Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Ginger blossom and vanilla orchid.

In the imp, this is mostly vanilla orchid and mebbe some ginger in there somewhere. On my skin, this lovely, creamy vanilla floral with just a hit of kick from the ginger flower. Mmmm. May be the only hit of the night thus far.

light and soft, the scent matches wonderfully with the BPTP Oceans/Kisses bath oil. WOW. Why didn't I try this before? :)

On: Wow. The vanilla orchid reminds me a lot of Regan, which makes sense. I usually have bad luck with "blossom" scents, but I'm just catching a hint of something floral in the background.
Half an hour in: Still very pretty. I think I'm getting the ginger blossom a bit, but there's still the gorgeous, sweet orchid for the most part. Sigh...I love orchid.
1.5 hours in: So sweet and pretty and soft.
4 hours in: Sweet, soft orchid.
Overall: Sigh...I adore orchid. This is so beautiful. It reminds me of Regan, but isn't as sweet or heavy. Definitely a keeper.

In the imp: light light floral, so pale it's almost translucent.

On my skin wet: faint vanilla floral, but I have to try hard to get it. It's hugging my skin. A faint suggestion that it might go soapy (as white florals often do on me), but I think the ginger warmth stops it.

On my skin dry: A faintly floral vanilla with warm gingery-smoky strains, but so very faint that I have to really try to get anything beyond sweet white floral.

Later: While still being really light, this is a gorgeous blend of vanilla and ginger warmth. The vanilla is not foody, not overly creamy, but floral and matched beautifully by a light gingery warmth. Lovely.

Overall: This is a gorgeous scent, if only it had more throw. Maybe I was a little too frugal with it. It didn't go soapy on me like i feared. Really lovely.

Opuhi has really mellowed with age. I remember clearly that the first few minutes used to be nothing but a blast of ginger, with an intense underlying sweetness. A big, bold tropical scent, best applied sparingly.

Trying it again tonight after over a year without wearing it, I was surprised to smell such a soft, spicy vanilla. For some reason, it really reminds me of these vanilla pudding cups with caramel at the bottom.

It takes a while for the ginger to appear, and when it does it is to add warmth to the blend, not zing and bite the way it used to.

After complete drydown, Opuhi turns into a very sweet floral that reminds me of Dragon's Milk. Now I can see why this is ginger blossom as opposed to ginger root, and I can distinctly smell the orchid.

Strangely, I think I liked it even better when it was louder and almost garishly tropical - there was something about it that was a perfect fit for the tiki aesthetic, or at least my idea of it.

Still, it is a lovely scent, and since most orchid blends seem to be falling victim to discontinuation these days, I will be sure to cherish my bottle.

Slightly sour vanilla with a bit of bite from the ginger and a hint of floral grounding everything. It doesn't get too cloying, surprisingly, though I do get mostly vanilla from this. Sugary vanilla, almost foody.

Long-lasting, too -- I'm still getting whiffs of this eight hours later.

The orchid is a bit sharp and waxy at first, with an almost minty bite to it . After an hour or two, though, it dries down to a really lovely ginger-vanilla scent. I intensely dislike Opuhi wet, but the dry phase is very pretty. I'm debating whether I need a whole bottle, but it's a keeper for now.

In the decant: A soft, floral vanilla

Wet on skin: pretty much the same as in the decant. This is a breezy, light-hearted scent, sun-warmed and creamy without having any cream or milk notes (which hate my skin). I am not really getting any type of ginger. Pleasant, but a little too simple, I would have liked this to be a little more tropical floral, which sounds like what Opuhi was when fresh.

Opuhi sticks close to my skin, with almost no throw. I don't dislike it but I can't say it does too much for me.

Wet: This is so good. Effervescent ginger with rich vanilla. I was expecting more floral, but to me this is spicy vanilla heaven! Yum. I immediately want to slather in it. The effervescence is fading quickly, but the spice and rich vanilla are sticking around. So pretty.

Dry: This is beautiful. Sweet, rich, sugary floral vanilla and spicy ginger. I love it. So glad I have it. This may be my favourite ginger scent of all time! Now that I know what ginger blossom smells like, I will be hunting for more of it.

It took me ages to get my hands on a decant of this - and it's not surpising! This is lovely, a candy-creamy ginger. Simple but so good. It's very soft on me/in the imp which is making me sad, but after drydown I get a big throw outta this - and what a throw it is! It turned super bitter (with the same sweet notes in the background, just more "wet". Oh no. :c

Gingerbread, sort of? in the bottle. Goes on as I guess ginger blossom — a gingery floral, which is vaguely sweetish. But it turns seriously weird as it dries, like a plastic flower someone tried to spray with a generic floral vanilla.

This line looked so amazing and my skin has just killed one after another.

Wet: Vanilla orchid and a hint of ginger. (There's definitely some kind of tropical vibe going on here, even though it's a pretty short scent list.)

Dry: Warm, creamy vanilla-floral with ginger. It's really, really pretty, and I tend to wear this a lot on warm summer nights. It's just.. good.

To me this smells more like vanilla and ginger than vanilla orchid and ginger. It is a warm softly glowing scent that helps me make it through chilly gray wet days.