Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

A crisp, pale, almost translucent rose dusted by moonflower and midnight dew.

Definitely rose, but a pale rose. Touched by a crisp and slightly salty ozone note. I would say this rose is more "wearable" than a lot of others.

I really was expecting to like this, but it just smells like overly perfumey rose...I'm starting to realize that I like my roses straight up, I think. This has some sort of odd generic floral feel that I'm not particularly fond of.

Sniffing the bottle, this is a soft rose scent.

Wet on my skin, this blends smells like aquatic roses. As it dries, it goes a bit bitter on my skin. This may have to go to the swap pile.

Quite nice and rosy and floral but sweet and crisp. However, it's nice but slightly bland and rosy.

3/5 It's good but I've smelt better.

Moon Rose is probably my favorite rose scent ever. It is so incredibly delicate, soft and feminine. Rose and moonflower balance together so well that it comes off as sweet florals rather than overpowering grandma. It is innocent yet sexy, soft and very understated.

In bottle/imp: Pale-blue, whispering rose. This is floral and slightly watery with a base of true rose.

Immediately on skin: This scent is downright pretty. It’s a true, watery rose matched with melancholy, cool, blue-smelling moonflower. It’s a very floral scent, but it has a very nice soothing, cool tone to it. This scent has a hint of clean ozone as well.

After a little while: This scent stays pretty much the same on my skin from first applying until over an hour later. It’s a clean, floral smelling mix of very cool, refreshing moonflower and a true, watery, pale rose note. It’s very pretty.

Overall Impressions: This is one of those scents that I smell and just go “wow, that’s so pretty!” It’s a perfume-ier scent, but not overwhelming at all. This blend smells sort of “clean” but also very cool and girly. It’s a perfect, simple blend of smooth rose and cool moonflower. This scent has a definite moonlight-drenched nighttime or hopeful early morning feel to it, There’s a tinge of watery ozone to it, but mostly it’s just those lovely flowers.

Imp: Doh! Soapy rose...

Wet: Extremely soapy rose...

Drydown: Okay the soap wore off but this smells nothing like rose. It's a perfume-y soft scent with an unidentifiable floral front and center. Not bad at all!

Overall: More like commercial perfume than most BPAL, but a much more well rounded scent than you could get from a department store. It'll probably be a real crowd pleaser too. Ethereal and pretty, I'll be hanging on to the imp.

Imp: rose. Rose with aquatic

Wet on Me: Still rose. Oh this might not be good. Rose amps bad on me.

Drying down: Rose. But metallic air freshener rose on me.

Dry: I give up. Fresh cut roses in a vase or fresh roses on the bush..my nose loves. Rose scent on ME? My nose and skin revolt and declare a fatwa on each other!

Imp: Creamy, soft rose.

Wet: Yet more, creamy, soft rose. Touch of aquatic.

Dry: Eh. Soft, creamy rose, a little of that sort of white musk moonflower drydown. Not generic but not doing wonders on my chemistry. Very prim in a weird sort of way. It makes me feel like a spinster school marm. Super asexual.

Throw: Mild.

Overall: I like it and could actually see retaining a bottle for those days when I just want to do my thing and be left alone and not be thinking randy thoughts because I smell like leather and musk. On the shortlist of wanted bottles but probably for a weird reason.

Other than Othello which is my favourite rose blend, this one is the only other rose blend that has been gorgeous in my opinion.

It's a light rose, it's an effervescent rose, translucent is a brilliant way to describe it. Kind of like the rose in Beauty & The Beast in the glass case that twinkles...

This is what I imagine Rose Moon to smell like (I haven't smelled it).

It's in no way too weak though, perfect amount of throw. It's delicate and light. This would be good for someone who is not too fond of rose because it's quite different, very girly.

:)

Edited by ouch!

This is rose (d'uh) but not overly sweet red red roses. This is like a dusky pink rose after it's been watered. For someone that really doesn't do florals too often, I'm surprised at how much I like this!? It's not my usual choice but it smells so clean and fresh that I could see myself using up the imp quite happily. It has a bit of a cheap bubble-bath scent feel to it but I think it's a good thing as it's not trying to be a posh rose. It's quite happy being just what it is - simple and cute. Keeper!

7/10. I really like this! It defies all previous logic, but I'm keeping it.

In the imp: Rose! But there's something else in the background making this not as sweet and cloying as a lot of rose scents can be.

Wet: Not that rosy at all! I am disappointed because I love rose scents, but at the same time surprised. i love this scent! It's powerful and translucent. A bit sharp and clean. Smells like the 'moon' in the title, not the 'rose'.

