Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

A crisp, pale, almost translucent rose dusted by moonflower and midnight dew.

In the bottle:
Stunning. Exactly what I expect a perfume to smell like. I can smell the rose and maybe other floral notes. It's a little bit sweet, but not at all too sweet. Something about it just smells fresh, like a freshly picked rose.

Wet:
Just like in the bottle, but I feel like it warms a little with the warmth of my skin.

Dry down:
The notes temper each other, and it still smells like a fresh, dew-covered rose. One that's still on the bush, the day after it has rained. Odd as this sounds, it also smells a little bit like night. I might just be influenced by the name, but when I smell it, I definitely feel that the name is appropriate. There's some note in there that's just a little bit haunting.

Final Thoughts:
So pretty. So very, very pretty. This was one of the scents that inspired me to place my first BPAL order and I've neglected it terribly. It's really a work of art.

straight sniff from imp is a beautifully, fresh, wet rose with dew on itz petals...

once applied this is slightly green...but still fresh roses...a touch soapy to

start but the sudsiness fades quickly and the rose is superbly apparent...

this is definitely a gorgeous perfume :P

In the bottle: Translucent rose indeed! This smells like a rose just on the edge of existence.

Wet: The moonflower tries to come out, but it and the rose get mixed together into an indistinct floral. It's nice, but I'd like to be able to pick out the individual notes more.

Drydown: This goes powdery as it dries, and then turns a little soapy and then powdery again. Pleasant, but nothing amazing.

This rose doesn't turn into sour doom like roses sometimes do, but it plus the moonflower turn incredibly soapy. That isn't necessarily bad; I smell like I just stepped out of the shower after washing with some kind of really expensive soap; but it's not something that I'll want to wear very often. Using it *in* bath products or as a bath oil, on the other hand...mmmmmm :-)

Wet, this is gorgeous - a fresh, wet rose that somehow does smell like nighttime.

As it dries, the rose becomes mixed with other florals and mutes. I really prefer the wet phase! It goes soapy and faint quickly on my skin. But the intial phase is pure gold.

Last night I tried this out for the first time, one swipe on the wrist. My nose is glued to my wrist because of the amazingly gorgeous scent, then five minutes later - GONE. Completely disappeared. I was heartbroken! However, this morning I decided to give it another try, so I lotioned up (maybe my dry skin ate the oil?), then slaaaaathered it on. It lasted all day! Woohoo! I'll definitely have to get a big bottle, as this needs to be really slathered on me. Anyway, review...

In the bottle: A very light, soft, pale rose - not cloying or overpowering at all, as some roses can be. It definitely does have a wet, dewy smell. I almost think I smell apples in this too, which is wierd.

Wet/Drydown: The sweet headiness that I expect from a rose is peeking through, but it settles down quickly. There's also a very slightly spicy-sweet floral - is that moonflower? I have no idea what moonflower smells like. The roses in this are definitely pale - white or very light pink, just opening.

Dry: This is such a delicious, gentle, watery rose. It's incredibly calming and lovely, I can see this as an everyday scent. I LOVE the watery note over the gentle rose. It's the water vapor in the air on a humid day.

Verdict: I'm SO glad I tried this one again, because I'm totally in love with Moon Rose. It's unbelievably delicious. I will definitely be getting a big bottle.

On the wand, this is so high-pitched that it’s almost ephemeral -- the ultrasonic of perfume: no less loud, but too high to hear. Once touched to my skin, it metamorphoses instantly into a cool pink cloud of scent.

Given a bit more time, the pinkness of the scent shifts from a pale pink down to a smoky rose. (Not literally smoky -- not even a trace of incense or smoke scents here -- but it’s the color evoked in my mind.) It’s a full, lush rose, but without the raw beauty or savagery of a red rose scent. It doesn’t have the conviction of Zombi or some of the other rose blends, though -- while it isn’t actively artificial, it does seem like a rose scent instead of the scent of a rose. The scent is very straightforward, with no layering whatsoever.

Moon Rose is nice enough, but there are other Black Phoenix roses that I prefer.

...while it isn’t actively artificial, it does seem like a rose scent instead of the scent of a rose. The scent is very straightforward, with no layering whatsoever.

