Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
flco

Romantic Scents

I met someone back in November, we became friends, we kept in touch after he went back home over MSN and Skype, and I'm finally meeting him again in about a week and a half because we live pretty far away from each other (NYC-Canada!). We've had feelings for one another since around Christmastime and we're sort of, well, together now. Just thinking of him makes my heart jump into my throat and my voice cracks when I try to speak to him about awkward subjects and it's been this way for several months now. It's the butterflies in my stomach, it's the feeling of crushing on someone, which I haven't done in the longest time. It's the unexplained attraction and innocent longing. Is there a scent that could embody this feeling? I know that if I get it now, it won't come in time for his visit, but I tend to pick up scents to embody every memory and the feelings they evoke. :P

Abhisarika!

I also find the current The Presence of Love a bit similar. It makes me happy when I wear it.

Delirium!

I second the recommendation for The Presence of Love, too. Although I find it less giddy than Delirium.

First of all: congratulations, and good luck! :D It's one of the most wonderful feelings in the world. I'm really happy for you, and trying to refrain from squeeing all over this post. :D

It might be that I personally associate this sort of feeling with a specific time in my life and the scents I was wearing, though, so I'm not going to be terribly objective about this. :P

Lolita

Kindly Moon

Poisson d'Avril (and other sweet green florals in a similar vein: The Ghost, Asphodel)

Maiden

The Unicorn

Ah! Love is a marvelous thing. Congratulations!

Some beautiful scents that remind me of the first flush of love..

I Died For Beauty- The Venusian splendor of ylang ylang and violet stirred by hyssop, frankincense, and grave loam.- So achingly beautiful. I'm not a floral gal, but I really love this. The frankincense and grave loam really make this scent!

Jezebel- Biblical witch, priestess of Astarte, and general troublemaker. A true role model for today's upwardly mobile Modern Woman. A gloriously decadent blend of honey, roses, orange blossom and sandalwood.- Decadent is definitely the word for this perfume.

Les Bijoux- Skin musk and honey, blood-red rose, orange blossom, white peach, red apple, frankincense and myrrh.- Very sexy, a bit sweet. This one unfolds slowly. Gorgeous!

Suspiro- A Latin word that means to sigh or draw a deep breath, that also suggests longing, desire, yearning, and a passionate wish. Ylang ylang with white plum, white orchid, jasmine, calla lily and lily of the valley.- Another floral unlike any other.

Scherezade- A master storyteller who possessed unfailing courage and compassion, a sharp, quick wit, and a true understanding of human nature. Saffron and Middle Eastern spices swirled through sensual red musk.- Sexy and soft. I love this one.

I second Maiden.

Other lovely ones are Aglaea (it's fruity and most obviously romantic blends are floral) and Euphrosyne. And if you like sweet and somewhat heavy scents, kurukulla.

i see envy's one of your favorites in your sig, as it is one of mine, so i'd recommend the passionate shepherd to his love...sweet green floral...though it does lack the mint. and highly appropriate as a love poem scent :P

For some reason unbeknownst to me, and defiant of any rational explanation, Bakeneko to me smells like falling in love. Perhaps I have just been bewitched in the past by one of those capricious little kitties...

I don't know if this topic already exists but I couldn't find it, so feel free to delete if this has been done!

I'm a huge sucker for novels, and I've just finished Far From the Madding Crowd, so I'm looking for a romantic, true love type of perfume. Not an in your face sexy but something maybe a bit creamy, but also airy and with a classic romantic tone. It could have any notes really, I just want to know if there's any perfume you guys associate with romantic love and all those cuddly feelings.
The only one I've seen recommended in this regard was Chuparosa but it has a bit too much cinnamon for me :( any ideas/suggestions? :wub3:

The Waltz is the most romantic scent to me :)

Yes, The Waltz has such a romantic feel!

Personally, I think Snow white and Pink Snowballs are romantic and also Body Remember.

I agree with the above, The Waltz is super romantic, to me Body, Remember is very sensually romantic as well.

Immediately though, I thought of The Bride from this year's Lupers - in my notes I wrote "the most romantic floral".

It's a bit hard to find, but to my Katrina Van Tassel is pretty romantic, to me. Same with Hesiod's Phoenix, but in more of a warm, snuggly way.

I find La Cloche Fêlée romantic, in a haunting sort of way.

Oooh, thank you for all the interesting recommendations! The Waltz is lovely and I definitely need to stop neglecting my Katrina Van Tassel decant out of fear of running out :blush2: other than that I haven't tried the others, but the description (and the poem) for Body, Remember is so amazing :bunnyluv: I want to try it now!

Roses, Pearls and Diamonds also sounds right up my alley!

Despite it's name, I've found the original release of Signore Dildo to be quite romantic, and Ragged Wood. As far as GCs go, I agree with Roses, Pearls and Diamonds and would also recommend Lucy's Kiss. It's a nice spicy rose scent that doesn't scream "seductive" to me despite the lab's description.

I second Roses, Pearls and Diamonds, which really does smell exactly like those things (I'm not regularly a coconut fan, but this doesn't smell tropical at all, just pearly), Lucy's Kiss (to me this is gentle spices and white rose) and The Ragged Wood (judging by the other scents you like, FeralFae, like Elf, I think you would really like this one).

If you're up for hunting for it, Fresh and Blooming as a Rose, which was one of the Snow Queen scents from the Trading Post this past Yule, is a dreamy blend of light snow, white rose and white amber and is rather romantic. In the general collection I recommend Ave Maria Gratia Plena (unless you really hate any of the notes - I like them, though; I find the flowers light but persistent and the sandalwood comforting and warm) and Victoria from the Stardust line, which is one of my absolute favorites.

Seconding (thirding?) The Bride. And not just because it was my wedding day perfume. It's the white floral for people who normally avoid white florals, very feminine and delicate. And if you want to take it from romantic to sexy, you can layer it with O to amp the honey musk.

A romantic scent, to me, is creamy and cuddly, soft and sensual. Dorian wins it for me, because it hits all those adjectives, and it's GC, and as a bonus, Beth created it for Puddin - how sweet!

Mouse's Sad and Long Tale, Katrina van Tassel, Snow White, and The Waltz are also quite lovely in the same kind of way, even though they all smell so very different.