Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Silverstar

What BPAL scents could represent a mermaid?

Hey, I am newer to this site and I was thinking about a scent that could represent a mermaid. An oceany scent that is very deep and mysterious and a little lonely and curious. That has a mystical, out of this world smell. I love Mermaids and would love a scent that embodies one.

P.S. I know you have Siren but Sirens and Mermaids a really very different.

Edited by ivyandpeony
tweaked topic title

I stay very much away from aquatic scents (they just don't agree with me), but I think Undertow might be just what you are looking for... very underwater-y and other-worldly.

Water of Notre Dame is glorious.

You might also want to try Pisces... it's a very lovely aquatic scent. Szepasszony is a gorgeous floral-watery smell, too.

Tears, Lightning, Tempest & Storm are also oceanic. Hurricane & Jolly Roger are too, but more merman than maid. You might consider layering one of these with a floral to capture essence o' mermaid.

Most any of the aquatic scents I would think. Do a search on the website's engine.

Edited to add:

Siren does not mean mermaid.

From Webster's:

siren

n 1: a sea nymph (part woman and part bird) supposed to lure sailors to destruction on the rocks where the nymphs lived; "Odysseus ordered his crew to plug their ears so they would not hear the Siren's fatal song" [syn: Siren] 2: a woman who is considered to be dangerously seductive [syn: enchantress, temptress, Delilah, femme fatale] 3: a warning signal that is a loud wailing sound 4: an acoustic device producing a loud often wailing sound as a signal or warning 5: eel-like aquatic North American salamander with small forelimbs and no hind limbs; have permanent external gills

Edited by VelvetSky

Mmmm, mermaid scent. Seaweed, fish, and lack of feet.

Okay, the way I READ that was as... lack of feet as in "lack of the scent of feet" :P

I think Undertow would work but we need something else for a Mermaid, maybe we will get one. :D

I had to bump this, because Thalassa is such the perfect personification of a mermaid to me. Feminine, but somehow salty and oceanic at the same time.

Try the 'Picnic in Arkham' scent Y'ha-Nthlei - it's aquatic but sexy, very . . . sinuous? The ambergris adds a fleshliness to an otherwise turquoise-green, shimmer-scaled oil. It makes me feel like a mermaid every time I wear it.

I had to bump this, because Thalassa is such the perfect personification of a mermaid to me. Feminine, but somehow salty and oceanic at the same time.

I'm going to agree with this very enthusiastically. Thalassa for me is the perfect ocean scent with a hint of a delicate feminine perfume.

Also ... Undertow, Jolly Roger and Bayou.

Great recommendations, but I didn't see Undine listed. I really like the way that one smells. Depending on your tastes I think it could fit the mermaid bill.

I feel like a happy water nymph when i wear Sea of Glass...it is not a wistful watery smell, but a salty grounded happy smell:) A water nymph out in the sunshine,sunning herself on a rock...

Could anyone please help me with a recommendation for an "evil mermaid"? :laugh: Something that screams "beautiful mystical creature luring unsuspecting sailors to a watery grave" or even something a sea hag might wear(aquatic but herbal?).

Thank you!

Could anyone please help me with a recommendation for an "evil mermaid"? :laugh: Something that screams "beautiful mystical creature luring unsuspecting sailors to a watery grave" or even something a sea hag might wear(aquatic but herbal?).

Thank you!

Maybe Undertow? Description says....

The Dark Side of Water: clean and purifying, yet menacing — lotus and juniper with a hint of mint. A scent dragged up from the depths to the Stygian shore.

Cthuhlu sounds like a -perfect- match...thank you! (Reading through Picnic in Arkham, it seems like R'Lyeh would also fit).

So Undertow, Cthulhu and R'Lyeh imps for my next order. Thank you guys. :biggrin:

I loved how oddly terrifying and un-Christmasy many Yules were last year...but skimmed over Boundless Vista at the time. Regrets!