pine first, but there is a sweet resiny vanilla mixed in. This is a great cold weather scent. It is very warming. This continues to drydown sweeter, but it's not overwhelming. It is amber and vanilla. The pine really fades after an hour or so to the point where it's hardly noticeable.

Overall: I don't find this to be a very masculine scent. I think that vanilla and amber lovers need to try this. It's really good. :lovestruck:

I bought it for my husband and absolutely adore the way it smells on him. :yum: I decided to test it on myself today and even on me it's lovely! Wet on my skin it's all juniper. As it starts to dry down, the amber turns golden sweet, but doesn't get powdery at all. The vanilla starts to warm, adding a comforting and delicious spice to the mix...the juniper is still there, but it moves into the background. This is gorgeous! I can't stop smelling my wrist. I don't get any rosewood or white pine. Hmmmm, the more I sniff my wrist, the more I think I might have to snag this from my husband's stash. :lol:

Sniffing the imp, I detect the vanilla, amber, and pine.

Applied wet to the skin, it's a creamy pine and juniper scent. Amber is subdued on my skin, which is unusual for amber and my skin's normal reaction with it. As it dries, it remains much the same, a lovely vanilla-juniper-pine blend. No amber even dry. I get more amber sniffing the imp than applying the oil to my skin.

Mmmmm. Up close and personal, it's pine. Big, manly, rugged pine. And then, as my wrist whisks away, it leave behind a tantalizing blend of spicy vanilla -- the pine's still there, but now it feels more like a blend of juniper and herbs, the same sort of sexiness that I love about Himerus.

To me, this is the male companion to Flowering Chrysanthemums. FC is all wet, dusky petals, and GP is a thick branch brimming with sap, and both of them are bathed in fragrant vanilla. That's hot.

Delicious.