Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

A crisp, pale, almost translucent rose dusted by moonflower and midnight dew.

Imp: Sour water-logged roses.
Wet: Cheap soap. I don't get any rose in this at all. It's all night-blooming flowers - too heady of a perfume for my tastes. White florals amp into disgusting on my skin.
Dry: The moonflower backs off quite a bit, but this is NOT the rose I love. It's girly and soft.

In the bottle – Sweet roses

Wet on me – Sweet, soapy roses

Dry on me – Sweet, soapy roses

Overall – I’m not into roses and this really doesn’t work on me

This is beautiful, just plain beautiful. I knew I had to have this when I saw it combined two of my most favourite florals (rose and moonflower) and I have not been disappointed. Delicate rose with an edge of moonflower and dew, this works so well on me. The only downside is that it fades too quickly for my taste, two hours after applying it's almost completely gone.

I'm not a rose fan at all, but the description is just lovely, so here goes…

IN THE IMP – Lots of rose, but it’s a soft, moony rose, just as in the description, with a crisp something that must be the moonflower. Pretty! None of the overwhelming decadence I normally associate with roses.

ON MY SKIN – First second is a blast of pure rose, then the moonflower steps forward. Oh! So much prettiness. It’s crisp, almost spicy, and so delicate – a very blue-white scent. And wow. I guess dew really does smell like something, because I’m smelling it. Sometimes it’s more rose, sometimes it’s more moonflower, but it’s beautiful all the way through. A perfect scent for a humid summer day; this is the first BPAL I’ve had the impulse to slather on.

LATER – Largely fades within three hours, though it stays true scentwise - so true to its description! Shame it doesn’t last longer!

The first time I tried Moon Rose, I wasn't keen at all - it was too strongly rose-scented and gave me a bit of a headache.

However, I tried again a couple of days later and it's nice! A light rose this time around. It's one of those scents that will work beautifully on me some days, and not at all on others. I think it's the rose that my skin seems to be so moody with. The oil did something weird to the skin on my wrists where I applied it - whereever I put the oil, my skin wrinkled up! Weird. I won't be buying a 5ml, but it's a very pretty rose scent for those days when my skin is playing nice with rose.

When I first put this on, I sighed happily. It's a very calm, serene scent. I can definitely see why it's described as a pale, translucent rose. It has something wet and crisp smelling underneath, and it seems very ethereal. It started to fade rather quickly on me... It's nice, but it's a little too similar to the rose scents I already have.

I got an imp of this purely for my work, as the description sounded rather fetching.

And fetching it is. This is hands-down a beautiful, rather haunting floral. The description is spot on. It goes onto the skin with a sigh, and sort of floats about like a whisper. I do like rose, and this is rose is practically ghostly.

The moonflower is gentle and blends seemlessly with her rosey sister. It's very evocative of a cool night, walking out into a moonlit garden and catching a whiff of something pale and lovely on the crisp breeze. For me, this more effectively evokes a fairy queen than Leanan Sidhe did.

I knew this wouldn't be a scent I'd choose to wear often, as it really is too pretty for me. But this absolutely works for the purpose I intended it for - and I'll be using it for writing/drawing scenes that call for atmosphere like this. It's perfectly, beautifully, ethereal.

Moon Rose

almost transparent pale yellow oil

Imp: ROSE!

Skin: It smells like a wet rose slowly drying. I mean it really smells wet in the beginning but then gets drier and drier.

I didn't get the moonflower till an hour later, its peaks out now and then, but only faintly. The rose is the strongest.

Although the wetness changes as time passes, the scent itself doesn't morph much.

A simple rose, smells hygenic like coming out of a shower after using a rose scented soap.

This is a super-delicate blend of white roses and moonflowers. It's very clean with the slightest bite of sourness underneath.

Bottle: Just a light, almost citrusy-light, floral.

Wet: Roses in moonlight.

Drydown: Mostly roses for a while, but it fades to moonflower after some time.

Later: This has really stuck on my skin surprisingly strongly for such a delicate scent. This is a good one for wearing on days when you need a calming influence, and I'd bet you'd have blissful dreams if you dab a bit on before bed.

This would also make a fabulous body wash scent, it's light enough that I wouldn't mind having it all over me.

This one makes me feel girly and pretty, but not childish, the way most lighter fragrances behave on me.

Edited by starwild

I so wanted to like this frimp from the Lab! But no, it's not the right rose for me. There are three roses in how they interact with my chemistry, one which plays nice, one which smells rotten, and one which goes to soap.

Wet, it is light rose with an almost acquatic feel. Then it goes straight to soap, and not even good soap, but soap with a slightly rotted undertone. Sigh, someone else will get this.

This is pretty, but not as delicate and ethereal as I hoped - it's more like a rose soap I used to love. It's nostalgic, but I don't think I'd wear it much.

In the imp: faint rose

On the wrist: Rose with a hint of something warm. Rising to be filled with what I can only assume is the moonflower, a fuller-bodied scent without being overblown. Not too dissimilar from a spicy tea rose, such as Chicago Peace.

Goes through a cologne-y phase I can live without up close, but from wrists up to nose, pleasing wafts. Fades to a rather nice generic rose without the slight undertone a rose maroc would have.

A keeper until I get my hands on some TFS, perhaps? 7/10

My first thoughts when I tried this on was "amazingly delicate", and that's how I think of it all the time now.