I completely agree. It the bottle it was very perfumey. Wet it was very promising, but as it dried, it did take on the rose perfume scent as oppsed to a true rose.

Not bad, but not one I would buy a bottle of. I might try this one once more to decide whether or not I will be keeping the imp.

Ok, first of all, lemme just say that rose is a note that I absolutely hate in perfumes, and it hates me back. When I wear rose, it turns into a horridly strong overpowering smell, very sharp and old-ladyish. So I tried the imp of Moon Rose with great trepidation. Guess what? A rose scent I can wear!!! It's such a clear, transparent rose with hints of aquatic from the midnight dew, and a bit of moonflower, and it stays pretty true to the decription on my skin. This is the only rose scent I can wear, and I love it! My next order will definetely include a bottle of this. :P

Moon Rose is exactly what the description states. A small, red rosebud covered with morning dew. It's completely nonoffensive and oh, so pretty.

Even if you don't like roses, give this a whirl. I'm a big fan of the flowers, and I have to say that this is my favorite BPAL rose blend so far (although I haven't tried Rose Red yet, of course).

Bottle: clean, light, luminous rose

Wet: sheer, elegant, clean floral, predominantly rose, a little creamy moonflower, lovely

Dry: the rose in this scent fits me perfectly, not too powdery or cloying, just light elegant clear rose

I love love love this scent! It fits me perfectly and is my favorite BPAL rose so far. It’s hard to describe, as the moonflower and dew emphasize the rose so subtly. It definitely reminds me of a rose made of moonlight, translucent, but it doesn’t fade. Luminous.

Let me preface by saying, I love rose, and my mother loves rose (hates vanilla though). It's no surprise that I now love Moon Rose. I'm sure that when I purchase some actual bottles, this will be included among them.

In the little imp: Pure delicate rose. Beautiful and a bit haunting (possibly the moonflower?)

On the skin wet: This gained a lot of throw on me wet. I smelled strongly of roses for a long time, even after it dried down. It became more of a classic rose scent wet on me.

On the skin dry: I'll admit, either I haven't gotten the chance to try one of those elusive scents that change on people, or I have really boring skin chemistry because the past two oils I've tried have not changed much in any of the stages. On me, moon rose remained a beautiful pale rose, and luckily I got a lot of wear and throw from it. My mother actually complimented me on it in the car.

Moon rose is everything I had wanted and expected from BPAL and more. :P

I love this. In the bottle: this is pure rose. I don't get that fake smell that sometimes comes with rose scents but the real heady scent of roses kissed in morning dew. We have a rose bush that blooms when its freezing cold outside and this is what it reminds me of. The little pink buds touched in ice and dew, so fresh and cold and lovely.

On wet: this isn't quite so heady and strong but very much the smell of roses in the morning for me. It also takes on a little bit of a soap smell.

Dry on my skin this amazing, at first all I got was roses, roses, roses. However it amazing how layered this scent is despite its few ingredients. It transcends to being something completely different in a matter of moments. It went from being a really strong rose to a soft floral. As mentioned its almost ghost or mist like. You really get the feeling this is almost ethereal. It went from fresh, strong roses in the morning to roses bathing in the moonlight. It dries down so gentle and alluring for me. I am completely in love with this scent.

I didn't think it would be possible to literally "smell" the transluency around this, however, it eventually changed and now it blends perfectly with the rose. I think of walking through a rose garden after a light spring rain.

I really think I will have to order a bigger vial of this. Its scent is light on me and so I will need an excuse to be able to use more! This is so beautiful and fresh.

Edited by ForeverSweet

I don't usually like rose scents, but I like this one.

It's a soft, dewy, almost creamy rose. I usually like moonflower, so maybe that's what's making me like this oil. I got a bottle of it and didn't wear it because I thought it was much too strong -- I was thinking that maybe the imp I had was more aged or something. But I think the problem really was that I tend to use more oil from a bottle than from an imp. I think I probably just used too much.

I gave away that bottle, but after testing this again, I think maybe I should get another bottle. This is light and pretty. Very nice.

I now know that moonflower is one of those "Danger, Will Robinson!" notes for me.

Oh skin, why must you amp white floral notes so much? Beth could have put sulfur in this and I wouldn't be able to tell, with the moonflower note peaking.

