Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
sookster

Down the Rabbit Hole Atmosphere Spray

Either the well was very deep, or she fell very slowly, for she had plenty of time as she went down to look about her and to wonder what was going to happen next. First, she tried to look down and make out what she was coming to, but it was too dark to see anything; then she looked at the sides of the well, and noticed that they were filled with cupboards and book-shelves; here and there she saw maps and pictures hung upon pegs. She took down a jar from one of the shelves as she passed; it was labelled `ORANGE MARMALADE', but to her great disappointment it was empty: she did not like to drop the jar for fear of killing somebody, so managed to put it into one of the cupboards as she fell past it.

Daisies and dirt with a hint of orange marmalade, dry leaves, and crunchy old sticks.

This beauty is superbly earthy...yet the touch of marmalade sweetens this up nicely; then the dried
leaves whirl about...

Very long lasting. A masterpiece in the making :D

Down the Rabbit Hole was the room spray that I was initially most excited about, but then I kinda pushed it to the side while I fell madly in love with Dungeon. All of the throw pillows in our house have now been graced with a touch of BPTP linen spray.

Dungeon is a perfect, 10 out of 10, instant love for me, and when I managed to tear myself away from it, so is Down the Rabbit Hole. It's amazing me that fragrances that would smell awful on my skin smell so wonderful on my pillows. I'm kind of jealous.

This is a soft, clean scent without being soapy or reminiscent of dryer sheets at all (most 'clean' smells remind me of dryer sheets). The pillow that I sprayed with this smells like I took it outside after a spring rain and rolled it through a bed of daffodils. I half expect the pillow to have dewy flower petals, a few stray twigs, and rain soaked black dirt caked on to it. Perhaps the orange marmalade adds a hint of sweetness that makes this really smell like true spring flowers to my nose. There's nothing going 'off,' nothing smelling blatantly artificial.

It's a gorgeous scent (a perfect scent, really). I worried that it would be too earthy or dry, but it's just the right amount of all of its parts and it actually smells dewy and refreshing to me. While Dungeon is sexy goodness and probably too sexy to use all over my house, Down the Rabbit Hole is something that I want to spray all over our couches and curtains for our guests to enjoy. I love the lingering fragrance...

I thought that these were way too expensive at $40, but now that I've smelled them, I'd definitely pay that much for the quality and unique, evocative fragrances. I'm definitely getting a bottle of this and Dungeon. :P

My apartment is very, very small. And it can hold onto a smell like no other. It doesn't even have to be smells from my apartment (curse my bacon-cooking upstairs neighbor!). And since it's San Francisco it's sometimes so cold that opening a window to air it out isn't even possible. We rely on incense a lot but when you're shut into a tiny space the smoke can sometimes feel suffocating. And traditional room sprays smell like public restrooms to me. So I was over the moon about these atmosphere sprays and wanted Down the Rabbit Hole from the first.

I can't even say how thrilled I am with it. It's very powerful, so a little goes a very long way. It lasts a good couple of hours. I go around the apartment and put one spray here and there on curtains, the comforters, the living room rug, and fabric chairs just so it has something to cling to. And it actually smells real. Nothing fake at all. It's fresh and crisp...like being outside in an open space. And I can spray it without that moment of stinging assault when the usual room sprays bombard your nose with a cloud of sharp, thick scent.

The smells amazing and is beyond what I hoped it would be. It's sunny and tangy from the marmalade. Very citrusy and bright but with a little sweetness too. And then you notice all that fresh green earth. It reminds me of that soft black dirt that you plants flowers in. Sort of wet and alive. Something you could see earthworms poking out of. Absolutely perfect.

This afternoon, I took a dirt nap :P. I sprayed a bit on my pillow, and smelled the loveliest blend of fresh earth and orange. I LOVE this, and this will definitely be my next full-size room spray purchase.