I absolutely LOVED this one -- one of my very favourites for sure. It is subtle but it lasted for hours, and is very, very pretty. Flowery, but definitely not overpowering, and can be worn at any time (in any sort of weather). I found it very ethereal and delicate.

I adore this one. It's light and floral but not, perfect for hot weather. It smells like WATER to me. Like Hawaii rain, with the scent of flowers muted because of the water. It is intensely clean, delicate, but not wimpy. This lasts all day on me, and I'll occasionally get wafts of the fragrance, long after I thought the throw was gone. I put this on when it's muggy, and I want SOME part of me to feel clean and fresh, lol

Moon Rose

Ah, the first rose that doesn't feel like grandma to me. It fits it's description perfectly, it is crisp and pale, with a wet freshness to it. I almost feel as though I just washed my hands with a really fine rose scented soap (I tested this on the back of one of my hands). It's a lovely floral that isn't aggressive, like florals tend to be on me.

[1 - Hate] .. [2 - Dislike] .. [3 - Like] .. [4 - Really Like] .. [5 - Love]

4 : I'm happy to see that roses actually can work on me. I was becoming skeptical.

Ok - bpal rose usually doesn't work on me and this is no exception.

From the beginning, soapy rose. It kind of reminds me of a tea rose perfume I had when I was younger. I am not sure it is the rose making it soapy or more likely the other flowers. Does not appear to morph on me, still soapy several hours in.

To the swap pile.

I got this in a swap with AmandaKay. Thanks a bunch!

In the bottle: Eee! It smells just like a My Little Pony (a very good thing in my book)!

Wet on skin: Clean and bright with a wee dose of (the good kind of) powder.

Dry on skin: It really does remind me of a midnight garden under a huge full moon, even without the description's help. It kind of sparkles, that's the only way I can think of to describe it. Maybe that's the dew? Beautiful.

Conclusion: This is a gorgeous, shimmering "white" scent, very clean, yet warm and close. I can't pick out any individual notes except maybe a smidgen of pear (!). This would make a great after-shower or bedtime scent. Very comforting.

I want to add that, though this is a very sweet and innocent scent, it's not delicate. It's quite tough, in fact. Strong and feminine. And the throw is incredible on me as well.

Edited by pinkpepper

A sweet, light, aquatic rose. I am really liking this! It is surprisingly refreshing for a floral. Pity that it has very little throw.

I haven't even tried this until now because rose usually doesn't like me, but I'm trying to arrange my imps into keep/pass on, so here goes.

In imp: oh dear--avon roses

Wet on skin: moonflower and a hint of something watery, which is doing battle with, and slowly being overpowered by the incredible-sumo-attack-rose avon roses scent that my skin morphs the BPAL rose note into. :D

Drydown: the roses have won and are trampling the landscape making me sneeze and making my eyes itch. :P No other BPAL scent has done that. This scent has throw, but it is kind of double layered. I can smell(can't avoid smelling) the sumo-killer-rose without even moving, but if I actually sniff my wrist the moonflower/dew scent is still cowering there close to the skin. I don't think I actually like that scent either, as it is quite floral/perfumey. It also may be what is bothering my eyes. This is another wash quick and hope to avoid the headache scents. :D

In the Imp: Wet, sweet rose. A bit heady.

Wet: Soft translucent rose, with a hint of some other dusky floral. Moonflower? I'm not sure, but I like it.

Dry: Feminine and ethereal, it's now definately a soft beautiful floral. The rose is very sweet and dewy. It's a teensy weensy bit soapy in the dry-down, but it passes into a sort of powdery floral musk. I like this alot, it's a floral that doesn't scream GIRLY at the top of it's voice and that's a good thing.

Wet: this is a soft, fading, barely-there rose.

Once it's on my skin, it actually gets stronger, but it's still a fairly light, innocuous rose. I think that's due to the moonflower. It's very pretty.

To me this smells like a white rose illuminated by the moonlight. It has dew on it and a few petals have fallen to the ground, only to find themselves water-drowned in a small puddle that lies amidst moonflower vines. It's a light scent and fades quickly, but the fleeting quality of this only adds to the magic and ethereal quality of the moon rose.

In the imp: soap? Almost not there soap. That's weird.

On me, wet: ah, i see. The soap was just rose in disguise! Its soapiness has gone away, and now this is a very wispy, pretty rose on me.

On me, dry: the night flowers come in, adding a little bit of spice around the edges of the smell. Moon Rose smells really solitary to me at this point-- it's a single white rose in a garden at night, surrounded by other night blooms.

Throw and duration: very little throw. I'm a dabber by nature, but i'm sorta tempted to slather this one, it's so gentle on the nose. Not sure on duration yet, but i think this'll be on the low end of normal. We'll see.

Overall: Generally i amp rose like it's my business, so i was prepared for this to be a lot stronger than advertised. But, no, my skin's behaving itself beautifully and the result is a scent that's exactly as described. Very ethereal, almost translucent, like the description says. It feels quiet, peaceful, and a little bit lonely to me. It's not at the top of my 5mL wishlist, but we'll see how i feel after a few more tries.

To my nose, this is a straight-up rose, rose-and-nothing-but-rose. Very girly, feminine, and delicate. It's not my thing, but I've tried it a few times before bed. It's fine in that context, and the strong rosiness mostly fades away just when I'm ready for it to.

Nice enough, but not really my cup of tea. Someone above suggested that this may be good in hot summer weather to help you feel a little fresher and cleaner, so I'll save my imp for situations like that, and as an occasional bedtime scent.