Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

A crisp, pale, almost translucent rose dusted by moonflower and midnight dew.

Ooh! Another new thread for me!!

Just from the description I was really wanting this scent badly! Imagine my surprise when I got it as a freebie in my last order! Beth loves me:) LOL!

In the bottle, Moon Rose has a very rose scent to it. It is definately very feminine without being too overpowering, like most floral scents seem to be for me. On me, the rose scent dies down a little bit to almost a ghostly scent. More like tearoses instead of the large cabbage roses. It reminds me more of small multiple buds that are a light pink in color.

And then, all of a sudden....wham. Its gone. Not really faded, just....ethereal. The scent is still there, its just...its odd to describe. Wet it is very prominent even though its not quite as powerful as say Ophelia, but within a few minutes its just not anymore. It suddenly becomes very light, and although once your nose leaves your wrist you can identify the rose smell, while youa re sniffing there is something else. Something very airy, like nothing more than a breeze. Its like standing across the lake from a rose bush and smelling the roses on the air.

Gee....can you tell that I like it? I haven't taken my nose off of my wrist the whole time that I've been typing! This is wonderful!!

Her descriptions are so true to the oils that is really feel that this is a work of art im sniffing! I ended up swapping this one because im not a huge rose fan and i just love eve, spellbound and alice much more. The description is sooo on point though. Ive never imagined that you can smell translucency in soemthign but this really smells like a translucent rose and for some reason reminds me of what moon essence might smell like (not the rose but that translucency that is seeping through the oil throughout the whole experience). This dried down very light cool rose on me. It was very nice but i just dont imagine myself wearing it on a regular occasion like alice, but a work of art nonetheless!

Edited by asa805

OH MY GOD!!! This is it! I've been so nostalgic recently pining for an old perfume I used to wear. Le Fleurs (or something like that) by Coty... Wet, this is it. It's beautiful! It dries so much fresher than my old favorite did, but I love it. (so far)

This is my favorite of Beth's rose scents so far...though I am far from having tried them all. It's just so pretty....pink and lovely. Hope it stays like this and doesn't turn to bug spray on me like Old London did.

Just simply a beautiful, true, silky rose blend with (I think) a tiny tiny touch of lemon. Know how a rosebud smells when it's still wet with dew and just beginning to open? Well, somehow Beth put that into a bottle.

I love rose scents and this one manages to skip being cloying and irritating - Beth does amazing roses!

In the bottle, roses, straight and true.

On the skin this is strong floral roses at first but after just a few moments it wisps away to almost nothingness. Then comes back. It went through several peek-a-boo stages of floral and not-there, when the rose scent would sort of sneak back into the gorgeous, wet, aquatic scent. Very very fresh and pretty.

DEFINITE big bottle

First Impression: Slightly reminiscent of Midnight.

Second Impression: Light and sweet roses with a decidedly wet feel, wet as in delicate dew drops.

Final Analysis: Another wonderful rose blend. Moon Rose will definitely fight wth Persephone for my favorite rose perfume.

Moon Rose is absolutely lovely. Beautiful, airy, clear, expansive, luminous rose which is neither cloying nor heavy nor powdery nor soapy. It's walking the fine line between "ethereal" and "clean" so can I say it's "spotlessly ethereal"? Perhaps! Lasted a decent 3-4 hours before fading. I sense a big bottle forthcoming, yes.

This one smelled nice and light out of the imp.

It is light and slightly sweet, but sophisticated. It’s how Yves St. Laurent Paris ought to be (like a toned down version of Paris almost). I could see wearing this to a classy dinner or to a job interview. The description says gender neutral, but I don’t think I would like it on a man, I think it is too girly. Maybe on a man the body chemistry would give you a different scent. I like it a lot, I think I will add a bottle to a future order. It still doesn't compete with my top 2 or 3, but it is a nice one.

And now... my review.

