Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
sookster

Down the Rabbit Hole Atmosphere Spray

Daisies and dirt with a hint of orange marmalade, dry leaves, and crunchy old sticks.

Burst of perky daisies, then a light outdoorsy whiff, then it disappears. Daisies are an underappreciated flower, plus I want lots of dirt and sticks! I'd love it if it were 30x stronger.

A goblin squirt with an eBay win from Puddin...Zounds! Fresh dirt, grass, sunshine, flowers and sweet oranges, totally refreshing and down to earth. Loved it sprayed on my pillowcases. We never have enough spring in NE Texas...now I have a little squirt to give me spring fever. :wub2:

I can't tell if it's the dirt or the dry leaves, but I'm getting a very spicy-earthy scent from this one. There's a hint of something sweet and vaguely floral in there, but it's mostly got this unidentifiable (to me) bit of dirt+something interesting. I'm loving it, and keep spraying it over my bed before I go to sleep so my pillows smell of it.

first sniff: ew!

second sniff: marmalade, dirt and grass - sweet and quite pleasant. The BPAL dirt note smells like slimy, rotting vegetation to my nose, and that is here, but it soon gives way to something sweet, followed by a warm, woody note, which certainly doesn't smell of crunchy old sticks. It is lingering around the room in a comfortable, unobtrusive way.

Now something smells really good in here!

Dirt, grass and daisies. A lovely, fresh yet grounding scent. It's soft and not piercing in the slightest. My roommate loves this one, as well.

Sadly, all this smelled like on my pillow was sticks. Sticks and dirt. I didn't get marmalade or much grass. Just ... branches.

No daisies, just a bit of orange marmalade, but mostly dirt and leaves. It smells like a wet forest to me. I kinda like it :smile:

Oh my. This is instant love. :wub: I'm a fan of BPAL's dirt notes, but I think this could even appeal to someone who normally isn't. It's a sweet, gentle earth with dry leaves, brown grasses, tree bark (it smells dead on "outside") with a small jolt of buoyant orange that appears as kind of an afterthought. It smells both fresh and warm at the same time-- the homey food and grubby garden smells don't weigh it down or make it feel stale... the scent remains airy and bright.

This makes me feel like I'm living in a Hobbit hole or something. It's so real. I want to sleep in a bed that smells of Down the Rabbit Hole for the rest of my life. Get busy mixing up vats of this, Trading Post! :D

This smells so much like Singing Moon, it's creepy -- it's got that same kind of spring thaw vibe, all mud and twigs and the beginnings of plant growth. It's spring in a spray bottle! :)

My experiences with the room sprays has been amazing so far - they smell exactly as they are described. This is definitely the case with Down the Rabbit Hole - it's all earth, squished flowers and dusty vegetation. It's not something I'd use every day, but it's very, very evocative.

I've been wanting to try this since discovering I love the lab's dirt, and it did not disappoint.

I don't really get the flowers, to my nose this all earth, sticks and leaves with the slightest trace of greenery, like falling asleep in the woods, and just a bit of orange marmalade to brighten things up. It's lovely, even if it's not as strong as some of the other sprays.

I was hoping for a bit more orange (goblin of yuletide present is my HG room spray. Scratch that, it's my HG scent) but this works well as it is, a great outdoorsy scent, very soothing and versatile, I can see myself scenting the whole house with this without worries of offending anybody's sensibilities as sometimes can happen with too sweet or flowery scents.

Verdict: :thumbsup:

Wow! I was generously gifted a goblin squirt of this with my order of Desiccated Frostberry Pie Filling! I am so thankful! It smells INCREDIBLE.
It's got elements of a few of my favorite perfume oils. Dirt from Nosferatu, daisies from High-Strung Daisies.
I picture a Nosferatu-like vampire with a sunhat, apron, and gardening gloves on!
I will definitely get a full sized bottle of this once I get the funds.

I picture a Nosferatu-like vampire with a sunhat, apron, and gardening gloves on! :lol:

I absolutely LOVE this mental image---it's exactly the mental picture I get as well!

Seriously, if you don't have Down the Rabbit Hole and you like the Lab's dirt note, you need it. It was generously gifted to me by a fabulous forum friend who knows I love dirt and I could not be happier with it. It's like therapy for me---sunshiney happiness in a bottle. Trampled flowers, wet earth, and sweet tangy marmalade---a top 5 scent for me, most definitely. My car smells like it, my room smells like it... I wish I had this in perfume oil form, in shampoo, in conditioner, in lotion, in clothes detergent and shower gel. I love it that much.

I picked this up on my Dark Delicacies run and it was fantastic idea! Every note is present when you spray it, and I absolutely adore spritzing this on my pillows and curling up for a nap. Dirt and marmalade and daisies, it's so perfect together. I will never understand how BPAL hits the nail on the head so often. I really would love for this to be translated into a perfume oil, but for now I am content to spray it everywhere. I'm even taking this on vacation to scent up the room I'll be staying in.

Just wanted to edit to add that I took this on a cruise ship, and it was a godsend! We had a leaky pipe burst in the hallway, and the mildew smell was nauseating. My roommate and I sprayed this liberally throughout the room, before bed, in the morning...there is barely even a dent in the bottle and our room was the best smelling on the ship. I just ordered little goblin squirts of a lot of the other smells to give as gifts, but I think Down the Rabbit Hole will always have great memories for me since I took it on the best vacation of my life as well.

