Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
LadyLuckless

Sweet, sweet florals

Queen Mab, definitely! it's orchid, it's like a very sweet, luxurious bath product. pretty awesome and incredibly femme.

how come no one mentioned Black Dahlia? that was OOOOOOF!!! cloying on me. incredibly sweet, to the point of sickening. Has it been discontinued?

Kali faded to sweet florals and honey on my skin once dry. if you're not one to amp the choc or the wine, go for it!

Dia de los Muertos is sweet and floral, but has a somewhat smoky-resin-ish note to it, as well as LOTS of brown sugar at first.

Xiuhte wasn't too sweet on me, actually it started off a little gender neutral with the copal and orange hitting first. Then it fades into very light blooms that are creamy and awesome. I think there's Peony in it.

oh! DELIGHT. Try that. sweet, heavy, heady to the extreme. pretty cool.

Well, anything lotus or magnolia will work in terms of sweeeeeeetness. Orchid is sweetness that works on my skin. The other two really don't. Peony is lovely and sweet, but not extremely sweet so I'm not sure that qualifies.

i concur with tartchef ... a newer scent that i love which i'd classify as a sweet floral is marcilla of the carnaval. sugary, honey-slathered, musky lilacs and lilies with just a hint of tea. mmm.

Edited by eatingthesea

I think my mum is jealous of me smelling so good all the time- even though we have different tastes in perfume (I like stuff like Snake Charmer and Death Adder, she loves florals). She wants me to get her a bottle of something floral and sweet for her birthday in August, so the sooner I can get some imps to test the better.

Any more recs for honeysuckle? She likes jasmine too, which I loathe :P It looks like Eos has both, and Juliet and Euphrosyne have jasmine or honeysuckle, so I'm gonna try and find those.

I think my mum is jealous of me smelling so good all the time- even though we have different tastes in perfume (I like stuff like Snake Charmer and Death Adder, she loves florals). She wants me to get her a bottle of something floral and sweet for her birthday in August, so the sooner I can get some imps to test the better.

Any more recs for honeysuckle? She likes jasmine too, which I loathe :P It looks like Eos has both, and Juliet and Euphrosyne have jasmine or honeysuckle, so I'm gonna try and find those.

Eos and New Orleans =)

Jasmine and honeysuckle are one of my favourite combos and both are great notes to me. The list:

Love Me: Of course, only if she's not weirded out by the concept of Voodoo oils. To my nose, this is a perfect jasmine/honeysuckle/lotus with a touch of wood and something slightly musky.

Twilight: A really nice honeysuckle/jasmine note topped with lavender. Very womanly and commmanding.

Lolita: I think at this point we've rec'ed all the jasmine/honeysuckle blends in the GC. If it doesn't weird you out to give your mother something called Lolita, this is a really pretty verbena/honeysuckle blend.

Hermia: A bit of an unusual scent. Sweet and pretty pink pepper with a lovely honeysuckle note and passion flower.

Mata Hari: A lovely rose/jasmine blend with some vanilla and coffee.

Euphrosyne: Sweet jasmine, gardenia and rose with a nice vanilla base.

The Obsidian Widow: This one is really unusual, but I find that the jasmine and attar of rose are a gorgeous blend together.

Veil: Just recommending it because it's one of my favourite florals. Sweet purple-blue florals with a touch of sandalwood and that sugared edge you get from TKO and the Perilous Parlor/Attrocious Attic.

The violet in Faith made me realize that I do love violets. And Hope made me love rose, which I usually run from. :P

Aside from those, I've got a few favorites in the sweet floral category (which I love too)

Daiyu

Purple Phoenix - this is the most purple scent I've ever smelled, sweet purple florals

Euphrosyne

The Flower Song

Black Lotus (lotus is always a sweet floral to me)

GLASGOW. Seriously, it's these gorgeous pink girly florals.

Like others have said, 2, 5 and 7. Lotsa roses and a smidge of fresh-cut grass.

Twilight is stunning-- it's jasmine and honeysuckle and it's floral and strong, but it's not girly-- it's confident!womanly.

The Attrocious Attic is predominantly rosey, with soft florals in the background. I amp rose like no one's business, and this was very strong and rosey on me. Also, Peacock Queen for pretty, fresh roses. Srsly.

Harlot is a soft rose blend, but very subtle on me.

