Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Dracoo9

Tiki Queen

Monoi de Tahiti, vanilla, white coconut, tuberose, ylang ylang, white musk, red hibiscus, and neroli.

First off the label is preaty cute- not what I was expecting (an actual tiki on it, instead of the little hula dancer on it) but still, I love it.

In the Bottle: :P Cheshire Moon? But...sweeter. I actually grabbed my Cheshire Moon and compared them and Tiki Queen just smelt sweeter, so it must be the red hibiscus I smell. I dont get any of the coconut or vanilla like I had hoped. And if I take a real deep breath I smell....Sweet Tarts.

On: Sweet Tarts. But....an amazingly good Sweet Tart. I'm sorry that I cant say more in this review of the scent but to me it really smells Sweet-Tart esq with a touch of floral underneath but I enjoy it all the same. It has a decent amount of staying power before dissapearing. Even though Tiki Queen has coconut in it and some vanilla and smells like Sweet Tarts I'd say this definetly carries a more floral scent then foodie. Edited by quantum spice

I really like this one, even though again, I can't pick up on the coconut. It's a very pretty, floral....a sweet floral. Towards the end I got a sort of wood resin smell? Don't know where that came from.... but it was great! It's a wonderful counterpart to Tiki King.

tiki queen is really just ok on me, nothing earth-shattering. at first it is fruity and pleasant - fun and almost childlike - like a kid's perfume, it reminds me of toys. the coconut comes out more on me as it wears...but there's something that doesn't quite sit right on my skin; it's a little waxy or something, i dunno. anyway, it's not bad - it's actually pleasant, but not sure it's right for me. maybe in the summer months it'll be nice, though.

eta: maybe the oil needed to age a little bit, or maybe it's just grown on me, but revisiting this scent, i like it a lot better now...i'm getting more of a lovely orchid smell now, and the hibiscus...really nice - kind of addicting actually

Edited by AliBabble

I also get Sweet Tarts from this. But it doesn't matter because I love Tiki Queen! It's sweet and fun and happy and lasts forever. I didn't get any vanilla or coconut at all.

On me Tiki Queen is straight up gardenia with wafts of tropical goodness thrown in. I LOVE how it instantly "felt" like the genre it represents. I was truly in love the moment I smelled it. That being said......after a good while I was getting that awful "something smells funny here.....fake-like .....or slightly rancid" smell that ALL BPAL is doing to me lately ( well all except Defututa. sigh. love. sigh).

I'm going to hold onto it and see if aging kills that weird phase or if maybe my chemistry can right itself.

I do highly recommend Tiki Queen to anyone wishing for a taste of the tropics or anyone who is a fan of "Kai" perfume oil because that gardenia is not to be missed!

Since I love almost any scent with white musk, I knew I would like Tiki Queen. It's sweet, fruity, and completely girly. It isn't as heavy as Diary of a Teenage Cannibal, but reminds me of it. The comparison to sweet tarts is a good way to describe this. Another keeper and another great scent for the hot summer months. Love it!

In bottle/imp: Fruity tuberose and tropical flowers.

Immediately on skin: The strongest and most identifiable note in this is the tuberose, but it’s very fruity and tropical with hints of the monoi, coconut, and hibiscus. It’s a very forward feminine scent.

After a little while: This mostly stays the same as I wear it, but it deepens and it gets a bit more complex. It’s still a very tropical, strong and fruity tuberose scent, but it’s very well balanced. I get hints of the monoi, coconut, white musk, and hibiscus. It feels very bright and tart, and the monoi and coconut smooth it out just a bit.

Overall Impressions: This is a feminine, fruity, tropical floral scent. The complexity and balance of this is very nice and I keep catching hints of different notes as I sniff this. This is on the strong side though, and much tangier than I expected it to be. This is definitely a winner in my book!

TIKI QUEEN

In Bottle: Candylike florals

On Skin: Wow, this is very festive and pretty. It is tropical to an extreme. I smell the Monoi de Tahiti right away, and yes, it reminds me of my honeymoon in Tahiti. So, a most delightful memory!!! The vanilla is so sweet and with the coconut provide the most creamy texture. The other florals are strong and lively, nothing delicate here. The musk is clean and soft and helps the florals from being too sharp, as strong florals can be sometimes. This scent is very feminine and very pretty. It feels like a tropical celebration. Overall this blend is very sweet and smells almost bubblegum/candylike to me. It has a strong throw and average to long wearlength.

I love this one, it is an instant favorite.

I'm awful at identifying individual notes. When I first put it on, it smells like candy. It makes me think of a candy called Spree, which were brightly colored and packaged in a roll. And red kool-aid.

After about an hour, I can barely smell it but there are sort of dusty, slightly nutty flowers lingering on my skin. Maybe its the coconut, but normally the labs coconut smells awful on me. I'm not a slather-er (I've never even finished an entire imp), but I love this so much I'll definitely have no problem applying more. It makes me feel very pretty and feminine, something I've been trying to achieve lately.

:P I love it.

ETA: I wore this again the other day, and it was completely different. The flowers were much more prominent, and it lasted all day. I was visiting my chain-smoking mother, and on my hour long drive home I could still smell Tiki Queen. Awesome!

Edited by Kiera

I tried this at Will Call and liked it there and ordered a bottle. I love coconut and wanted this to have a heavy coconut note, but I get almost none in it. The first note I did smell was the hibiscus. It was very light but I would know it anywhere, I have a tropical garden and have several varieties growing there. The musk and neroli blend with the hibiscus and make this a very sexy, sensual scent. For some reason, I think of this as a red scent, maybe because it's the hibiscus flower itself. It is perfect for day or evening and light enough for the hot days of summer. I love this and it may call for a second bottle. :P

Tiki Queen is gorgeous! It smells much more playful than I anticipated considering all the florals and white musk. It starts out with a strong, candy-like note but it is neither too sweet nor too fruity. While it is playful, as time passes this gathers an edge of refinement from the tuberose, vanilla, ylang ylang, white musk, and neroli. Something about this is very buoyant to me. It smells "red" and has an almost regal quality after the candy-like note has faded.