Edited by Sultaana

I got this as a freebie from an ebay purchase, and pretty quickly ran through the goblin squirt. I did not expect to like it, since my track record with the popular scents has been pretty bad, but man... I love this. It's definitely evocative of [what I remember of] spring, and the fresh, wet earth scent is fantastic. It's really what's lacking in most other "spring" scents. It doesn't make things smell dirty or dusty at all, but adds a relaxing earthy coolness I can't get enough of.

My only problem with this scent is that it does go slightly stale after a couple days, and smells just a bit more perfumey than I would like. It's almost, almost enough to talk myself out of a bottle purchase. But then I just spray a little more, and fall in love with the fantastic fresh scent, and start wondering if I can order this by the gallon.

Wow. And I don't even like marmalade or springtime scents.

This is just so cozy and realistic. I can practically smell twigs and dirt, but dirt-fearers don't fret, the dirt never overtakes the orange and sweet floral. I didn't even know daisies had a smell, let alone one so pleasant.

I'm giving this one a 5/5. :wub2:

This is one of the first few sprays I tried and I'm pleased at how evocative it is! Freshly dug earth, the green snap of bruised grass, and a complex swirl of brighter notes (which make me think of sunshine!) really bring the outdoors inside. Definitely a must try for fans of grass or dirt notes.

This came as a freebie from my BPTP item.

In bottle: fresh gardenia/jasmine with lots of fresh sweetness

On Wet (near stuff animal): still gets the gardenia/jasmine type smell with something sweet and fruity

Dry: I finally get the orange sweet smell that is suppose to be marmalade

It a really nice fresh room spray.

I can't believe I haven't reviewed this, or if I have, I totally forgot.

I really like the BPTP Atmospheric sprays, they all do disperse wonderfully and this 8 oz big spray I have is no exception. I think this takes all the unique things about why I like BPAL - complicated fragrances that surprise you with little touches of surprise all in an unassuming bottle that once you release it, blooms.

The scent is a sweet, loamy, deep soil-y dirt scent, like the gloriously moldery dirt of Penny Dreadful, without being as dead smelling as Graveyard Dirt. The marmalade note is very, very subtle, it peeks around the edges as a rindy citrus kiss, but the winning part of this is the dried leaves, crushed twigs part - it's woodsy, natural smelling, like crushed leaves. This smells like forest floor to me, in only the best way possible.

It is pretty much my 10/10 love spray, and I hope it never goes away. I still have so much of my original bottle left.

Try this if you love Penny Dreadful, Worm Moon, Graveyard Dirt, natural environmental ambience scents, Autumn Grove (2010) atmospheric spray.

I received a goblin squirt of this--maybe 1/3 or 1/4 full?--as a frimp from another forumite, tucked in with my purchase from their sales post. Having never tried any of the BPTP atmosphere sprays I was quite curious how I'd like it, as with some folks upthread I've never been a big fan of the super-fake-smelling "air freshening" sprays (even the "lighter" ones like Febreeze, etc.).

I was changing the bed linens today and decided--what the heck? I'll give this one a shot. I spritzed a quick bit over the dirty linens to see if I'd like the scent enough to sleep in it and, oh, my! It's lovely, unique, and did not give me a sneezing fit at first spray: I could pick up a spicy-sweetness (like a spiced marmalade, very nice!) and definitely the dirt & dry leaves notes right off the bat and decided that this was a scent both I and my husband could tolerate overnight.

I spritzed a bit over the mattress pad, then laid down the layers of flannel, waffle weave cotton blanket, and satin comforter. This stuff is surprisingly strong without being overpowering and I am typing merrily away surrounded by a gentle but definitely present cloud of sweet-spicy-earthy goodness.

Definitely worth picking up a bottle :yum:

This spray smells of happy!

Really. My mother expressed an interest in the room sprays, so I got this for her with my last order. She sprayed it in her hall bathroom and had me come and smell it. It seriously smells like she's got a garden in her bathroom, one that she just finished weeding. It is very much a dirt scent, but the citrus and florals make it bright. I want to say there was some movie I've seen that had animated flowers in it that jumped and danced as people passed by, because that's what I'm picturing when I smell this scent. It is not my favorite room spray as I prefer musky/incense/woodsy smells, but this is just so uplifting to me that I can't help but like it. I know I'm going to be sticking my nose in her bathroom to smell it every time I visit. :lol:

Definite marmalade, so sugary and bright it makes me want to slather some on toast and snaffle it right away. I've only got a goblin squirt of this one, but I'll be upgrading to a bottle as soon as I can. Gorgeous.

Reminds me of a fresher Graveyard Dirt, with less earth and more green. I don't get the daisy or marmalade out of this, but I do get a feeling of dirt, grass, leaves and sticks. If you like earthy scents, you'll love this one.

I love this!

I had a Goblin squirt of it and yesterday was big-cleaning-day.

Now, my apartment is Tiiiny and the pipes are old and leaky and it can get quite smelly in here, sadly, in an unspecified-not-good-smell.

So, I topped the cleaning off by emptying this darling on the curtains and towels of my bathroom and kitchen - and...wow.

I had to go take a shower straight after just to have a good excuse to sit around smelling it.

The dirt is so Clean - it really, truly smells of Outdoors and Happiness. Incredible.

There's nothing synthetic-smelling about it - it's just nature and wild and beautiful - how an air-freshener Should smell!

I will find a way to buy bottles (multiple) of this :wub2: