Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Papaya, blueberry, lemongrass, and gin.

PEZ!!! Mellowing down into a resinous (juniperus, specifically) fruitiness. Truly evocative of a gin-soaked fruity cocktail. Youthful and fun with a twist of boozy maturity. Yum.

Sharp, tart blueberries--the gin is definitely there, giving it a hint of juniper, but the whole thing is melding pretty well. Lots of throw. I wish there were a few more blueberries and a touch less gin--then I would absolutely love it. Makes a good summer scent, though--bright and fizzy.

The boyfriend: "Smells like...potpourri. Or Christmas. And pine cones."

In the Imp - Blueberry liquor, something that I would want to drink and drink because it smells soooo good!!

MMMMmmmmmm on me it smells divine. Lemon goodness!!

If I close my eye's I'm lying on a boat drifting on the Carribbean waters!

In the bottle, this is blueberry and papaya. On my skin, this is... blueberry and gin. Oh, great. And the gin's dominating. Urgh.

Wet, very tart blueberries and gin.

I have a tendency to amp lemongrass, and unfortunately my skin begins doing that as soon as I apply and as it dries the lemongrass sort of takes over.

The blueberry note is very realistic, and overall this is a very bright and tart blend. I don't mind the gin note, as it tends to strike my nose as lighter somehow than a lot of the other alcohol notes. If your skin can handle lemongrass and you're looking for a blueberry-heavy blend, this might be it. I'm going to stick to my lemongrass-free Blue Phoenix though. :)

(this is my review of the gc version of this scent, my original review is here.)

imp: very sweet and fruity, not exactly papaya though.

wet: very fizzy soda with a tropical fruit feel. not getting much specific fruit though.

dry: this doesn't smell like gin at all, my sweeter and less crisp. the fruit is a hint, nice and subdued.

Wow, it smells SO blue!!

Smells like a fizzy blueberry/pineapple mix on me, and VERY sweet - can totally understand the PEZ references. I did get a headache about an hour after applying but that may or may not be Blue Fire related.

Not sure if this is a keeper for me yet but I'll try it a few more times before deciding. Definitely an interesting scent.

:)

Mel

2010 GC Release

The moment that I applied the oil, the gin pretty much slapped me in the face and that's not a scent that I like. While the intensity of it seemed to fade a bit during its wear, none of the other notes in this blend came out at all. :( I'm a sad panda because I was hoping they would ultimately over power the gin. :(

GC Version

If nothing else, the Luau Lounge series has taught me that I like gin! Well, the smell of it, anyway. Blue Fire is heavily gin; I like it. It's also very fruity. It smells blue! It goes sour as it dries, although the gin valiantly tries to save it. Poor gin, it fails.

Edited by karen

(GC Version)

Smells like papaya and gin in the imp. On me, I get a big whiff of the blueberry, too. It's kinda like a fruity version of Bathtub Gin. It's not too syrupy sweet, but it's nice. :D

GC Version

In Imp: Blueberry, with a boozy zing. There's lemongrass there as well, I think, adding to the tart freshness. Cool and refreshing as a tall drink of ice water on a summer's day.

Wet: Now more lemongrass and what I presume to be the papaya, layered on the gin. This is one snappy, clean scent! I want to drink it, but thankfully, I have the self-control not to do so.

Dry: Reminds quite a bit of my other favorite from this set, Polynesian Pop. The lemongrass gives it a pop that the ginger lends to PP, and they both lean on a citrusy fruit to sweeten them up. On me as it dries this is almost pure lemongrass and gin, with just a little blueberry and almost no papaya to be found, but all of that is a okay with me. Sweet and sparkling fresh, a perfect summer scent.

Edited by Whisperstilled

Whoa, boozy blueberries! This is amazing, I really love it. I agree with Whisperstilled that this has the same fizzy, juicy kick that Polynesian Pop has, it's just blueberries instead! Overall I prefer the long wear of PP since the blueberry disappears pretty quickly with this blend.

This is effervescent. Not really of course, but it smells like a drink made of Sprite soda and fruit salad popping right under my nose. The gin adds a nice additional brightness. A very happy scent.

Bright and fizzy tropical fruit punch with a shot of gin. It's even fizzier freshly applied to the skin. Is the fruit ever tart in this! It stimulates my taste glands like a kiwi would. I could see this one being very nice in the summer.

At first, this is effervescent blueberry gin, with a touch of tartness. For some reason, I'm getting coconut here. Maybe it's the papaya? After a bit, the fizziness fades, but it is still tart blueberry gin with a bit of coconut. I REALLY want a drink of this, it smells like it would taste so very yummy. A couple of hours in, and now I'm getting plastic coconut. So boo hoo there, but I really enjoy it until it hits the plastic phase, and this is a really nice taste of summer in the middle of winter here. I certainly will enjoy the imp, and search out a recipe for Blue Fire, the drink!

Soft and blue with the fizziness associated with gin. To me, it's like a blue version of Velvet pink Kitty but with more of a blue feel then Velvet pink kitty. It would be absolutely perfect for spring and the summer time. I'm glad to have tried it (GC Version) Soft blueberry tinged gin with the fruitiness of the papaya coming up. Bottle worthy.

The boozy sweetness of this scent makes me so happy. I love the lightness of the lemongrass, too - it really lifts the sweet fruits to a whole new level.

in the imp: sinus-clearing evergreenery. whoa juniper

wet on skin: mmm...turns juicy!

initial drydown: smells like a creamy smoothie. i don't smell any of the ingredients individually, it just comes together nicely.

late drydown: same, but lighter. pretty faint, actually.

Edited by ModderRhu

Another frimp! Yay!

In the imp, this smells to me like boozy fruit punch, no specific fruit to be picked out except another impression of coconut, which isn't a listed note, but I still smell it.

Wet, woah! Great googledy moogledy. GIN. Why must I always amp booze notes to obnoxious proportions? Now it's like gin and fruit punch PEZ.

Dry down, it doesn't get much better for me. It comes out sour, and aggressively boozey. My husband says it smells like I spilled a tropical cocktail on myself, and I have to agree. While I might actually enjoy drinking something that smells like this, I don't enjoy smelling like a drink.

I was giften an imp of this by a friend, who found it wasn't for her.

In the imp: Fruity and boozy

On: The gin goes off on me, making the fruitiness smell rotten. Occasionally, I get a "straight" whiff, including the coconut note some others seem to have noticed, and I kinda like it... but then I put my nose closer to my wrist, and there the wrongness is again.

Sadly, the gin is what stays the longest of all the notes in this. I really can't say I like it. Off to the swap box.

I got a frimp of this in an order Husband placed for me for Christmas. I've tried it once and have been hoarding it for warmer times.

My first thoughts were zingy zing! BLUEBERRY!! I don't usually like fruit, but either the gin or lemongrass makes this work. What I would love to do with this is make a cooling body mist and stick it in the fridge to use on hot sticky Southern summer days. Very refreshing!!

I hope to update this review after using this scent in the summer.

Super fizzy in the imp, like a gin and tonic. On skin, there's a playful blueberry that isn't artificial because lemongrass is making it bright. There is a bit of lime in this, or maybe that is how my nose interprets lemongrass. It's like a fizzy lemongrass limeade with a splash of blueberry simple syrup and gin. I really like this for Summer. :D

Edited by mxtine