Dry: Blue and violet translucent herbs.

Overall: Not as rosy on my skin as it is in the imp, but still lovely and feminine. Translucent yet powerful. A definite keeper!

In the imp, I get rose, obviously, but with a bit of a saltier aquatic note.

On my skin, it's a soapier sort of rose, almost salty. Not really liking how its smelling so far. This just goes to soapy, salty rose, not really that good on me. Passing it on in swaps/sales.

Edited by Venneh

I had the exact same impression as Delirium1009 did! :)

It is such a deliciate rose floral with hints of aquatics.

Light and feminine. There's definite rose notes, but not at all overpowering.

Moon Rose really is the best name for this scent - it's so ethereal.

Anyone here ever use Nivea lotion? Because that's what Moon Rose smells like to me. I do like the scent, but not as a perfume for myself. Moon Rose is flowery, but I was looking for more rose, and I agree with the aquatic comparison. Ah well, pass.

Thank you labbies for the frimp! This is such a lovely scent. It doesn't really scream rose to me at all.

it is a soft, creamy, ethereal, nocturnal floral. Not sweet but not sharp either.

It is not an herbal scent, yet the rose and moonflower are so real that there is a "planty" element. Somehow it also smells like moonlight, a scent like a glow. Wearing it I feel calm and beautiful.

For such a delicate scent it is strong. I only dabbed the tip of the imp wand on my wrists and tops of wrists and that was enough. It lasts longer than many bpals do on me.

How does Beth get the luminous quality in this scent? And how does she get it to smell transparent like this? I've never worn a perfume that has this ghostly transparency. It is very unique.

Edited by Myrrha

This dries to a soft, slightly powdery and sour rose. It's pretty much like hotel rose soap. Not for me.

I love the smell of roses. I love them but as a scent they never do well on me, much to my disappointment, they age me!! So I was curious to see what this would smell like on me.

This is a beautiful light and airy scent. Very floral and rosey in a lovely subtle way. Still a little dated on me. I think this would be a nice bath oil!!

I've been trying a lot of rose scents lately because I love roses, but it's hard for me to distinguish what is so different about them. How do I go about choosing which rose scent to buy a bottle of without having 10 rose bottles?

I ended up getting this one as a frimp.

This is not straight up rose. There's something else here that was hard to come by. It hit me just as I scanned the reviews and saw the word I was looking for. Aquatic. Yes. This is rose with a hint of aquatic. It makes me think of the ocean, but it's not a sea salt ocean aquatic I smell. It's more like the calm ocean breeze being blown through roses. I can see myself wearing this oil in a light cotton sundress going out to dinner. I'd probably stick to the fruity scents for on the beach, so this is more like nighttime at the beach.

this one could not be more perfect in both name and description. in the imp, moon rose is such a delicate, translucent thing, all pale moonlight & ghostly flowers. once on, it sweetens into a definite rose, light and, again, so delicate. dewy.

after a time, however, the rose disappears & this one morphs into something i can't really identify but which makes me feel so sad; some sort of scent association with a time/place i can't exactly recall just now. that alone was enough for me to re-home this one, but then it went on to morph further into a very potent soap scent. not exactly unpleasant, but very much not me. :(

still, i am so glad i got the chance to try this one! i can't resist the lab's roses . . .

imp: a very misty rose scent.

wet: this scent never had a chance on my skin. this transforms into the most jarring, screeching rose perfume. guaranteed to make you cough because i am amping it to the heavens.

dry: this is powdery rather than soapy for once but still... my skin hates rose scents no matter how much i try to love them.

Wow, I was surprised at this one. For some reason things that have hippie names always hate me, but I was compelled to try this because I am desperately looking for a good ‘moon’ fragrance. Its gorgeous, and not only that, but it lasts forever without going through a lot of changes. The ‘Moon’ is a bright soft may moon, not pure white, but tinted gold, and the rose, oh the rose! Rose has always been vicious on me; my chemistry has never been good with ostentatious flowers, lilies, orchids, etc. However, this isn’t a pampered show rose, but a wild rose humbled by its occupation in an antique cottage garden, among night blooming stocks, sweet peas, sweet William and pinks all caught in a cool breeze. This scent truly evokes a late spring evening, when the ground is still warm from the sun, but the first stars are just showing in the sky. Absolutely lovely. for anyone timidly venturing into the scary realm of rose scents this would be a great place to start and stay awhile.

Edited by Lockwoodsdream