I find that this has a strong throw and an average wear-length. I can't think of any other fragrance like this so it's definitely worth checking out.

I definitely get the candy/Sweet Tarts smell, though it reminds me more of gummy candies. The neroli comes out strong on my skin. There's something in the background that I'm not liking at all. I can't really tell what it is, though, so that makes it even more disappointing :P

In the bottle and on my skin this scent was a tropical uber floral. It is Tahiti in a bottle. This is a must have for those who enjoy long lasting floral scents.

Oh, this is an instant favorite. It's like Pele, with a punch! It actually smells a lot like Pele, but unlike Pele it isn't faint or dries off far too quickly. Gorgeous! And it came in time for me to order another bottle!

In the bottle, it's pure sweet candy goodness! Others have compared Tiki Queen to Sweet Tarts, and I definitely get that, but it softens down quite a bit once it's applied. On my skin, it warms up a bit, and the tuberose comes out more. The vanilla and coconut sadly stay hidden, but it's overall a gorgeous, lush scent! Love it!

In bottle: Candy! The kind that your mom warned you would rot your teeth out. :P

Wet: Primarily tuberose and ylang ylang. Can't smell the candy over the strong ylang.

Dry: Faint florals - probably hibiscus - and a faint candylike smell.

Verdict: I thought this would have more white florals, but I really only smell candy.

First Impression: Coconut crème brulee.

Dries down to: Coconut crème brulee spilled in a florist shop.

Additional Comments: For the most part I really like this but occasionally I get a whiff of something going bad. Fortunately, it passes but I wish it didn't show up at all.

Lasted: All day.

Rating: 3.5 out of 5.

wet: the most delicious pineapple floral candy smell. Like, pineapple lifesavers (those are the white ones, right?). :P but where's the coconut?

dry: pineapple disappears, and ylang-ylang and neroli stick around, along with a hint of hibiscus. The dry down is pretty too, but I really love the sugary smell when this is wet. I'm not sure, but I think I'm mainly smelling ylang-ylang after a while. Not really wowing me at this point.

In the bottle: pink bubble gum

On me: A very light, pinkish, candish, floral scent.

I smelled primarly what I assume was tuberose. I got NO vanilla and I don't think I really got coconut either. This didn't change too much as it dried. It was a pleasant, tropical-feeling scent that I imagine would do really well in the hot weather. But, it feels very delicate and girly (too delicate/girly for me). It was very gentle - there was enough throw that I could smell it around me, but it wasn't overpowering or too strong/bold.

In the bottle I mainly smell sweet candy and unrecognizable (to my nose) tropical flowers. I put a little bit on before bed last night and my husband remarked that it smelled fruity. Which is kind of odd, because there are no fruits listed in the components! :D And it DOES smell fruity--could there be some pineapple hidden in there somewhere?

Tiki Queen is lovely! I love the combination of lush tropical flowers, fruit and vanilla. It's probably my favorite of the ones I have tried so far. It lasts a long time and the throw is amazing, so use sparingly or people will smell you from miles away! When I put a little dab behind each ear and on my wrists last night I could smell it all night long and it was still going strong when I awoke this morning.

:P Beth! Well done!

This is my suprise favorite of the Luau scents thus far!

In the bottle: Mmmm, Sweet Tarts! Wait.... Sweet Tarts? :P

Wet: Amazingly, this stays deliciously candy-like and the florals don't try to beat me into submission. I definitely get the same feel from this as I did from Cheshire Moon, but this manages to not be clorying in the slightest. On the contrary, the wafts I get from Tiki Queen are just intoxicating without the note in Cheshire Moon that had a tendency to make me nauseous. Funny, I don't know that I ever detect the white musk on my skin.

Dry: I get the coconut on the drydown, more coconut milk than the meat itself. It lends a sweet creaminess to the blend, and there's a slight bit of powderiness to it. The florals have pretty much all faded at this point -- scarcely an hour after applying.

While I have been a little disappointed by the wearlength of the Tikis, this is truly an awesome blend. I was afraid this would be too overwhelming because of all the flowers, but it's not! It's perfect. :D

When I first tried this I imediately smelled something that reminded me of Candy Butcher minus the chocolate. It was the candy note that smells like banana taffy. Tiki Queen is a fresh, gorgeous floral with a creamy fruit. It's bright but not sharp or biting and makes me picture the plumeria flowers that are hot-pink-y coral with a yellow center. I can smell the coconut only at the end when it's just a faint memory but even that is a gorgeous sniff. It's a happy, sexy, sunny scent that makes me smile from the inside out. :P

Tiki Queen has a lovely sweet coconut scent in the bottle and first on my skin - a lovely lighter bride to Tiki King's rich coconutiness.

After a few minutes the florals start to push forward, sweet and tropical and very evocative of sipping a pina colada or coconut daquori in the middle of a tropical flower garden. This is an absolutely must have for anyone who likes sweet tropical florals. It is feminine without being overly cloying and is just gorgeous.

Decant from a circle.

In the imp: Candy! Smarties! Mmm.

Wet: Definitely Smarties.

Drydown: the candy scent lingers, and the florals and coconut scents make themselves known.

Very complex. Lovely. Because there are so many florals, it's hard to pick out those notes. For example, I wouldn't have known there was neroli or monoi in this without peeking at the notes. I also can't smell any pineapple at all (for that, I have to go to my Screeching Parrot).

Good throw, not sure yet about wearlength.