Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

A crisp, pale, almost translucent rose dusted by moonflower and midnight dew.

I adore rose scents so I was eager to try this one. Unfortunately, it's not rosey enough for me. I get the rose when I open the imp but when the oil gets on my skin, it sort of becomes a generic floral scent with a green hint to it. I get barely any rose at all.

My Impression: If Rose is your favorite note you should love this rose mixed with a crisp cleanness and just a hint of herbal...One of the nices roses scents I have tried :P

I am having a run of bpal luck...I FIANLLY found a rose that doesn't go powdery! This perfume actually smells the same in the bottle and on my skin. I adore it. The rose and moonflower combine to smell floral and sweet without being too much, if that makes any sense. I think the "dew" flavor keeps it a little clean. I have been bathing in this since I got it. Snake oil is getting jealous. :P

In the bottle: In the bottle the scent of wet petals after the rain a slight sweet natural scent.

Wet: Roses true fem. roses. Not the scent of synthetic scents but a true natural beautifully blooming scent

Drydown: This suddenly is dusted with memories, the icy chill of a ghost walking by, a ting of fog at night, but hanging on is still the dew on the roses

Overall: A nice fem. scent to make any rose loving girl feel sexy without smelling like her grandmother. This is a modern rose that doesn't smell like potpourri and you can wear without smelling like an old ladies purse.

seems somewhat traditionally perfumey. i like it, but its a little bland. obviously, a good rose scent, but no greeness. I like the edge of some of the more green scents, this is very cold, but not as "fresh" as some of the other rose scents. overall, its a nice blend, but not one i love.

This is hands down my favorite BPAL rose scent! I haven't tolerated rose scents very well since my first pregnancy, and I've been looking for one that my husband likes and that doesn't irritate me. Moon Rose is it!

It reminds me very strongly of a perfume I wore in the '80's called "Maroc" by Revlon, I believe. Smells exactly like it to me- and brings back good memories.

The last new scent to try for a good long while. (Darn you, brokeness!)

In the vial - At first whiff, I could smell the moonflower coming throught clearly (I only know the scent because of where I work. *laughs*), but then a soapy smelling rose overpowered it. Hrm.

Wet - Same as above, really.

Drying - ...wow, this is a strong rose. A little goes a long way. It is a VERY true rose, though, the scent of walking through wet rose bushes. I'm waiting for more moonflower, though.

Dry (1.25 hours later) - Well, it's rose. Not the kind that's super strong, not the kind that super faint. It's just rose, almost like a pure rose oil.

Overall - Not really all that exciting. It works better on me than The Empress does, since it's not nearly as dry, but it's just too... ROSE, I guess. I still prefere Ace of Hearts with it's slight watery feel from the lotus. It's not BAD, just not great.

A frimp in my last order. Thank you, lab!!

This is *gorgeous*!

Ahhh, beautiful rose. :P

So delicate, so pure with the tiniest bite.

It does beautiful things with my body chemistry.

I've placed an order for a 5ml already

In the imp: Strong wet green smell, rose barely discernable.

Wet and drydown: The rose is more apparent wet, it's a green rose but a very soft green rose. It really does feel like I'm smelling roses wafting on a warm spring breeze. Very nice, natural rose.

Overall: I don't know about the throw of this oil, but it lasted a long time on me, compared to any of the other oils I've tried. It lasted through 4 hours of school strongly, and 1.5 hours of that was hip hop dancing. I really like it, but I have other rose scents to try. It may stay or it may go, I haven't decided for sure yet.

This is another one that first struck me as mildly generic. It's the "pale rose" bit that gets me, I think--I've fallen across too many faintly flowery scents, so stuff like this always bores me at first. It's a pretty color, though, very pure-looking.

After a few minutes, the rose comes out more, and weirdly, it does smell distinctly like roses at night. Like it's the only flower that's blooming, and there's dew beading on the petals. The scent fades quickly, left me a little bereft by the end.

Huh. I'm not sure how much the BPAL description influenced this, but I suddenly stepped into that scene. Wow. I don't think this one's a keeper, but I definitely like it a lot more than I anticipated.

In the Bottle: Wet light gentle subtle roses. Light and white and beautiful.

Dry: A bit of the fabric softener dryer sheet, but with the rose balancing it it isn't in your face like in Dirty. This is wet and pure light rose and simply gorgeous. This reminds me a lot of L'Occitane's Eau du Val.

1 out of 10: 9 Buy Again: Good chance!

I got this as a frimp in my last order.

in the Imp: Delicate old fashioned roses

Wet: A few moments of really pretty rose fragrance and then soap.

Nice soap but not what I'd hoped for.

Dry: Still soap but fading fast.

Not for me but I'm just glad that I have Rose Red as my perfect Rose scent.

Given my love of all things rose, this had to be included in my wish list.

Origin: Bought an imp in a lot off eBay.

In the Bottle: I get a light, crisp floral that smells almost like violet, though violet isn't one of the components in the description.

