Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
Pincushions

Viking or Norse-themed scents

I recall seeing a thread asking for a list of Pirate-themed scents, and I tried searching for Norse/Viking and nothing came up, so here goes:

I'm on a hunt!

I already have Vinland and Odin (HUGE love for Odin!), and I *just* ordered imps Fenris Wolf, Niflheim, Yggdrasil, Skuld, Urd, and Verdandi. Then there's Brisingamen, which I'll have to have in my next order. Doing a quick scroll through the GC I could probably also include The Raven (probably named for the Poe poem, but ravens play a big part in Norse mythology, too) and Troll. Have I missed any?

Also, does anyone have a list of discontinueds/LE's that maybe in the future I can hunt down?

I'm having a lot of fun picking themes for ordering, it forces me to try things I normally wouldn't, which makes it interesting, and hopefully I'll be pleasantly surprised!

I feel bad even mentioning this to you because it's ridiculously difficult to come by, and expensive when you can get it, but if you ever manage to track down a bit, there's always Skadi.

I've always found Skadi to be an interesting goddess, so I'm a bit bummed that I found BPAL too late to get a bottle. Oh, well, there's always hoping for it to be resurrected one of these Novembers. :P

Another couple of LEs that are probably a LEETLE easier to come by than Skadi are Jolasveinar and Mistletoe (like The Raven, less specifically Norse than an important symbol in Norse mythology).

Oh, I know! The fact that Skadi is from so long ago makes me sad. But, I think Jolasveinar and Mistletoe will be easy enough to find.... I hope.

And, to brandish the Obvious Stick, there's TAL's Temple: Norse, one of my all-time favorite scents... :P Not to mention, super-evocative.

yeah...the twilight oils are really good.

Edited by Mortarion

Hmm, I didn't think about looking through TAL, I'll have to check that out.

And yeah, I've seen the up and coming thread and I'm super excited! Apparently Hel smells really nice, too... Sigh. I'll definitely get them when they come out!

This came up in another thread recently - so my addressing it again so soon is not directed towards anyone personally, nor is it something I'm harping on for personal reasons, it's a moderating issue.

I just have to mention that TAL Temple blends are not sold as perfumes and aren't intended for use on the skin, so as the Recs mod I disagree with them being used casually as scents or recommended for that use. There are TALs that are intended for use as scents but that particular set of ritual oils is not among them. Discussing what they smell like in this area isn't something I am going to warn you for or get angry about - I just feel a responsibility to mention these issues when someone does recommend them for perfume use, so that any newer members who aren't fully educated about TAL can make their own decisions.

The thread here contains most of the discussion of this issue, and there may be more information in other threads in the TAL area. If there's something that's not covered there or you want to discuss further, feel free to bump that thread with your questions or PM me or wickedgoddess.

(Appropriately admonished... :P I had totally failed to mention in my post that I don't use it on the skin. Thanks for the reminder, ivyandpeony!) /hijack

(Appropriately admonished... :P I had totally failed to mention in my post that I don't use it on the skin. Thanks for the reminder, ivyandpeony!) /hijack

No admonishment intended, so no blushing required :D And when it comes to what people do behind closed doors with their little bottles, I'm all about freedom! *eyebrow wiggle* I just have to make the effort to make sure the info is there, so when someone wanders in who doesn't understand the difference between BPAL & TAL, they can understand the differences and decide for themselves if they want to explore .

Thanks! I didn't know they weren't for perfume use (I'm sure it says on the TAL site but like I said before I haven't really taken the time to really check them out.) Anyways I'll keep the scent in mind but for now, I'll just stick with BPAL.

I'm Icelandic, and over the next few days I'll definitely be thinking of some goodies. :P

"I come from the land of the ice and snow and the midnight sun where the hot springs blow." -Led Zeppelin

How about a bottle of Mead Moon, for the Mead of Poetry?

"I come from the land of the ice and snow and the midnight sun where the hot springs blow." -Led Zeppelin

That is just plain awesome! :P

Sign in to follow this