I don't think any other room spray exists that smells of dirt, and that's what makes this so awesome. It has a really fresh-turned earth sort of vibe to it, but it's still fresh and sunny and summery because the marmalade and daisies brighten and sweeten this up. It's truly one that has to be experienced to understand just how cool it is.

As with the other sprays, a little goes a long way and the quality is more than worth it.

The orange marmalade in Down the Rabbit Hole can seem just a little overpowering and sharp in the spray bottle, but once it's out in the air the magic happens. The marmalade becomes sweet and bright and a touch tart, with a beautiful background of dry dirt and a bit of smooth green floral from the daisies. It's wonderfully rich and earthy but there's still something creamy and addicting within the sweetness of this scent that I just love. Like others have mentioned, this spray smells natural and embodies the outdoors very well, like you're in a garden kicking up soft soil and crunching through the debris. It just takes a couple of sprays to fill up the bedroom, and I can smell it for quite a while after (right after spraying the room I can usually pick up the scent more clearly than whatever perfume I'm wearing!)

Oranges, with a background of drier sheets! But the really good devine-smelling drier sheets, full of daisy-fresh scent. The orange is definitely more fruity and sweet, the marmalade, rather than the scent of fresh oranges. Very springie.

This is definitely how a "room freshener" SHOULD smell! Lasts well, too.

This might be a premature review but I'll edit with staying power. So this morning, I sprayed Down the Rabbit Hole on our bed linens, curtains in the bedroom, our couch and throw pillows. Just a few spritzes.

It wasn't overpowering but there was a noticeable difference. It smelled like flowers and earthy, and if I inhaled a little too deeply, then yes, I could smell the orange marmalade that brought on a little bit of sweetness.

My husband, who was in the bathroom, came out and sniffed and said "It smells like outside!"

Nothing short of a miracle when the downstairs neighbours are Indian and make curry every day, I swear!

I'm very excited to come home and see how its held up for the rest of the day. But even if it's very faint, I will think it a vast improvement over the usual waft of smell that greets us.

(Unfortunately, this might bode poorly for my wallet if I end up falling in love with all 4 scents, and Puddin' tells me there are more on the way. EEEE! :P )

I have used this in my house, my bedroom, my bed and my classroom. This baby can last against a roomful of sweaty teenaged boys! I love it. My students' reactions were mixed, although I swear it made the reading area quieter... :P

At first it is a bit strong, but mellows very nicely. It lasts through about half the day in the classroom, but lasts all day at home. I love it the most as a bedroom smell -- it is calming and comfortable to me. A "cool" scent that I wish came in perfume form as well.

I scented a couple cotton balls and hung them in my closet about a week ago and the smell is still a very nice, subtle undercurrent in that small space.

Down the Rabbit Hole is an amazing room fragrance. I smell the orange marmalade very distinctly, with the supporting notes of fresh, moist earth and spring flowers. The dirt note is not potting soil, but the way the earth smells after a light spring rain. It definitely freshened up the house and I'm so very pleased with my purchase! :P

FINALLY a room spray that is a winner with my fiance!

I don't usually spray them in the bedroom because he doesn't usually like any of them that much, but today I spritzed the pillows with Down the Rabbit Hole before taking a nap. When he came in to wake me up later, he said, "Did you spray something in here? Its smells earthy. I like earthy."

And I agree! Earth and marmalade, slightly spicy. I LOVE it. Unusual and oddly comforting.

A bottle purchase that I KNOW will go to good use in my household. :P

this is a really unique scent. it smells like real flowers and earth with a delicious hint of orangey sweetness... it was a surprise hit for me. i can see myself using it often and am considering purchasing more!

Oh, I love this. Love it. It smells like candied flowers and sunlight. :P I think this is my favorite of the four I've tried.

What a lovely fresh, clean (yes CLEAN) dirt/earth smell this has. With a touch of light flowers. Smells like being outside on one of the prettiest days of spring. And it's STRONG...I spritzed it once in my bathroom and that whole half of the apartment smells like freshly turned earth now. Love it.

