Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
savage_rose

The Queen's Croquet Ground

Green grass and red roses.

I got a Squirt of this with a pair of yoga pants my honey gave me, and oh my, am I glad Puddin put this in there! This is a spray I never would have ordered on my own, but it's really nice -- it smells like a florist, like a bouquet of fresh-cut roses! Since my honey and I were celebrating our anniversary yesterday, I sprayed a bunch of this in the bedroom, and it lent the perfect aura of romance all night long. I think I'm gonna have to get a full bottle with my next Post order.

It's so weird; I love roses, but I don't get much rose out of this one (goblin squirt from the lab). I get much more of the greenery. In fact, I had it confused with Down the Rabbit Hole for a bit because I smelled so much "sticks" in it and no rose. It is pretty, though--I just wonder if I got a low-rose batch?

Instant love. Which is strange since rose is not my favourite of scents, but the flowers are sweet – like sugared petals. It's basically a rose garden in my bedroom. Great waft for a small spritz, too.

Really liked this one. Freshly mowed grass with rose bushes in the background. It smells like a garden in summer.

This is a perfect spring/summer scent. Fresh, dewy green grass combines with lush red roses. I love how long it lasts and a little squirt goes a really long way. Stunning!

I can rarely smell rose in the first place, but I can actually smell it as well as the grass in here, and I like it a lot. A great "yay warm seasons!" scent and worth grabbing at least a goblin squirt to try for yourself.

I wanted Rose Red to work on my skin, but it was so sharp that it gave me a headache. I prefer rose with resins or musk as a perfume, but I digress. This is just like Rose Red but the fresh vivid red rose is perfect for a room spray. There's also fresh cut grass and a bit of rich black soil. If I close my eyes I can picture myself in the Queen's rose garden. :heart:

I got a goblin squirt of The Queen's Croquet Ground in my ebay package and just tried it. OMG! This smells amazing. This is exactly how I want my rose garden to smell. I need to order a regular room spray asap!

~

Smells exactly as described: newly-mowed grass with some roses tossed in. I love this! It is so fresh and so realistic. And very spring-and-summery.

My rating: 5 stars

Wow.

I bought just a goblin squirt of this out of curiosity. I don't dislike rose, but it doesn't usually appeal to me as a perfume, and some rose scents can be to soapy for me. This however, is the scent of a fresh red rose. At first sniff, the velvety texture of a rose popped into my head immediately; the scent is so fresh and real it's kind of unbelievable. If you love roses and hate rose perfume, definitely give this one a shot. As it dries the greenery of a bouquet comes out.

Absolutely amazing!

I got this almost as an afterthought - though I often love roses in perfume, I rarely like floral room sprays (the Fainting Couch was emphatically not for me). I usually prefer spicy, warm scents but I've been looking for more Spring-like things.

I must not have read the reviews because I am a big fan of Rose Red & this does indeed smell a lot like it.

Lush red roses with just the right amount greenery for the win! :wub2:

Edited by alterosen

This is the equivalent of Rose Red to my nose...it's the best rose scent I have ever smelled in my life. It smells REAL. Truly. If I had the funds I would buy five 8 oz bottles of this amazing stuff. I cannot rave about it enough...and I'm not even a huge fan of rose scents to begin with. There IS a bit of grass in here, but just enough to give it a greenish edge/vibe. LOVE IT.

This smells gorgeous - fresh, lush, dark red roses surrounded by wet greenery. Yet another thing I need to buy full size from the Trading Post!

In bottle: Strongly rose dominant with soft grass support. It’s a pretty and individual sort of rose, but roses are not so much to my taste.

A fresh spring rose that is brightening my room and making it feel like April flowers!

Got a goblin squirt of this in a recent Post order.

Woah, roses!! It's a very intense rose, and while it's true to the actual flower, it's almost like an exaggerated representation of the real thing - like EXTRA rosy, to the point where it borders on fake (but not in a bad way!). The whole thing just smells like springtime. I get hints of raindrops in a flower garden.

Not really my thing, but glad I got to smell it! Might save this one for one of those days in spring when the windows are open for the first time and the house needs airing out.

Got this goblin squirt as a gift with purchase from another forum member. Fresh roses and grass...sounds horrible, but it is the freshest scent I have ever smelled. The lab's roses are amazing and not headache inducing like any other company I have tried and this one even inspired me to hunt down rose red from another forum member!

It's just so wonderfully rosy! I don't really get "grass" with this one- there's definitely a strong, sharp green note but it smells more like crushed stems and leaves than grass to me. And of course there's an absolute profusion of red roses. It's a really gorgeous scent and I agree with the others who've said it first- it smells as if my beloved Rose Red is moonlighting as an atmosphere spray. I've been using it on my bed linens and it's like drifting off to sleep in a sunny rose garden.

I'm going to have to keep a careful eye on this bottle because it's one that I absolutely do not want to run out of.

I really wanted Rose out of this, and I was disappointed that I couldn't smell it at all.

That being said, I was totally blown away by how realistically this smells like freshly cut grass. Amazing!

I'm not really sure how much I'll use it, maybe occasionally in the summer, but I totally appreciate this scent for what it is.

I received this as a Goblin squirt from the kind Goblins in a Post order and I'm glad I did because I love it but would have never thought to buy it otherwise. It does exactly what it says on the label: Smells like freshly cut grass and roses. I get the grass as the forefront and the rose following up fairly strong but definitely after. Sweet green grass and spring roses. This smells like a fresh air summer lawn with sunlight spilling over. The perfect setup for a game of croquet.

I received a sample-size freebie of this. I don't really use the atmo sprays but figured I'd try out the sample.

Squirted onto my fleece: I smell rose right away and greenery. It doesn't smell so much like lawn/grass to me, it's more sharp and vegetal. The initial burst of rose fades into the background pretty quickly, leaving much more green, but in a few minutes it resurfaces and the green and rose are more balanced.

I definitely see the comparison to the perfumes Rose Red and The Rose, but to me this is a different green note - it's not really that dewy, sappy green that those blends have. It's more sharp like crushed ivy leaves. I find that sharp green note a bit strong when sniffed close up, but this is nice as a "background" scent.

Edited by sunlitgarden

This isn't as chilly of a rose note to me as a Rose Red, but certainly is a fresh and pure red rose, with plenty of green. I wasn't sure how I would like rose as a room scent (though I adore it in perfume), but this is beautiful and not perfume-y. The green really balances it and puts in more in room scent territory rather than smelling like you sprayed everything with a floral perfume. It smells like a rose garden in your house!

Edited by roseus

Happy, happy sighs. I serendipitously received a goblin squirt of this in a recent BPAL community order, and I'm in love. I have problems with the Lab's rose notes going sour or rotten on my skin sometimes, which is a shame because I looove rose notes. I had to let Two, Five & Seven go after one too many wonky skin chem days, and this is very similar, but now I can sleep with it. ❤ It's also very reminiscent of my Rose Red hair gloss, but nowhere near as overwhelming. A beautiful rose scent with a hint of greenery. Will definitely upgrade to a full bottle from the Post at some point.

I got this as a freebie. Not a huge rose fan at all but this was just a beautiful smell.

With the first few squirts it smelled exactly like a set of fresh cut roses. It was just gorgeous. Most fragrances that contain rose tend to smell very "old lady" or too fake or cheap perfume like and this was just no where near that. I would recommend this to everyone, even those who strictly don't like roses. Its a nice change of pace and lasted all day on my clothes. I'd be comfortable whipping this scent out in any season. Reminds me of fresh, pure dew on a rose bush during an early summer morning.

10/10 coming from someone who usually views "rose" as a death note.