Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Electra

Maiden Claw Polish

Gloss
A semi-sheer virginal nude with a hint of pink.

No reviews for Maiden yet? Really?

I am wearing Maiden today. First, the color -- this is a perfect "important business meeting" color. It's polished, professional, and chic. Maiden is a milky pinkish-whitish-nude, semi-sheer, in the vein of OPI Bubble Bath and similar polishes. It's very understated -- no one's going to notice your polish, particularly, it just makes your hands look impeccably groomed.

Next, the application. The first time I wore Maiden, I had a really hard time with the application -- my exact quote was "while it's a lovely color, my application was a streaky mess. I simply could not get it to apply evenly." I think the problem was using it over CND Stickey basecoat. This time I used it over Barielle Natural Nail Camouflage (a non-"grippy" basecoat) instead, and the polish went on much more smoothly and easily.

This color is very proper and innocent. Indoors it's a very light sheer nude and in the sun it has a little more pink. This color is a perfect one if you're not necessarily looking for attention, but still want your nails to look like you take care of them.

I applied a base coat, 3 coats of Maiden and a topcoat and my nails are sheer enough to show a little bit of white at the ends, but just opaque enough to hide any minor blemishes on my nails. The polish dried pretty fast, and didn't seem as streaky during application as Mme Moriarty did on me.

Edited by Delirium1009

Maiden is a very pretty, very basic milky pink. It's polish for when you don't want to look like you're wearing polish. If I knew a little girl who wanted to paint her nails I'd give her this! It also has a sorf of Sixties mod look to it, which I like. Very nice!

I can only wear neutral nail polishes to work (no fun at all!) and Maiden is perfect. It's a very sheer pale pink. One coat will be very glossy and see-through, and several will be slightly more opaque. I'm going to have to pick up another bottle of this soon.

I'll have to agree with the other reviewers that this is indeed a pinkish-white-nude polish. It's very subtle, and would be good for a workspace where my fav blue/black/green/glitter combo would be too much. :) It dries fast, but looks like it will need at least two, maybe even three coats, to impart any colour at all. Just a touch of shine and gloss.

I agree with the people above me as well. This is an excellent polish for when you can't wear flashy bright colors. This is perfect for wearing to work. And perfect for me as well. I haven't worn polish in years, mostly because I was just too lazy to apply and remove it, so this is the perfect color to ease back into it.

This polish is so sophisticated and lovely. Even with three coats, it's still slightly translucent, a pinkish nude that is very flattering on my skin. I am fair with a bit of pinkish undertone. This actually gave me a little illusion of a gold tone to my skin. I did a French manicure on my fingers with white tips, and it came out salon quality. The polish applies very evenly, no streaks. I'm far from a nail polish professional. For most of my life I refused to wear it, so it's not like you need expertise to get this looking good on you.

So then I coated it with Embalming Fluid polish because I can have sparklies, and wow! My nails look like opals in the light and neon green glow in the dark, best of both worlds!

This is my absolute go-to color for job interviews. It's a soft, slightly milky pink/nude. I think three coats looks best-it's definitely not opaque and you will see the nail line, but it is as delirium said-it hides the blemishes in your nails. I can see it being a wonderful french manicure base as well. Just a classy glossy pinkish nude that makes your nails look clean and lovely.

I have had no problems with the application or dry time (unlike some of the claw polish shimmers). I can't recommend this polish enough, especially if you work in a conservative office and need a perfect color that won't stand out but will make you look polished and put together.