I was lucky enough to get a Swap for a Goblin Squirt of this stuff and I am so happy with it! It smells like linens and light flowers and some grass. I love to spray my pillows with it and I get a nice whiff as a surprise when I go to bed at night. it is so pleasant and uplifting~

I can't wait to try the other atmosphere spray blends!

At first this smelled wonderful.....Orange marmalade with dirt and sticks. :D Then it went down hill from there.....The marmalade turned to sour oranges and got this weird alcoholic perfume smell. :P The dirt note stayed which was great, but the orange went all yucky. I am really glad I tried to use this as a car scent first. I hope someone will love this more than I can!

This was a gift from zankoku_zen, by way of Dark Alice--thank you both for conspiring for the lovely surprise! :P

This is an incredibly fresh dirt scent. I adore the bpal earth/dirt notes for how evocative they are, but wear them only occasionally. This is a wonderful way for me to get my bpal dirt fix while still wearing the perfumes that are more "me." It smells like the outdoors--fresh earth mostly, but hints of florals, grasses, twigs. I can't really pick out much marmalade, but I'm guessing it is what's responsible for the slight sweetness.

Love this!!

What really stands out for me in Down the Rabbit Hole is the dirt. I'd sniffed Graveyard Dirt just before smelling this, and while Graveyard Dirt is undeniably dirt, Down the Rabbit Hole is somehow dirt-ier. Maybe it's because Graveyard Dirt is purely dirt, whereas DtRH has those other notes that I associate with earth. DtRH is wet soil first and foremost, with the daisies and twigs playing back-up notes and making the dirt dirt-ier. But that's just me- my mother didn't notice the dirt note until I mentioned it. I guess even in atmospheric sprays we're not all smelling the same thing.

I was blessed with a goblin squirt of this!

Floral and wet dirt with a teeny hint of sweet sticky orange!! :P

I love my squirt but I'm not really into the dirt scents. I love the idea and the images that it evokes, however.

I was given this sample, thank you BPTP!

I don't know if it was because I subconciously think of the BPAL scent "Alice" when I see this spray or what, but I got something more akin to Alice than to the dirt and orange scent everyone else is getting. For me, it was a very bright, spring-time floral backed by a subtle sweetness and a crisp tea not (could that be the dirt that is smelling like tea to me? Odd but it must be!). It was very pretty but too feminine and floral for my personal tastes (I prefer a "huskier" room spray in my home). No doubt people will enjoy this one if they like something a little more spring like I think :)

I came back to redo/amend this review because, after 5 years, this is hands-down my favorite atmosphere spray. It is perfect-- everything I could want from this product.

I mainly apply these sprays to my bed linens, and this one is perfect on the pillow. I fall asleep in a cool, refreshing meadow. There is crisp grass, cooled by dark soil, beneath my head and the slightest, least offensive, hint of sweet orange jam at the periphery.

This blend really whetted my appetite for atmosphere sprays as a new bpaler. Since then I've collected several, and like this blend, they tend to be earthier/less sweet blends. That's what feels clean and refreshing to me. When I started bpalling I was a beginning graduate student. This blend helped me relax and sleep after many stressful nights in grad school. I would spray this on my pillow, lay back, and be transported to a calm, cool open space. I can't tell you how much I needed that some nights!

It doesnt get much better than that. I will forever love this spray and hope to never be out! :heart:

Edited by MCS4096

I get mostly the medium it’s in at first, but it emerges nicely into a loamy base with a light daisy floral with an orange tinge floating above. It’s not stunning, but it is quietly charming.

This spray is very light and fresh. I'm not getting much of an earthy base, but it smells very much like oranges and white blossoms (daisies!). Very cute room scent. It reminds me a lot of L'Estate spray without the amber.

Edited by thelaurenator

This is a hard one to describe, but it is very lovely. I don't get sticks or dirt, just a creamy, lovely fresh spring-like scent, but not overly floral. It kind of reminds me of how a childs room would smell, quite innocent. This reminds of one of the "pretty pony" scents, but in a good way.