Wet: Interesting. I'm definitely getting a violet scent, but without that hideous acrid-ness that is normal when violet meets my skin. Perhaps that's the moonflower?

Drydown: The rose statrs peeking out, then blooms beautifully. It's clear and not too sweet.

Verdict: This is a beautiful scent, a lighter and less demanding rose that my 25&7 or Rose Red. I think I see a bottle of this in my future.

In the imp: Roses.

On, wet: Rose, rose, rosey rose rose.

First hour or so: Definitely all rose, no real hint of anything else. But I like it, it's a cool rose, and not an overpowering one.

Some hours later: Eventually it fades down to something else entirely, very light, very soft. Probably the moonflower? Whatever it is, I like it. I don't see myself buying a bottle of this, but I'll definitely use up the imp.

This is exactly what it describes itself as one me, a beautiful aquatic, reminiscent of Dirty, scented with the moonflower I recall from Midnight and Chiroptera, and rose. It seems like a very summer evening scent to me so i think I will wait until next spring to decide if I need more than my imp.

This is absolutely gorgeous. I love Beth's rose scents, they are all so different and special in their own way. This smells like a pink rose covered in dew. It goes on beautifully and dries down even nicer...you can smell the moonflower starting to poke its head out, which just makes the rose smell even nicer, to me. This is definitely a spring/summer scent and definitely something I need a big bottle of.

I smell floral in this, but I can't pick out any notes. The smell reminds me of playing in the pool in the summer when I was young. It's a really pretty floral, but I'm not a big fan of florals.

I love this scent. This is a crisp, fresh and dewy rose. It's quite subtle too so it doesn't overpower you. This one is a big bottle on its way to me!

Beth does wonderful things with roses and I'm forever grateful :P

Moon Rose is a lovely, light aquatic rose. I like it, but I prefer my roses to have a more 'red' vibe, a la Persephone or Whip. It's just too light; when I want to wear roses, I usually want it vibrant and loud, like red American Beauties, not soft sweet rose. Moon Rose is much lighter than Lucy's Kiss imo, which is the lightest rose scent I will wear. It's certainly beautiful, but just not me, which I never thought I'd say about any BPAL rose!

It might be really nice for those who don't like the darker or more 'in your face' rose blends.

A soft, light rose fragrance that somehow isn't too rosy. This is very pretty and fresh. Moon Rose would make a nice scent for the warmer months. I'm not so sure that I will be repurchasing this one, though. It just isn't quite "me."

I got this as a gift from a friend who also loves BPAL.

In the bottle it's rose + green, almost as if fern leaves were added to the rose petals.

On me it's a fresh, watery, translucent rose. It dries down to a bit of a soapy note but this is a nice soap, rather like that "just showered with Ivory" smell. And unlike some florals I've tried this one does last and has a decent throw.

Wore this to class and a woman sitting next to me commented how nice I smelled and that this didn't throw a six-foot wall of stink around me like some perfumes!

I would definitely wear Moon Rose, but this to me is more a spring/summer fragrance so any bottle ordering will wait until then. In the meantime, I'd say this is a nice scent to wear for casual occasions or when you want a sweet but subtle rose/green scent.

ooh, GAWD i love this. i am loving it more the more i wear it, and i'm very happy to finally find a hint of why you guys are all so crazy about this company since the first few imps i tried were a disappointment.

if eve is the "wrong" rose, this is the right one. i get flashes of being tiny and in my aunt's bathroom where rose just wafted everywhere. it is soft but lasts forever on me (i put it on before i went to bed and when i woke up it was still strong), it is romantic and sophisticated and a little sexy. i tend to cleave to warmer, vanilla-y scents but this just might make me stray. this is the first one going on my bigger bottle list.

ooooooh wow this is beautiful!

oh my god. I am in love.

This is a beautiful rose. it is not my ideal (ideal= a very fresh and light rosewater and glycerin kind of rose) but I will DEFINITELY wear this one!

It is not overly spicy and dry and powdery like those old lady perfumes. this is young and fresh and alive... I can almost see a fresh pink rose dripping with dew water.

I love this so much. Thank you Beth for creating such a beautiful rose.

I get very little actual rose from this blend (only little hints now and then for about an hour after it dries), so I assume what I'm smelling is moonflower. This is a lovely scent; very wet and dewy, sophisticated, and vaguely aquatic. If someone could bottle up a garden of pale flowers bathed with moonlight on a misty night, it would smell like this.

This oil actually has great throw and staying power on me – I wore Moon Rose out to a fondue restaurant last weekend and could still catch drifts of it at the end of the evening, when the rest of me positively reeked of food-and-oil (that lovely restaurant aroma! *g*) This scent is a little too heavy for me to wear daily, but it's just the thing for a classy night out on the town.

ITB: Rose with a kick! I don't know what moonflower smells like, but I'm guessing it's what is giving this a sharp edge.

On: Lovely rose, but with a difference. Like a pale rose, just past its prime. It is sweet, and very, very strong on me.

Dry: Sour soapy flowers with only a hint of rose. Alas, I really wanted this to work on me.