Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

A crisp, pale, almost translucent rose dusted by moonflower and midnight dew.

Moon Rose

This is a light, dewy rose. I'm not sure exactly what moonflower smells like, but I'm getting touches of a gardenia-like floral. This is so lovely and elegant... it really does evoke walking through a rose garden at night to my mind. I already have several rose blends I love, but none are this light and airy - this might be a bottle purchase. Edited by sunlitgarden

In Imp: fits the description, a nice crisp rose

On Wet: light rose, very light white musk, slight fruit note

Dry: hints of rose and White Diamonds

To me, it smells like White Diamonds (the old vintage perfume) with roses, that just how it develops on my skin.

It's a nice scent, but not a match for me. In my opinion it's for someone a bit older than me, because I can't carry such a scent successfully.

If you're looking for something exotic, this is not for you. If, however, you seek something pure and simple and utterly lovely, I would strongly recommend Moon Rose. It's - a rose, simple and pure and light with just the faintest touch of sweetness. When I smell it, I picture an exquisite girl with lovely, luminous skin, her frothy, white skirts spread around her on a sunlit lawn. That said, it smells a lot like Crabtree & Evelyn Rosewater.

I personally prefer London for when I crave ROSE, because it has a little bit more vigor to it, but I could picture myself wearing Moon Rose when I'm feeling in a delicate, pretty, and girlish mood.

In the imp: a soft, powdered rose

On my skin, wet: Rose, rose rose! Rose after rain.

On my skin, dry: A garden on a warm summer night. I'm picking up some other florals alongside the rose - perhaps gardenia? - and something faintly warming at the back of it all. This is a soft & subtle scent that works perfectly on my skin! I love it! :wub2:

Smells magical in the imp, but my weird skin chemistry turns it into something alternately harsh/bad kind of sweet. Worthy of a scent locket.

:::MOON ROSE:::

As a full fledged Cancerian, Moon Rose holds quite a bit of idyllic charm!

Rose (June's flower), "Moon" flower (huzzah for the Cancerian satellite) and night dew... The elixir of nocturnal kindred everywhere!

Rappaccini's Garden has yet to harvest anything that hasn't been top-shelf as far as GC formulas are concerned!

*Goosepimples*

From the Imp: Rose, Rose, and more Rose!

A thorny sonic boom of Rose!

Red Roses, Pink Roses, White Roses, Yellow Roses, Salmon Roses, and Chocolate Roses!

Eegad!

There is a bit of soapiness edging this so far, but it isn't as dry as it could be... It is, you guessed it, Rose-scented soap!

Not possible to discern Moon Flower or Night Dew just yet, but the Roses are in full bloom...

It almost feels out of place without cherubic archers, paper-hearts, and fancy confections.

On the Skin: This has got to be one of the more profound morphs experienced to date.

Rose and Soap have eloped on to some exotic locale for a holiday, and in their place what must be the beautiful, shimmering pastel blue, purple and white syrupy sweet Moon Flower and the Ozonic element that must act as the night dew.

After a few moments of drydown, the Rose comes back out for a dalliance. Very nice!

This is definitely one for the ladies!

It would also make a fantastic room fragrance...

The Wife: "it smells like a florists shop in here!"- "it also smells like some old lady put on too much perfume"...

This one will have to be a no.

It is lovely though, and deserves a 4 out of 5 at least.

Fear not! Rappaccini's Garden has produced another Blue Ribbon prize winner!

Sniffed: Wet, dewy and pale. This floral note must be moonflower.

On skin: Gentle, delicate and airy. I don't recognize the floral note (well, my extent of floral recognition is lily, rose, iris and chamomile), so this must be moonflower. A serene, celestial scent that evokes pale flowers resting in the blue-white glow of a full moon. Moon Rose is a watery pure floral like Danube, Water of Notre Dame, Helena and Amsterdam, so if you like those blends, this is a great showcase for moonflower.

Verdict: Very pretty, but this is a typical pure floral that doesn't really stand out. I already have a favourite pure floral in Water of Notre Dame, and Moon Rose isn't distinctive enough to beat that.

In imp: Rose is faint, almost nonexistent. Another floral note masks it -- presumably the moonflower, though it smells like jasmine right now.

On skin/Drydown: Still almost no rose. The moonflower warps into something like gardenia. Unfortunately, it reminds me of soap: that is, a good version of those crappy generic perfumes. Ugh, why does this happen to me?

Dry: ...Okay. Now I can smell the rose, and...it is indeed soft, pretty, and delicate. Along with the description, it calls up an image of white roses shining in the moonlight.

Verdict: I'm not sure about this one. It's only pleasant on me once it dries. I should try it again later...perhaps at a different point in my monthly cycle. :unsure:

I have a lifetime love-hate relationship with Yves St. Laurent's "Paris," in that I love the way it smells but it's so strong and potent I make myself feel ill if I actually wear it. Moon Rose is like a version of Paris that behaves itself and just sits quietly lovely, wafting the tiniest bit of misty ethereal flowers when you move.

I am so mad at myself for not getting around to trying this imp before the scent was discontinued!! Ah well, to the swap scavenger hunts it is...

Very soft aquatic-touched rose. I think it's either pink or red. It's a softly glowing, glimmering blend. Quite evocative of moonlight.

Very soft, budded and dewy rose scent. The softest rose scent I own. A tad soapy floriental like Clarimonde (but her with her amber) but not sudsy and irritating to the nose, just a little more clean scented. I think it's a beautiful and soft scent!!! I equate it with early morning or evening cool temperatures.

I love the idea of rose perfumes. I love the mysticism and softness and femininity. However, it's very rare I find one that works with my chemistry. My skin usually eats perfume, and rose seems to be the only exception - but it gives me a massive migraine. I received a sample of moon rose recently, and the first time I put it on, I dabbed gently. I smell the rose, but after a bit it fades to a pearly, silky white scent, almost sweet and a little powdery. (Not in a bad way. It smells expensive, feminine, and mysterious.) Now, upon smelling my wrist, I catch the faintest whiff of white floral. Moon Rose is a perfume I would turn to if I wanted to be powerful, sweet, and calming.

My Moon Rose imp looks like it's been around the block a few times. Wet, it's all rose, a soft realistic rose that does not go sour on me. Gradually gentle aquatic notes and what must be the moonflower emerge to create an almost silvery rose scent, lovely and evanescent. Not at all my style, though, so I will pass this one on to someone else who's curious to try it.

Wet: Rose and moonflower! The rose smells, unsurprisingly, a bit baby-powderish.

Dry: "Cold" moonflower with a hint of rose. Whatever the "midnight dew" note is, it smells more like something cold than something wet.

Back in the day, this was my first imp accident; I spilled a full imp alllll over an old bookcase in my room. When the scent finally disappeared (which took quite a while), I went to go buy a full bottle.. and realized the scent had been discontinued. Super bummer.

I'm so happy to have found another imp of this! 

The tragedy of falling in love with a scent that is long gone. Moon rose, from the old half full imp a friend passed on to me, definitely loves my body chemistry. The moonflower starts out the stronger scent in the imp, but as it dries down on my skin the rose blooms into a lovely, soft rose (cultivated, not wild, but still delicious all the same). The balance of the two is dreamy and lush in a way that pleases my brain. I will continue to hunt for anyone getting rid of an old supply.