Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
hkhm

Cheshire Moon

A lunatic's blend of lunar herbs and blossoms, with lemongrass, guava, pink grapefruit, banyan fruit, hibiscus, and cherry blossom.

Vanilla cake in the imp, vanilla cake wet on my skin, and vanilla cake for several hours after I put it on. The florals finally popped hours later, after it had started fading on me. I usually don't like "foodie" scents, but this one isn't bad. I just wish it were a bit more floral early on.

Cheshire Moon is in my top 5 BPAL perfumes EVER!! I'm so happy to have bought a half bottle off another forumite, I live in Cheshire too - so kinda appropiate for me :)

I wear this one for work, most days recently. Don't know where I'm getting the vanilla from but to me it's definitely a comforting vanilla blend but with a lot of fruit thrown in. I get compliments too .... which is always a joy and means I can spread the bpal love.

My arm is magnetised to my nose when I'm wearing this. :wub2:

Bottle: A remarkably smoothly blended mix of flowers and fruit. I can smell the guava juiciness every now and then.

Wet: Very muted initially. Hibiscus and guava and something like vanilla. And the encroaching strength of lemongrass. Please, please, please don't let my skin amp it or the grapefruit for once.

Drydown: Damnit, this is so muted now. It's actually a lovely, feminine scent, but it's so faint...

Dry: This is terribly faint, but there's something really wonderfully feminine about it.

My rating: 3/5

In the bottle I definitely smell soft florals, maybe a little fruity... it's very sweet!

On the skin the guava really comes out, with the floral fading a bit but still definitely there. Very feminine, but also very light. I'd put on more than usual so that it doesn't fade too quickly. I like how it smells so sweet, but the florals balance it out so that it isn't overwhelming and it doesn't make me think of food. The lemongrass comes out more as it dries, and while I'm not sure that I'd say it's a "lunatic's blend" it's definitely a nice scent that I'd wear with jeans and a pretty blouse.

Cheshire Moon is my new favorite scent. I started with frimped decant and have been luck enough to score two bottles from other forumites. I'm going to need more, though, as I slather this perfume daily and am absolutely head over heels for its citrus and soft floral creaminess. It feels like the perfect scent for this time of year when the weather can't decide if it wants to be winter or wants to be spring or, like today in the mid Atlantic where we're going to get up to 50F this afternoon and then get 1 to 3 inches of snow tonight, the weather decides to be both at the same time! Cheshire Moon smells like the promise of warm spring days with a hint of the chill that's still hanging about.

I'm mostly getting creamy cherry blossoms and some juicy, slightly tart tropical fruits. Though I find the over scent well-blended, as it settles I can make out the pink grapefruit, guava and a touch of lemongrass, the hibiscus also peeks through. Sadly, I don't smell any of the foody scent or vanilla others are getting.

chesire moon is a very...masculine pink. it does meet the mental image in my head of the chesire cat.

in the imp it's a weird jumble of 'sweet'. i don't really get an impression out of it other than 'sweet' and 'weird'.

it starts out the skin in a similar chaos of scents though i do start to get the floral. and pink. but not girly pink or even mature pink, this is...a very masculine pink. i didn't realize that pink had a gender until this blend.

by dry down it's started to shift towards a gender neutral though it does remind me of a bath and body work's blend that i wore a long, long, long time ago. the florals start coming forward but the sugar and the red fruits i'm starting to get out of it keep it in line. it is vaguely bubble gum but i like to smell like candy so it's not a bad thing.

my only concern with this blend is that i'm not certain that moodwise it's something that i'd want to wear all the time. it kind of reminds me of a...tiefling. for some reason this blend makes me want to play dungeons and dragons but since i am in fact a gamer that's not entirely a bad thing either.

either way i'm keeping it.

Hm this one is kind of a neutral for me. I don't like it, but I don't dislike it either. I can't pin it down, I guess, not to mention the fact that it has no throw whatsoever so I can hardly smell it anyhow. I may have to pack this one up for a bit and try it again later :(

when wet on my wrists i get a lot of white florals jumping out at me, then it tempers into juicy tart fruits and then it settles into a delicious sweet, creamy and perfect scent. :wub2: It's not foody, its what I imagine dorian or alice should smell like when they dry down(on me), but those scents have vanilla..

I'm fairly certain there isnt vanilla on this blend unless its a vanilla that the lab rarely uses. the bpal vanilla usually goes plasticy and bandaid on me. This, however, does not. I am so so happy I was able to buy this from someone on the forum. this is easily in my top 5 bpals of all time. I hope they decide to bring it back.

This is a pleasant. Makes me think of a tropical drink, but a very light one. I get soft lemon balm and grapefruit, which are very calm in this blend. As it dries more of the airily sweet hibiscus comes out with guava.

It does make me think of bubblegum on and off, but in the end it's just too natural smelling for that association (which I like). It's been rare for me to find a fruity BPAL blend that doesn't go sickeningly sweet or artificial on me, and this stays true.

how is it that a scent so full of ick-notes turns into something so candy sweet? lemongrass, grapefruit usually kill anything for me. i think it's the guava that makes it go suntan-oil-wrong on me after a while, but that first couple of minutes is delicious pink cake batter yum.

Wet: Candied cherry blossom. I'm not sure what's making the "candy" scent, but I think it may be the guava + pink grapefruit.

Dry: Not candied anymore! Still cherry blossom, but it's much fainter now. I can smell lemongrass and grapefruit, but they're more background scents.

If you're looking for a cherry blossom scent to try (and are afraid of most florals the way I am), give this a shot! I think it's worth tracking down a decant.

During early pandemic I made a guava chiffon cake from scratch, whipping guava-flavored cream in a grandmother’s cold steel bowl with a simple fork, the way a great-grandmother had done in an old farmstead kitchen long ago.

Cheshire Moon 2008 smells like that — quietly intentional, endearing, a bit mischievous; a lovely light blush pink, guava-sweet, slightly vanillic, with soft hibiscus petal breaths that come and go. Dreamy, restful, calming; good for a quiet grey Sunday morning too. A fae or fairy godmother scent, magical, timeless, and kindly.