Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
cantabile

Baklava!

So, I guess the thread title is pretty self-explanatory. Lately I'm dying to smell like baklava, which isn't too surprising considering my love for all honey/nut scents. My beloved Dana O'Shee has those elements, obviously, but I do also strongly smell the milk and grain notes stated, which make it more of a grounded sweet scent. I want noticeably sweet and a little spicy, too.

I have an imp of Queen of Sheba on the way, which I have high hopes for. Any other suggestions?

I haven't had baklava in sooo long, I'd forgotten it existed......but now I can almost taste it :P Wow, I have to get me some!

I haven't tried any single scent that I think would smell exactly like baklava, but there are a few I can think of that have the same sweet spicy element to them. I'm sure you've already tried them though....

Dragon's milk (dragon's blood, honeyed vanilla) On me, dragon's blood is similar to a light cinnamon, and paired with honeyed vanilla, it makes the best spicy sweet scent I have ever found

Chimera (AGED!!!!) Fresh from the lab, it's very dark, mostly myrrh and cinnamon. But if you let it age at least 3 months, it becomes sweet honeyed spicy goodness

El dia de reyes! I know it's not exactly what you're looking for since it's chocolaty, but it's also spicy (cinnamon) and sweet (brown sugar) AND it's not in the notes, but many people (including myself) say hazlenut!

Good luck!

Edited to remove quote

Edited by SurrealReality

If you can, definitely try to get ahold of a bottle or imp of Wezwanie/Hold. It's got this honey/nut sweetness to it and reminds me very much of baklava or a similar pastry. It's delicious!

A friend of mine thinks that O makes me smell of baklava.

Queen = Spicy honey.

Try The Lion and Bengal (which smells like The Lion with added cinnamon on me)...both remind me SO much of baklava and are absolutely delicious.

Thanks for the recommendations, everyone. Looks like I need to update my to-be-tried list. I think Dragon's Milk is already on there (if not, it should be), but I'm not sure I would have thought of most of the others. Sadly, O is no good on me, but the rest look rad, and I'm dying to try Chanukkiyah now, yum.

If you can, definitely try to get ahold of a bottle or imp of Wezwanie/Hold. It's got this honey/nut sweetness to it and reminds me very much of baklava or a similar pastry. It's delicious!

What set was that from? I can't find it anywhere, and search turns up nothing. :P

Thanks for the recommendations, everyone. Looks like I need to update my to-be-tried list. I think Dragon's Milk is already on there (if not, it should be), but I'm not sure I would have thought of most of the others. Sadly, O is no good on me, but the rest look rad, and I'm dying to try Chanukkiyah now, yum.

What set was that from? I can't find it anywhere, and search turns up nothing. :P

It's one of the retail only salon scents. You should be able to get it from any of the authorized bpal retailers or you can look on the swaps forum here.

Oooh- how did I overlook this one?? It's got so many notes in it that I love! I've got a sniffie of it. I will be testing it at East Coast Will Call next week and might have to get a bottle.

For what it's worth, most of the other blends mentioned above don't smell that much like baklava to me. I :P Dragon's Milk but it has no honey in it at all. It's still a very warm and cozy and sweet scent though. (I am half Greek so I know my baklava! LOL)

to me, silk road smells a lot like baklava. it can cause a little redness at first, though, if you have sensitive skin. but anything that has cinnamon, which is important to the whole baklava thing, is likely to have that problem.

Thanks again for the help, guys. Bengal and Silk Road are going high on the list of GC imps to snag, and I'll have to see if I can hunt down Chanukkiyah and Wezwanie/Hold as well. :P

Another vote for Chanukkiyah! Smells just like Baklava to me. Maybe if you layer with Sugarskull you could get that yummy syrup taste that always drips off the bar when you eat it? (making mental note to try this as soon as I get home)

Athens smells to me like the honey syrup I make while making baklava (cinnamon, orange zest, rosewater, water and honey)...

I say Bengal reminds me of it because it's a spicy dough foody scent.

Athens smells to me like the honey syrup I make while making baklava (cinnamon, orange zest, rosewater, water and honey)...

I say Bengal reminds me of it because it's a spicy dough foody scent.

Okay, what if you layered...

a drop or two of Hunger (orangeish) plus few drops of Chanuikkuyah [or if you don't have that then some Eat Me] (cakey, sugary, doughishness) plus a drop of Chimera (cinnamon) and Athens (honey goodness)?

OR Knave of Hearts (roses and tarts) plus a drop of Chimera (cinnamon) 1/2 drop Hunger (orange) and some Bengal?

Umm sorry that I don't have a concrete suggestion to add to this. Bengal is a good start but you need a bit of butter (good baklava has loads of butter in it) along the nuts-scent.

Chanukkiyah doesn't smell like baklava at all, imho.

Alternatively, I can send you some real baklava :P

I am still a newb with scents but I made baklava 2 nights ago and the rose water in it probably plays a factor in smell. I know it does for my pastry, in fact most baklava doesn't even have honey in it traditionally,I believe thats an iranian addition. Maybe layering a light rose bpal scent with another scent would help fill in the scent gap. :P

Sign in to follow this