Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
sookster

Down the Rabbit Hole Atmosphere Spray

Daisies and dirt with a hint of orange marmalade, dry leaves, and crunchy old sticks.

Me no likey. :huh?:

I only get dirt and grass, which smells great outdoors but in my house...not so much.

That's okay, right? More for you!

I thought I would like this more...it's just...well, too much of something. Something translates as honey to my nose (most likely a component in the marmalade I think) and I feel overwhelmed when I smell this. Maybe just too many things going on for me too handle...oh well. It's good, just not for me. :)

Summer in an atmosphere spray. Juicy, sticky orange with dirt and grass. Wow, do I ever love this!!

I think our car is going to get doused with this tomorrow too. Yummy :wub:

So, when I first read the description of this, I kinda hoped (mostly by reflex) that the twigs, leaves and dirt would be most prominent, with daisies and marmalade as supporting notes. That's just the kind of scent I like. Delicious earthy masculine goodness. I sprayed this, and it was the other way around- mosty what I assume is daisy and marmalade. I'm not even sure I can pick out the other notes- I just know they must be there because this isn't too sweet, fruity, or floral- they tone things down, that's all. But you know what? I love it! It's just so good and so pretty, it makes me stop thinking for a moment about leather and smoke. And honestly for an atmosphere spray that's probably for the best. I just think this conveys a very nice impression of open-windowed cleanliness-without-sterility. This is one I'd want people to smell when they walk into the house. I think it has decent potency, a little bit gentler than the only other atmo spray I've tried (Maj. Andre's Tree) which is also a good thing. Just very, very perfect. This was a frimp from the lab but I could see myself getting more next time I order from the Trading Post. :wub2:

Alright, so this is my very first review for anything on here... Bear with me please!

In the Bottle: Spicy dirt, as if I was rolling around crushed clove powder and cinnamon then decided to hop in wet dirt and loam! There is something floral there, as well a citrusy and leaves/woodsy lingering in the background. Subtle, but that's in the bottle!

Sprayed in the Air: Spicy Orange marmalade and dirt! The woods poke out more and seem to wheedle their way through the air in a surreal mix. Like I'm wandering through the woods after a rainy night with an empty jar of orange marmalade, there's something misty about it though I can't put my finger on it... The florals after about 5 minutes kick in, but it's like a down of them. They're not cloying which in my opinion is perfect! Though, the Lab's florals so far haven't induced any headaches with me! (Yay!) The scent lasts a long while in the air, in big areas to boot!

Sprayed on Fabric: Dirt, dirt and more spicy marmalade! I really love the smell of freshly rained upon Earth... It's comforting and somehow awe-inspiring. After 20 minutes, the Daisies and florals and woods come out and are perfectly balanced with the spicy sweet soil and that too lasts for well... Days!

I spray this on my pillows, blankets and in my bedroom just an hour before I and my man go to bed! When I close my eyes and try to sleep, I can definitely see myself tumbling Down the Rabbit Hole. I'm a huge sucker for Wonderland and I was quite worried when I bought this, thinking the florals would be too over powering, but they're not! It's perfect and whimsical! Definitely a keeper for me...

Edited by Valtiel

I. <<<LOVE>>>> THIS!!!! Oh! OH! It smells like...putting my face in the handiwork of a master gardener on a grand estate at the perfect time right after watering or a light rain, so that my feet aren't wet, but the flower bed IS, and when I go to smell the flowers, my face doesn't get wet EITHER, but the blooms are just PERFECT. Like...EXPENSIVE, hybrid daisys...like...the rich people that own the estate want their gardens to look kind of earthy, and they like the idea of the humble, innocent, fresh daisy, but need really GOOD smelling ones that are also BIG...like FANCY daisys...daisys in TECHNICOLOR. After a bit, I realize there is still a bit of sticky, slightly spicy marmalade on my hand from the tea we just had!

I don't even like orange scented things and I'm GAGA over this! It's not very orangy at all, really. Just a tink, but it gives GREAT lift to the whole composition and Wonderland experience.

YES, YES, YES! I can totally see the scene of Alice falling Down the Rabbit Hole, dress soiled, and after a bit, finds a jar of jam on the shelves that line the hole, sticks her dirty finger in, and takes a swipe. It's DELICIOUS and makes the house smell so fresh...like I actually had been working in a garden and brought a bit of the outside in.

how did i never review this?? anyway, i love this scent, it's bright and green and spring-y to me. smells like dirt with some bright, fresh picked wildflowers-very grassy and fresh. this scent is perfect for spring and summer.

I get a very pale, sweet orange and a wood note. Not much dirt or daisies. The orange reminds me of the one from Kunstkammer. This is a lot lighter than many of the Trading Posts Atmosphere sprays. It's pretty but I don't need a bottle of this. :)

This is FANTASTIC! Sweet and dirt-y and there's a hint of something more, like you're smelling tarts at the end of the rabbit hole.

I've never tried any of the atmo sprays before but I just received a sample of this in my last Trading Post order. It's quite pleasant! The orange is reminiscent of more commercial sprays, but it's a lot mellower and the grass and leaves definitely come through. I think I'll stick this one in the bathroom and see how often I end up using it.

Love this! Dirt is one of my fave bedtime scents. This is nicely sweetened by the marmalade and there's a hint of florals from the daisies. It reminds me vaguely of Yorick somehow.

I sprayed my pillows and pj's and am wearing Yorick to bed tonight and I'm a happy camper. Will be needing more of this!

I got this as a sample and I like it but my impression of it is kinda weird. I get a little dirt, then corn cobs (really!), and then something sweet I can't quite put my finger on. I'll keep checking on it since it's gotten a little spice to it after I let it sit for a little while but so far I like it. :)

I love this, the orange blossom is the main note I can pick out apart from the grass. The florals are definitely there, but it's in the background. I wish I could smell some of the dirt too, but this is lovely as it is.

Like other atmospheric sprays I've tried, it does stay around longer than a commercial spray does in my case. I tried Queens Croquet ground yesterday and I can still smell the 3 sprays on my stuffed cat. I would say 5 to 10 hours for just a couple sprays?  I may have to get a bottle of this if I can!

I kind of wish this was a perfume since it smells so good, I may have to try some more BPAL oils with orange blossom.