I'm normally a bit gun-shy about rose scents. As long as there are many fragrances intermingled with the rose, I don't mind it. However, with Moon Rose, there are only two other scents blended with the rose, so the rose scent is predominant. I barely noticed the dewey fragrance, though I did note it once or twice, and to be honest I have no clue what moonflower smells like, so all I got from this one was rose, rose, rose. To be honest, I thought I had gotten a sampler of a single note fragrance rather than a blend, until I looked it up on the Lab's site.

VorpalBunny is right, in my idea, when she says that this doesn't appear to be a gender neutral scent. My boyfriend would probably run around the apartment screaming his head off if I put this on him.

It's a soft, gentle scent, yes, and very potent. You don't need to put a lot of this on for it to go a long way, and I think I actually crossed the threshold of acceptable amounts, since I did get actually a little sick to my stomach, and this was after dabbing Moon Rose to my wrists and neck. That's it.

For those of you keen on rose scents, this would do the trick. For me, though, I must say this didn't work, but I'm glad the Lab sent this to me. I'm the kind of individual who is very finicky with florals, but all the same, the Lab really did well in creating this scent.

-doreen

I love roses. From the myths around them, the rich folklore, their beauty and the ability to eat them, I love roses. They, next to wisteria, are the flowers that populate my dream garden. You know, the one I get to enjoy but don’t have to work in? :P

Moon Rose is the perfect rose scent. Tuberose, I believe, which has for me the earthiness of the soil along with the soft floral of the flower without the cloying sweetness of other rose scents. This is what I smell in my head when I think ‘rose’. However, it’s not a scent I would ever wear. I’m desperate for a masculine rose, if such a thing could ever exist. Butch it up a bit, maybe with some white musk or something. I’m not sure… but that I would wear. This, however, is an excellent scent that I’ll use for my room in the winter when I’m anxious for the spring and the scent of green growing things.

I'm in a non-flower phase right now but this one is very nice. If I'm going to wear flowers I want strong ones like rose, gardenia or jasmine. Nothing cutesy.

Moon Rose is strong and clear without being overpowering. There is something about the smell of rose that is floral without being too...for want of a better word....girly. It doesn't smell gender neutral to me...it would have to be a VERY secure man who'd be willing to wear it. :P But it is feminine without being prissy.

Thumbs up. Me like. Me wear, Me maybe buy a big one.

Soft rosey fragrance--soapy & watery in a good bubble bath way. I know I've sniffed this before--my granny was an Avon lady & it reminds me of her house & the hours my mother sister & I would dig through the shoe boxes under the beds in her house of all her samples & orders. :P

Doesn't seem to last that long on me, but I like the youthful rosiness of it.

To me, this is the nicest rose scent so far I've tried. It is subtle and soft, sweet, wet rose. I like it alot, it's misty and cloudy... a little elusive. Wonderful! Beth can make anything smell great.

Moon Rose is such a lovely rich scent. It reminds me of my mother's rose garden; she had such huge luscious roses that when the dew gathered on them it almost looked like they were bleeding. My dad grew moon flowers all along the fence line of our garden and this perfume oil reminds me of the scent of the night blooming moonflowers and the wet velvety smell of the roses. It dries down into a beautiful sophisticated scent that feels a little mysterious but still captures that wet sensual smell of the dew covered garden. No powdery notes in this one at all!

Love roses. Love the Moon. Can you say BIG BOTTLE??

This is gorgeous. I love roses so much, and yet most rose perfumes are so bad. Clearly Beth is on to something the makers of other rose scents are not, b/c hers are just fabulous--true roses from the garden, not half-dead refrigerated florist ones.

I think of rose scents as "special, dressed-up" sort of things, since I like greenish florals for everyday. But since I'm always looking for something to celebrate, I'm gradually collecting all of Beth's rose scents, and she has one for every mood--Black Rose for Gothy vampiness, Blood Rose for big-dates like the theatre or opera...and now Moon Rose for special daytime things, like tea parties and afternoon weddings.

Which is a long way of saying: completely :P

With the name "Rose" in the title this one was placed at the end of my "to try list". Rose scents bother me, they're old lady, perfumey, stinky like. bleh.