Edited by baranoouji

Disclaimer: I don't like rose. I can't stand rose. I will never, ever wear rose.

That said, if I *did* wear rose, this would be it. This is the only rose scent I've ever smelled I *liked*. It's light rose, and white flowers and, well... dew. There's something very fresh and clean about it. It's a lovely, almost lightly aquatic rose floral.

I'll still never wear it, but really, for a rose scent, it's really, really nice.

To me, this smells like a *real* rose, fresh out of the garden, with the dew still on. It's very natural, and not at all 'rose perfumey'.

In Bottle: The rose came through even before I opened the imp, it was so strong. After opening it was a sweet rose scent that came through. Normally rose isn't my favorite scent but this was beautiful

On Skin: The rose was...Well it was certainly rose but there was a watery quality to it, almost more watery than the "midnight dew" in the description. Like roses next to a creek and pond. Like you've washed your hands with roses instead of soap.

Wet: The roses have been dropped into and under running water when you get this oil wet. You're constantly being exposed to a new wave of roses.

Drydown: It became oddly sweet while it was drying. Almost like rose flavored turkish delight. As if a layer of sugar had been added to the mix. I kept putting my hand back near my nose because the scent was so delicious.

After Time: After time the water went away and I was left with something that was like dried roses. Where you know they were roses at one point but they've faded and have a vague and papery smell to them.

Final Verdict: I had Ozymandias on my other hand and putting them together was suprisingly beautiful. The old powdery scent of Ozymandias and the sweet rose scent of Moon Rose made me think of the Victorian Era, like reading about the Victorian Era in an old library. Sort of fantastical. I'm not a 'rose' sort of girl, but together they made me quite happy.

There's a really pretty, light rose in here somewhere but the moonflower keeps smacking it down. The result is, as others have said, rose soap. Gorgeous rose soap, but soap nonetheless. I'll use this with laundry and stick to Hope and Blood Rose for myself!

In the bottle: a very light rose with... something else. Judging from the other reviews I'll say it's moonflower.

On: Ditto. The something else kills the rose a little bit.

After an hour or so: Lovely, wispy rose. Still the moonflower but it's not obtrusive.

It stayed this way until it wore off after about four hours.

I like my roses a little stronger, though this could be appropriate sometimes. Would use it more, though.

Edited by palastinalied

Got an imp of this in the livejournal swopathon (woo!), and I wouldn't have thought to try it but it's lovely!

Full-bodied rose, wet and lush, undercut with a slightly green scent of vegetation or grass. Very womanly; a compassionate and mature scent.

An imp that I ordered that worked well on my skin.

The rose is lovely and soft, and makes me feel like an elegant, classy lady with a slight aloofness. I don't know, it's a pretty cool feeling when all I'm wearing is jeans and a t-shirt. :P Definite bottle-buy for later.

Moon Rose smells of wet roses and another floral, which must be moonflower but I can't be sure since I've never smelled that. It's very feminine and pretty and I think it would be excellent for rose devotees of any age. I'll definitely get a bottle of this.

This came as a frimp in my latest order from the lab. I've been experimenting with my relationship with roses lately, and after my disappointment with Two, Five, and Seven, I needed Moon Rose to bring me out of that! She is soft and innocent.

In the imp: Roses in water.

Wet on Skin: Wow, this is lovely. So, so skin soft. This reminds me of a lotion that my grandmother used to wear (in a good way, not a grandmotherly way). I love the way that this is immediately mixing with my skin's natural scent, and producing something soothing and sweet. No harsh drydown here!

Dry: This is really nice. Not a knockout, but nice. It reminds me of the way a Crabtree and Evelyn store smells. Not in a bad way. I smell so fresh and clean and rosey! I'd definitely wear this scent on a day when I just need to chill out, or to bed. It is incredibly calming and soothing. I'd recommend it to anyone who likes rose blends! :P

moon rose is exactly as described. it is quite lovely translucent rose with some dewiness... possibly a tiny touch of musk in there. very nice.

Moon Rose starts out a delicate, pale rose. The moonflower joins in as it dries down. I've always loved rose and recently discovered I love moonflower too, so its nice to have a scent that showcases it. This is a light scent and it doesn't last long, but its abosolutely beautiful. :P