Erm... this one might be a little weird: but... Yvaine. Lavender (which is dominant initially, don't be put off) but which, when it calms down, goes to this lovely ethereal lily-and-lilac-ish blend.

As others have said, Marcilla is very floral, too, bluebells on me, and she's lovely. On the Grindhouse ladies, Gwyneth is also floral-- roses again, but with some other quirks.

Oh, and this was recc'ed to me from Cordia: Mouse's Long Sad Tale: adorable sweetpea ftw, there. Seriously, it's gorgeous. :P

Regan went to chocolate on me. Totally not noticing the florals-- there's some orchid in there, but mostly chocolate. :D

Edited by LadyLuckDoubt

Tamano-no-Mae is a gentle, creamy, sweet floral that just smells plain AWESOME.

Marae is a slightly fruity gardenia blend that is gorgeously sweet and just lovely.

ooh.. I m alo a HUGE floral~fan!

untill now I like Desdemona a lot, Helle s Belle, Poisson d Avrl & more which I can t think of right now :P

Recently i've had a craving for a sweet, gentle, sugary floral. One that doesn't necessarily smell green. Any recommendations for something close to fairy market or the hanging gardens without the 'green'?...with maybe some added sweetness like asian pear (not necessarily this; it's just asian pear makes florals smell really sweet/sugary) I love the light, ethereal quality coming from it.

Thalia, mad kate and titania all smell wonderful but lose too much by the time they dry down.They end up smelling like a single bunch of the same flower but what I want is an an abundance of them.

I'm currently only on the look out for Spirit of the Komachi cherry tree and peacocks.

Edited by celestia

Celestia, have you tried Love-in-Idleness? I think it's one of the unique sweet florals, it's hard to put my finger on what gives it its personality, but it's lovely. Regan may seem like an obvious choice, but if you haven't tried it, it's such a pretty orchid and vanilla combo and the whole is greater than the sum of its parts (I know there's stephanotis in it too and I suspect there might be another flower or two.) =) Another one that might seem obvious is Juliet - it has the pear note that you're craving as well as a variety of gentle sweet florals.

A little different from what you specifically requested - but something that you might like - Kitsune-Tsuki is such a pretty floral with a sweet hint of fruit. (The notes are Asian plum, orchid, daffodil, jasmine and white musk.)

On the harder to find list, but worth trying - Beth's original Black Moon from two years ago is a very nice pear-floral combo and although the Lune Noire that arrived this year is beautiful, this first incarnation was a lighter and gentler perfume IMO.

Once you've made your way through your must-try list, I'd suggest making an effort as many orchid blends and lotus blends as you can squeeze in. Lotus has a reputation of smelling like bubblegum but I find that Beth offsets that effect and uses its sweetness to an advantage in many, many perfumes (and I like the smell of bubblegum every now and then :P )

ivyandpeony always to the rescue. You've helped me a lot with the few posts ive made. You're a gun. :P

I've made a note about trying love-in idleness as well as regan (i love vanilla scents now it seems ;O;) and Juliet.

I've tried kitsune-tsuki and it did smell pretty and lovely! Problem was that it didn't strike as 'outstanding' or something special enough to hang onto.

I'm personally not a huge fan of lotus because of the bubblegum aspect so unless a variety of florals and sweet, sugary notes are present, i tend to avoid it.

The original black moon sounds GORGEOUS ;O; and i'll definitely keep it in mind- though the reality of ever getting to test it is probably slim-none.

Edited by celestia

Katrina Van Tassel! I just got it today at long last and it is sooo lovely. A great balance of sweetness and florals (if you like rosy florals!)

Also, Zarita is very nice too! Orangey floral yumminess.

If you're willing to hunt down decants/bottles there are a few nice LE florals that range from reasonably popular to downright abundant:

Privilege: It's everywhere. There's a nice sweetness to this from the vanilla and it dries down to a clean, borderline foody floral. It's a very "white" floral but has a good throw and long lasting power.

Lady Luck Blues: Similar to Privilege but with a bit more "oomph." Tonka, benzoin and vanilla lend a really great resinous/vanilla base and the black plum shines along with the rest of the florals. It smells a bit debauched but in a vintage way. There's a touch of honey in here, too, which might work well if you like O.

Poisson d'Avril: A perfect springtime blend. A bit of a sugared edge but ultimately just a beautiful fresh bouquet of flowers with a bit of candy sweetness lurking underneath.

