Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Papaya, blueberry, lemongrass, and gin.

The lomongrass and gin keep this from being too syrupy and sweet. The blueberry reminds me of bubblicious blueberry flavor and the papaya gives this a more natural and sweet sort of tone. there's a light gingery top note here giving it a nice duality, not too sweet, not too "bright".

Bottle: Blueberry and lemongrass

Wet: Blueberry and lemongrass with a boozy zing that screams grown-up!

Drydown: Very fruity and boozy, love the lemongrass note. I might need a second bottle, cause my husband loves it!

3.5 outta 5

bottle: a fizzy blueberry booze drink with lots of lemon-lime soda.

wet: i can smell every note here. this is fresh blueberry and papaya with gin and a twist of lemon.

dry: the blueberry fades a bit but it's still blueberry syrup in gin with a generous splash of lemon-lime soda. nice.

I told myself I could throw one Luau bottle in with my last order, and I picked this. I love blueberry, but I fully expected this to go plastic or sour or fade into nothing like most berries do on me.

I was ever so happily mistaken!

Tart blueberry and gin, yum! It's almost like blueberry bubblicious, but sour and a little alcoholic. Love it, love it, love it!! It's going into heavy summer rotation, right next to Aizen-Myoo. It lasts several hours, and doesn't really change at all. I'm seriously thinking about a second bottle so I can make some scented body spritzers and lotions for the hot months ahead. :P

Blue Fire is my first Tiki scent to try. I am so drawn to blueberry! This is very fruity in the imp, berries with a zingy lemony kick. on my skin the blueberries are still there....lemon fades a bit, and there is a fizzyness behind it all that makes it feel fresh and clean. Alright, this is like a blueberry Hamptons. I feel festive and tropical and yes, I'll take that drink right there with the blue umbrella, thanks. This works really well with my skin that turns everything to vanilla. I want to wear this all summer. I get no alchohol notes whatsoever.

If I liked the smell of gin, this would have been perfect. It smells like blueberry gin. Unfortunately, the smell of gin makes me utterly nauseous (Twenty-One is possibly the nastiest thing I have ever smelled-- no offense to the labbies, of course, it's just the way my nose works) so once it starts to push its way through the blueberries, it's time for me to go scrub my wrist. :P

--M

*sits at the Lounge Bar pondering this exotic concoction*

Blue Fire starts out sweet and fizzy--it has to be the combination of papaya and blueberry with gin, although I don't remember Twenty-One being this effervescent. Then the lemongrass peeks out, and I find it an odd addition; it doesn't cut the sweetness at all, it just exists near it, as though I had caught a whiff of the grass hut in which the Tiki Bar sits while enjoying my fruity drink. Not bad, but a bit odd.

In the bottle: fresh, cool, blueberries

On: lighter blueberries with a zing of lemon. On me, the gin is an undernote, and is not overpowering at all. I do smell a touch of papaya but it is more of the rind than the fruit. It doesn't seem to last very long on me and I did have to reapply it after only 45 minutes. It is very refreshing and will be perfect for the hot summer months.

Ripe juicy blueberries

On my skin, the papaya comes out to play with the blueberries. Just a hint of lemongrass. All the notes blend so well. This is a wonderful fruity blend that is neither cloying nor overpowering.

This was the first Tiki blend that I have tried, and I adore this scent! I was dying to try this because of the blueberry note. I get a creamy blueberry bubblegum scent on my skin whose sweetness is quickly held in check and grounded by the gin and lemon notes providing a citrus and tart back-drop - my nose picks up the papaya sitting in the background but it's the note that is the hardest to detect in this blend. I'm already in the mood for summer wearing this and may want a second bottle - because, while it's beautiful on me, it doesn't last as long as most bpal scents on my skin.

In Bottle: The alcohol is strong! The fruit is a background player.

Wet: The alcohol tames down quickly, and this becomes really pretty. What is that fruit?? Mmmm.

Drydown: The alcohol comes and goes on me. An hour in, the scent is getting fainter, and an odd dusty note* appears. Two hours in, not much is left. I have to practically put my nose on my wrist. There's also a strange sharp note I can't identify.

I had high hopes for this one that didn't pan out. I also did all my Tiki reviews cold (without reading notes first); now I see that the sharpness was probably from the lemongrass.

* could be from leftover anaesthesia in my system - I noticed it when I test a couple of other blends, and I usually don't

Blue Fire is a fruity blue fragrance. The blueberry is quite prominent and it has a very natural sweetness to it. It doesn't come across as candy or fake blueberries; instead it smells like fresh, juicy blueberries with a few of them that have been smushed and the juice has run about. I personally find that natural fresh blueberries have an almost juniper-like hint of fragrance at the edge of them, and something about the blueberry plus the gin in here is just amazing in its perfection!!

Not to be ignored, the papaya adds a gentle tropical fruitiness to the blueberry and gin. As time passes the lemongrass picks up, but it does not come across as lemongrass nor does it amp. It just seems to lift and buoy the blueberry and papaya into a refreshing tropical drink. This is my favorite of the Tiki Bar blends.

In the bottle, it doesn't smell like much. This smells like ganache, the fruity center in the candy boxes. But when I put it on and it dries, the blueberry comes out. And oh my GOD it's lovely...very much a true blueberry. I'd very much like a blueberry-green scent at some point.