So...yesterday I was like "Well fuck it, I wanna wear something new", so I grabbed Moon Rose and dabbed it on before heading off to school. Daammmnnnn, this is a kind of rose scent a gal could get used to! It was wonderfully "smooth" and not at all harsh or stingingly strong like most rose scents I've come to dislike. It's weird..I mean, it's a strong perfume (I still smell it quite strongly on me this morning as I sit and type this..pre-shower), and the rose is strong, but it's just not gaggingly rose. It's very sort of mellowed out and feminine and...rich. I love it immensely!

Very soft, dreamy, misty floral - I can barely tell that it's rose at all. Ethereal and translucent describe it exactly; I picture a moonlit garden of white roses and other flowers. This is lovely.

It's not very strong on me - I have to put my nose to my wrist to smell it - but it seems to have good lasting power for such a delicate scent.

This is a very light and clear rose, though any rose scent will still pack a punch. This inspires whitish-pinkish images, methinks. There's a faint almost sugary-sweet smell lurking in the background, and the whole scent hovers only one step from cloying. This is an interesting smell that makes me keep checking it again and again to see what it's going to do.

As all the other reviews have said, Moon Rose's description is PERFECT.

It's rose with a dewy scent at the end, rose and water and air and light.

It's like Beth combined mist and rose in a bottle, cool and quiet and sophisticated.

On my skin, at first it was about 50-50 mist and rose, pale pink and soft. The mist-smell faded after a while until it was mostly rose, maybe slightly baby-powderish, but I like babypowder, so that was all good.

This is what I would wear if I was in a quiet mood, calm and ladylike, or trying to get there.

Man, I love rose. This scent makes me want to wear pearls and lace and drink tea from a cup and saucer.

Another blend aptly named. Moon Rose is so delicate, it clearly evokes the soft grey light of the moon falling on a serene and motionless garden. As at night, when flowers close, the rose is also muted here in the most delightful way. A cool, pale white haze settles over it for me, blurring it until it’s met with an almost marine note. It’s noctural and lovely. Like radiating a dusky white light.

I love BPAL’s rose blends and this is no exception. It’s so gentle and calming that I find I want to wear it to bed at night.

Moon Rose

I got this as a gift from renaissancerouge. Thank you so much!

Preconceived notions: I associate rose with the Full Moon, and this was called Moon Rose, so I thought it would be perfect for the Full Moon.

In the vial: Rose, and something soft and light.

On me: Rose, a very pale rose, but it’s definitely overshadowing that other light smell I first got. It has good wafting power, too, and it’s a very elegant rose.

Within the first ten minutes, I notice something sharp and sour biting at me when I sniff my wrist. Hmm... not sure what I think about that. Luckily, it’s gone quickly, but that leaves it smelling just like rose.

After an hour: Still rose.

Final impression: Have I mentioned “rose”? It’s a nice rose, but nothing really amazing, and really, I don’t want to smell like just rose. I think I'm going to hang onto my other Full Moon oil blend for now, though if Beth decides to make up some Moon Phase blends, I'd definitely try that.

Oh, I had been dying to try this one. I love roses.

First impression: roses with a hint of light sharpness.

Drydown: understated, elegant sexiness. A woman's scent. Lots of rose.

This smells divine on me. I love the rose but it didn't last long on me. Another keeper for me. :P

Tihs was a freebie in my order, and I'm really glad I got to try it. I have some negative connatation with roses, but this one? was REALLY nice

When I opened the imp, I smelled roses. On my skin? Roses. It dried to a distinct rose scent, but as others have said, there's something that makes it wet. I really liked this, it was what rose perfumes SHOULD smell like.

I think this is the closest I’ve come to really liking a rose scent and that’s saying a lot. Initially, I was offput by Moon Rose, because the roses were quite apparent. I just don't like roses, but they were very beautiful. White, clear crystalline. Ghostly describes it beautifully. In two or three hours, it doesn't seem so much like a rose scent. I can tell it's a white floral, but it's so soft and beautiful. It makes me think of a beautiful woman in a white floaty dress, standing in a moonlit garden. The non-rose smelling hour could have just been a fluke, though.