Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Tramp

Tiki King

Black coconut, black musk, lemon blossom, and ironwood bark.

In the bottle this is the most delicious coconut ever. Reminds me of the coconut in Snake Charmer and really is all I can smell. On the lemon really comes out and the coconut takes more of a back seat. It has much more of a dry, husk type feel to it. After about an hour the lemon mostly fades on me leaving a musky, dry coconut scent in its wake. It is more of subtle blend with not that much throw. Very nice!

TIKI KING

In Bottle: Dark resins and coconut

On Skin: Oh my god heaven! Here I thought Tiki Queen would be a “me” scent, but I like Tiki King on me even better!!! I am a total sucker for coconut and usually white coconut works on me best, but I think the mix of notes here fit the black coconut and make it divine on me. This scent is actually not that masculine at all, despite the name. It’s very deep and sweet with just a slice or tart lemon dashing through. The bark gives it a deep earthy note, and the black musk is freaking gorgeous. I want to rub this all over me… it’s like a very exotic suntan lotion scent. This has to be one of the most amazing BPAL scents I smelled in a long time. It is like the beach at night, sexy and inviting. I just want to curl up with this and smile. I think I will be needing more and this will be my “Go-To” summer scent. Strong throw and long wearlength.

In the bottle I can smell the dark coconut which makes me very happy. I love coconut and continue to search for the perfect coconut scent. I love beth's darker oil's and this is no exception. I kept smelling my wrist and could smell a woody note so wasn't surprised to see bark listed. But when I think of bark in this instance, I am thinking dark, wet bark with a mossy undertone to it. Very nice. After half an hour or so a little citrus comes out and lightly lingers, and then a spicy fragrance makes an appearance. This is just fabulous and sexy! I absolutely need another bottle or two. :P

Tiki King is deep and rich and tropical. It's unisex but it has a much lower pitch and a swarthy, musky quality that compliments the black coconut. While this is mostly black coconut and musk, there is a period of time where the lemon balm and bark cut through and add a somewhat earthy and buoyant edge to it. It's a nice counterbalance.

I found that this had a major, major strong throw and I barely used any to test it out. It left me with a heady, exotic, and tropical feeling. Mmm!

Bottle: Dark coconut

Wet: Dark coconut, musk and lemon. Very sexy and slightly foody, but not much.

Drydown: The lemon keeps this from being too dark for me, which I'm always afraid of.

I really like this, but I'm not sure it's bottle worthy.

3.0 outta 5

In bottle: Creamy coconut with hint of lemon. Smells a bit like suntan oil.

Wet: Coconut, lemon blossom, and wood. This is definitely lemon blossom and not straight up lemons.

Dry: The lemon is mostly gone. Now it is primarily coconut and wood.

Verdict: I do like it, but it fades super fast on me.

First Impression: Dusty coconut.

Dries down to: A few drops of lemon join the mix.

Additional Comments: I don't like this one as much as I'd hoped. I love coconut but this blend is a bit too dry for me and disappears much too quickly.

Lasted: 1 to 2 hours.

Rating: 2.5 out of 5.

Light coconut and LOTS of lemon. I must amp citrus like crazy, because in the imp, I got about equal amounts of coconut and lemon, but once applied to skin, it's all "helloooooooo LEMON! :P"

As it starts to dry, I do get the tinyest hint of musk, or what I think is musk. I'm not familiar with black musk as a note by itself, but there is a definite 'musky' note here so that's what I'm assuming it is. There is also something slightly spicy here, almost like ginger. I know that's not one of the notes, but that is what I'm getting.

I first sniffed this (but didn't test it) last week when I was sick and it totally nauseated me. Glad I waited until I was better to actually test it.

Verdict: I really love the strong lemon I'm getting from this. It doesn't have a ton of throw on me, but I suppose that's ok. It's very tart. I wish I got a little more coconut, but I really like what I do get from this blend. It seems to fade fairly quickly on my skin though, so I'm glad I just got a decant.

Edited by scarletgenesis

the only tiki scent i ordered.

opening the bottle and sniffing, it was almost orgasmic I loved it so much!

I put it on and it turned not-so-nice. I didn't have the note list on hand, and it smelled like it had vetiver in it. (Which was unusual because the few vetiver scents i CAN wear, are harsher wet and nicer in the drydown.)

I may try it again. I may try it in a scent locket or diffuser. But I'm afraid this one is a disappointment for me... :P

In bottle/Wet: This is teasing me. It smells like something from my childhood, but I can't remember exactly what.

On skin: Woody with something faintly sour in the background. Eek. This doesn't bode well.

Drydown: Sigh. Didn't improve much. The woodiness was obviously the ironwood bark, but to my nose it was more like pencil shavings. That sourness just never went away. Definitely not a winner for me.

(My chemistry could be even wonkier than usual because I've still got remnants of anaesthesia in my system - YMMV)

When I put this on yesterday it was heavy on the lemon with a light whiff of coconut in the background, and yes, it was suntan lotion coconut. Today there's less lemon but the coconut is still light and the scent does not last very long at all. I was so hoping for a black coconut orgy with this one, but it's weak and just not my thing. I'd rather go to Death Adder for my coconut needs.

Ooooh. This is some sexay coconut here, folks. It's like Obatala got together with something dark and feral and added a splash of lemon spritzer. This is as dark as scent can get and still sparkle.

At first: I get a very faint scent out of the bottle. I can smell a bit of very soft black musk and some sweet flower.

