Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
dany06

Baby Scent

Hi guys Im really interested in finding a fragrance that smells like a baby without smelling completely like baby powder or johnson and johnson. I really want to find the smell of a new born baby. What would you all recommend?

My word should probably be disregarded since I'm not too fond of small blob-like children (and therefore don't make a point of holding them, let alone sniffing them), but I'll give it a shot anyway because this scent has been one of my recent 'ooh!' discoveries.

Mr. Ibis. It's clean but so comforting. Subtle (I'm talking skin scent, here). Radiant (almost angelic). Androgynous. If babies smelled like this, I wouldn't mind holding one for a minute or two. :P

We've got a thread on rec's for small children over here - not a lot of babies mentioned, but a few scents have come up repeatedly for the wee ones: Dana O'Shee, Alice, White Rabbit, Dragon's Milk... Personally, Sudha Segara is what reminds me of when my son was tiny - sweet & glowing skin :P

Depending on your chemistry, you might get powder from amber or orris, which could suggest freshly-diapered baby bottom... Maybe Dragon's Bone or the Darkling Thrush for orris; Haunted, Jacob's Ladder or Brisingamen for notoriously powdery ambers... out of all of them, the Darkling Thrush feels like the best fit - it's a sweet, quiet scent, very close to the skin... one of my favorites.

Edited by tartchef

I was wearing Tamora last week and a friend said I smelled like a baby's head (in a nice way, since rereading that is creepy on many levels). Euphrosyne reminds me of Tamora without the peach notes but that same soft vanilla/floral skin scent.

I think of clean laundry when I think of babies, I think my SIL was overdosing on the fabric softener back in the day when my teenage niece and her little brother were babies. :P So I would suggest Dirty from the GC, Enraged Bunny Musk if you are into hunting down past LEs.

second the la petite mort recommendation

The scent of warm, damp skin flushed with the glow of passion, touched by the luxuriant potency of ylang ylang and myrrh.

on me it takes on this honeyed sweet skin smell, faintly powdery, that smells just like a baby....... it's on my bottle list for that reason :P

Someone said Black Pearl smelt like babies to them when I was wearing it, and they meant it in a good way.

Lady lilith has a really baby-ish smell to me too, Gladdener also.

Someone said Black Pearl smelt like babies to them when I was wearing it, and they meant it in a good way.

Lady lilith has a really baby-ish smell to me too, Gladdener also.

I second Gladdener and I also think Milk Moon 05 smells like a baby.

I'm staying at my Mom and Dad's right now and last night a friend of ours came over to visit and she brought her grandbaby Tei (OH MY GOSH CUTE!!!) and he smelled sooooo good! I asked my friend about it and she said it was his baby shampoo but couldn't remember what kind. I'll have to call her and make her look. It was that sweet clean smell almost beachy but not.

Sign in to follow this