From the GC impables:

Kali: Red florals swirled over a darker, more wicked base of chocolate, wine and tobacco.

Tiger Lily: Perfect blend of fresh, clean lilies with a sweet swirl of skin-hugging honey.

Eden: It reminds me a lot of the Hanging Gardens but with a sweeter fig and more of a foody quality. Sweet and soft and feminine. A bit juicy.

Mata Hari: You have to let it completely dry down. SRSLY. Because it's kind of weird and gross while wet but when it's dry it's a perfect blend of florals swirled with vanilla, fig and a touch of coffee.

Love Me: No notes listed but I get a bit of honeysuckle/jasmine with lotus (I am a lotus amper and I can wear this one quite happily) and some sort of wood and musk base.

The Queen of Hearts: The cherry gives it a bit of sweetness and the lilies are amazing in this one.

Pele!

And I agree with Eos and Tiger Lily--two of my very favorites.

I suggest Persephone, too.

The two lunacies that I have (White Moon and Kindly Moon) are sweet and lovely florals as well.

Hello,

I was wondering if you could recommend some scents to me.

My scent taste changes every now and then, but lately I'm very much into sweet floral scents.

Like "The Witch Queen" (my favorite BPAL oil), "Belle epoque", "Queen Mab" and "Midnight on the Midway".

So I'm looking for sweet florals more than fresh florals.

Do you know any other scents that I might like?

I really don't like lemon or verbena kinda smells in a scent.

Oh and I have some trouble with amber (seems to give me a headache).

I don't mind heavy scents (light ones don't last very long on me).

Thanks! :)

Have you tried The East or Fairy Market? Both incredible, complex, sweet florals. Titania is a sweet fruity floral. Marie is a combination of rose and violet- very sweet and very nice. Hope and Faith from Carnaval Diabolique are sugared rose and sugared violet. Lady Lilith is a LE, but is easy to find on the forums- it is also a very nice sweeter floral. If you don't mind vanilla, try The Mouse's Long and Sad Tale- it is sweet pea and vanilla...very sweet. It has amber listed as a note, but I sometimes have issues with amber, too, and I don't detect it at all.

Hope these help!

I love sweet florals, too! Lotus is an incredibly sweet floral, so I'd definitely recommend Black Lotus or Blood Lotus. Tiger Lily has been discontinued, but you may be able to find it on the forums -- it's honeyed lily. Tamora is a sweet fruity floral. Litha is honey and assorted florals; another LE but usually pretty easy to find.

Do you like lavender? TKO is all sweet marshmallowy lavender.

Thanks for the suggestions both!

Fiddledragon I just got a bottle of Litha in my mailbox, and it is very nice.

If you like licorice, To-Day Will Die To-Morrow (Siamese benzoin, white lilac, tuberose, aniseseed, and white carnation) from the current Garden of Proserpine line is a good, unconventional sweet floral. The benzoin and anise give it an almost candylike base.

High Strung Daisies smells like sugar syrup on me... very candied and sweet. Oh hey look sugar is a note listed!!!

Daisy, pink carnation, pink pepper, and sugar.

I second Pele! I got a frimp of it when I ordered from the lab, it smells very fresh floral.

I would also recommend Viola too, cause somehow it turns floral on me.

Nice to see this thread back up! I am a huge fan of sweet florals and managed to add a few to my must-try-sometime list. c: Here are some others that I don't think I've seen in this thread yet.

The Unicorn - A misty, almost luminous perfume: wispy linden blossoms, white flowers, and a touch of sweet herbs.

Love - Marshmallows and rose sugar with whipped vanilla cream and a hint of strawberry.

Mariposita - Her hair smells like soap and lavender, her skin smells like honey and sunshine, and everything is touched by the scent of the strawberries she's always eating. (more of a fruity sweetness, but the lavender keeps it floral)

Daphne Honey - The description just says "Daphne Honey", but it's a gorgeous sweet blend of honey-ed florals that never gets too cloying.

TKO - Smells like a marshmallow lavender on my skin, very yummy.

Reflected Vulva - Sweet pea, cherry blossoms, and sugared cream.

I personally ADORE The East, Fairy Market, Hope, Faith, 2,5 & 7 and Titania as well. Sadly, Mouse's SLT, High Strung Daisies and Alice didn't work on my skin. :c

Edited by Xylis