Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Aliera

Caswell Massey's Elixir of Love #1 - Similar scents?

I'm a huge fan of Caswell Massey's "Elixir of Love #1". Here's a description:

Fragrance Family: Floral.

Fragrance Note(s): Jasmine, Lavender, Artemisia Absinthium, Egyptian Musk, Passionflower

Any recommendations for a similar BPAL scent?

I'm not so up on florals in general but Twilight does come to mind. Jasmine, lavender, and honeysuckle.

OMG, I LOVE Elixer of Love #1!

There is nothing in BPAL that smells very close to it, so I would suggest layering. Now, as to which ones to layer.... I'll have to work on it and get back to you! My big box o' imps is at home.

I, too, love Elixir of Love #1. While none of the scents I'm going to suggest are a direct match, they all have a bit of the same "feel" to them (to my nose, at least). I love each and every one of them, I do. :P

Peitho - "Lusty myrtle and jasmine with red sandalwood, stargazer lily, and clove over an opulent, rich bed of warm musk and bourbon vanilla."

Queen Mab - "Black orchid, sandalwood, night-blooming jasmine, osmanthus, Somalian rose, and Chinese musk."

Suspiro - "Ylang ylang with white plum, white orchid, jasmine, calla lily and lily of the valley." A bit lighter than my other suggestions, but the jasmine pairs so beautifully with the white plum that I can't resist listing it here.

Veil - My absolute favorite! "White sandalwood, lilac, gardenia, violet, orris, lavender and ylang ylang."

Good luck!

Edited by riddel