Anyway, Blue Fire is blueberry with a bit of tropical fruit in a fizzy, bubbling brew. It doesn't smell very alcoholic on me, it just cuts the sweetness a bit. It's really fun and lovely.

Blue Fire-

In Bottle: Ooh, blueberry, and SUCH a thick gin scent.

Wet: Fruity, flowery gin.

Dry: Mmm, I do like this. The blueberry seems so unique, and the gin sets it off with all the subtlety of a large metal axe (gotta love the brutality of that gin!). It doesn't remind me of any other scent because the blueberry is so different from the other scents that get mixed with Beth's gin scent.

Overall: Yummy! Deliciously boozy!

straight sniff from imp reminds me of "21" but much more dry...

shaken and not stirred :P

once applied lots of blueberry and gin...so interesting because it truly

stays dry ... amazing talents of our lovely resident perfume goddess never

cease to amaze...

this is a really fun scent...just not sure if it works for me

Welcome to another oddity of skin chemistry!

On me, this interesting little scent is ... pure pineapple and sugar. Mostly pineapple. I'm not entirely sure how my skin managed to turn the notes that are present here into pineapple, but it did it!

In the bottle, it's rich, sweet, and seems like a relative of Xanthe to me. Alas, that vanishes upon contact with my skin.

At least it's amusing! And if I want to smell like pineapple, this would be the scent I would definitely reach for. I was so hoping to smell like blueberries. Oh well. :P

Very fruity, but not in-your-face. Maybe it's the power of suggestion, but the blueberries smell "fire-y" because of the gin. It does stay very dry-smelling. The blueberries and lemongrass come out the most strongly on my skin. Delicious!

...I just opened an ice cream bar. How am I supposed to open an imp?

Okay, blueberry and lemongrass. Expecting lemongrass to amp like crazy.

Gin, which seems to be the most prevalent alcohol on me. I'm pretty sure I could identify gin across the room and thus develop my reputation as an alcoholic.

Dry down: Mostly gin and a little of the blueberry and lemongrass. Enjoyable but not my favorite. If I want to smell just like gin I'd wear 21.

In the bottle: Strongly herbal-juniper gin, fruity blueberry, faint lemongrass.

Wet: Blueberry (very natural, not artificial or too sweet) a bit stronger, but still heavy on the gin. Lemongrass still very faint. Papaya if I strain.

Dry: Slow-drying oil. Strong, junipery-herbal gin. Sparkling, boozy. Blueberry in the background.

Summary: Junipery gin. Some faintish fruity blueberry but only if I sniff closely. It's an invigorating, almost masculine scent. Good throw and lasting power, but too much juniper for me.

This is my favourite of the tiki scents. I can't stop sniffing it! It smells like lovely tart gin with a hint of blueberry sweetness and a delightful zesty sliver of lemon. Absolutely yum.

YUM. I love blueberries and I knew I'd love this. It's boozy with the gin in there but the blueberries are prominent and so wonderfully fruity! I was only sort of eh on 21 but this is a great blend. It's not too sweet like some fruity oils are and is very refreshing. Good staying power too. I hope we'll see more blueberry blends down the road.

Another nose-tickler here. This one just leaps from the skin in a fizzy citrus gin and blueberry explosion. All the notes mingle perfectly. It's the most boozy of all the Tikis but not so much that it smells like I spilled a cocktail down my shirt. Blue Fire makes my mouth water. It amazes me how good this smells, because normally I can't do fruity.

I've been hoping for a fragrance with blueberry in it, so I knew I had to get a bottle of Blue Fire even though it has my nemesis (evil lemongrass) in it. Thankfully, I don't get lemon in any way, shape, or form from this blend. It is definitely a fantastic, unique scent with blueberry as the main player (yes!).

I love this so much :P and it just gets better and better the longer it's on my skin.

At first, this reminds me a lot of Twenty-One (one of my favorite GC blends) with a good dose of blueberry added in. I get an impression like fizzy, bright juniper and for a while I thought it even smelled a little bit earthy. It's like juniper, ginger ale, and a touch of earthiness underneath a sweet blueberry that almost smells like blueberry bubble gum but doesn't go quite that artificial on me.

After about an hour, this sweetens up *a lot* on my skin and actually starts to remind me of Midway, but a stronger Midway with more throw and some fruitiness added in. I keep thinking of powdered sugar, cotton candy, and a pinch of blueberry syrup. It's still not overly sweet for me though, thanks to the hints of fizzy coolness.

I love how sweet and playful this smells on my skin. If I had extra money right now, I'd definitely buy a backup bottle or four. :D

I was so torn about buying this one because I LOVE blueberries, but I'm not crazy about fruity fragrances. So I wanted to try this one at will call before I decided. And this ended up being my favorite of the tikis I tried.

It's actually blueberry! I guess I thought it wouldn't smell like real blueberries, but it's unmistakable. It's a sweet, natural blueberry without the tartness I expected. It's mild and and very smooth. I think the papaya has this sort of creamy quality that goes so well with the other notes. The creaminess reminds me of yogurt almost. And everything else seems more exotic with the papaya. I don't detect the lemongrass that much, which is so good because I'm not crazy about lemon. That and the gin are hard for me to find in this but there is a light dryness that I imagine is the gin.

This is so pretty and it feels really feminine. It smells great even when it faded. This is now my favorite fruity fragrance and I love it. I rarely want backup bottles because I can hardly get through a bottle let alone two or three, but I would get another bottle of this in a second if I could.