On: Wow! This is lovely. This is a smooth black musk with a very sweet, powdery lemon scent that reminds me of the lemon-scented doll I had from Strawberry Shortcake when I was young.

1 hour later: Amazing! I usually don't get along with "blossom" scents, but this is awesome. The coconut has come out and this is a lovely blend of coconut and sweet lemon, with a base of black musk.

2 hours later: Mostly smooth black musk and a bit of coconut. Lovely.

3 hours later: The lemon is coming out more now. I love this.

Overall: Smooth, musky, lemony, slightly powdery coconut. I can't even explain how much I love this one.

I get a lot of woody scent from Tiki King. Before reading the notes I kept asking myself if I was smelling sandalwood or cedar. The woods linger and the coconut is an after note with my chemistry. I like this one as I love earthy/woody scents. This is not so much of earth as of trees. Glad I got a bottle, but I won't reach for this every day.

Decant.

In the imp: furniture polish.

Wet: Improves considerably. Vetiver is not listed as a note, but this has a "men's cologne" air at first. I can definitely smell the coconut and lemon duking it out.

Drydown: this settles down and blends well. I can smell the coconut, lemon, and woody note together and the musk ties it all together.

Very nice, though I don't think I need a bottle of this.

The sexy male counterpart to Red Lantern. Spicy coconut...although it seems fairly unisex to me. Strong enough for a man, but Tiki-balanced for a woman.

In bottle/imp: Woody, dry, musky coconut.

Immediately on skin: This is strong on the coconut, musk, and bark, but I don’t get a lot of lemon blossom. It’s a nice combo of coconut, musk, and wood that smells exactly like you would expect. It’s not too sweet but is rather dry. Actually, after just a minute on my skin, the smooth lemon blossom comes out. It’s not sharp citrus, but instead a smooth floral lemon that brings a juiciness to the scent.

After a little while: The only change in this as I wear it is that the notes seem to blend and merge together even more. This is a dry, musky coconut scent with a background of faint, smooth lemon blossom. The lemon lightens the blend a little, since it’s such a grounded blend to begin with.

Overall Impressions: This is a fabulous musky dark coconut scent. The combo of coconut, black musk and bark give this an earthy, grounded feel, but the hint of lemon blossom (which isn’t a sharp note at all but very smooth) lifts it up a bit, keeping it from being too heavy of a blend. This is definitely unisex and could be easily worn by a woman or man.

Mmmmmmmm ... dark musk and coconut rounded out with heady lemon zest and wood. Lovely in the bottle and wet. Drydown goes all suntan lotion on me, though. Nice as an imp, but wouldn't buy a bottle.

I adore this. It started out super-lemony and I was afraid but quickly the coconut and muskiness came out and only a hint of lemon stayed. It smells like warm skin sitting in the sun with a tropical drink and some lemon juice in your hair. :P

straight sniff from imp is the most delicious lemon and fresh coconut i have

ever experienced... :P

once applied a musky, lemony, coconut....superb!!

this is a total winner for me and a definite big bottle purchase...

it's a summertime smile in a bottle!!!

In the bottle: Lemon (it's a little cleanerish), dark, almost incensey musk (or maybe that's the bark?), and a faintly sweet touch of coconut.

Wet: Coconut most strongly on my skin! Then musk, then lemon - a strange reversal of note prominence! It's smoother and more blended.

Dry: The lemon perks back up, but it's a fresher, true lemon, not cleanerish. It doesn't smell like blossoms to me, but like freshly squeezed juice. The coconut is natural, creamy and a little foody, but not very sweet or overly strong. The musk is dark and sexy and mingles well. I find it harder to detect the bark note, but it's sort of dusty and dry.

Summary: Fresh lemon juice, dark musk and dusty bark, and creamy, warm coconut. A unisex scent that would probably work optimally on a man. Low throw, decent lasting power.

It's not feminine enough for me and I don't like the almost incensey bark note, but it is a well blended scent.

Strangely enough, I don't get much coconut here... Dare I say I don't smell it at all? Maybe my nose has selective smell.

The dark musk and lemon blossom are dominant. It reminds me of Haunted with an extra charge of lemon and something dusty and vintage (guessing this is the ironwood bark).

Almost 30 min later and still no coconut. Although it's a nice scent, I much prefer Haunted. Sorry Tiki King!

I've been wanting to review this since the instant I twisted open the cap, but life gets crazy sometimes. This is the coconut scent I've been waiting for! :P

Thick, oozing coconut lava flowing over my skin. Syrupy lemon rain drops splash down. Sweet wood sticks beat a sensual musky drum. Heaven!

In the bottle: I smell the coconut and woods--it's quite strong and my impression is a dark, maculine scent. It fits the name perfectly.

Wet, on skin: I smell mostly the dark coconut and woods, still. I can pick out s touch of the florals, but I'm not sure I'm picking out the musk. Unless it's whatever is amping up the woods, which are really coming through.

Dry, on skin: This smells a LOT like Frederic to me. I smell a little of the sweetness of the coconut and the florals, but mostly the ironwood bark. It almost smells like patchouli on me. It's just not quite working with my chemistry, I'm afraid.

One day left to order this, lucky me to have gotten the decants today. So my impression for those still wondering whether to buy-

This is Dorian if he went on expedition to Polynesia and found his butch side.

REALLY nice. More directly masculine than Dorian. Less urbane, more sensual.

Lemon and Coconut are two notes that can amp WAY up. This has a laid back Coconut and the Lemon is quite pleasant.

Edited by Heavenlyrabbit