Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Tramp

Pisces 2008

Mutable water: the essence of faith.
Hemp, opium poppy, sarsaparilla, grains of paradise, passion flower, wisteria, Irish moss, and gentian.

Musky, earthy herbal. Base notes remind me a bit of Hunter Moon 07 only layered with a sort of green herbal and autumnal grain feel. Am super happy I got this. Makes me want to be a be a Pisces - or just go find one to snuggle. This is a warm, comforting scent that makes you feel like you are wrapped up safe in a blanket in front of a warm fire. The muskiness of it is what really grounds the other notes for me. It is super well blended.

I'm so happy I got this one. I wasn't sure about it, and being a Pisces I was really hoping that it would blend with my body chemistry- and it does!

In the bottle: A little sharp, definitely herbal

Wet: Very herbal, slight floral hint, strong on the moss smell, some incensey notes

Drydown: Lovely. Reminds me of camping out in the woods with a bonfire. It's comforting and warm with a touch of muskiness. It's a little masculine in that stealing your boyfriend's sweater way.

This is probably going to be a daily scent. I can't stop sniffing my wrist!

I'm happy I got this too, as a Pisces and as a person :P Not quite what I had envisioned for my sign, still I like it nonetheless. In the bottle, it is a gentle, rich herbal with a powder note. On my skin, it becomes floral-spicy/musk with powder. So far, I get the poppy, grains of paradise, wisteria and passion flower more than any other notes. I could have done with less powdery (although this does seem to be mellowing) and more musky in this concoction. Other than that, it's very attractive. Love the sweetness that comes out at the very end.

bottle: i don't know if it's the wisteria or the passion flower i'm smelling. this is a very sassy floral scent.

wet: sarsaparilla! hemp! moss! this is a very heady blend. the florals are not overpowering and give this a gentle feel i wasn't expecting.

dry: moss and poppy. i've really enjoyed every stage of this blend, it's put me in such a good mood.

Bottle: very floral. I don't know the flowers in this one so can't say for sure what is what

Wet: Herbal/Floral

Dry: Gentle herbal floral. The opium poppy seems to dominate on me. Occasional bursts of sarsaparilla. I went for a walk last night wearing Pisces and all of a sudden for just a moment SARSAPARILLA. I liked it.

All in all I'm really pleased with Pisces. But it is actually a gift for someone who has a birthday coming up. I just wanted to try it out.

I hope she likes it as much as I do.

First, some questions: why is it Pisces 2007 when it's out in 2008? What did I miss here? 2nd- why so much earth for the wateriest of water signs? (sigh........) And what the hell does gentian smell like? And which kind of gentian are we talking about? And what perfume is it that it reminds everyone off? So many questions.....

Anyways.... In the bottle, I thought, mmmm fresh and clean and a bit linen-y. But like wet sheets on the clothes line on a cool day- and full of fabric softner. Wet, on my skin, I had the most absurd impression of an herbal gin- but only if the gin was non-alcoholic. (Exactly- how absurd). But when this dried down on my skin, terribly ordinary things happened: all the blue-greeniness faded away to greenish grey mist and powder. And that weird yucky cough cough in the back of my throat thing happened, with the weird headache (and I've been thinking it was the cedar in other blends.... oh well...).

One of my fellow pisceans also tried it out (she'd been waiting in anticipation for me to get it) and that O'Doul's gin thing happened on her, but lasted and lasted. Her friends told her she smelled "like grandma". I thought it was pretty, but they're teenagers, and I, alas, am not.

Conclusion: lovely in the bottle-ordinary and disappointing on me!

Added: I tried this in the oil warmer, since I liked it so much better in the bottle. Light and fresh; perfectly lovely for the bedroom!

Also, after doing some research, wondering about all the earthiness and herbals for a water sign, I think it really clever of Beth to include so many notes from plants growing in "marshy" or wet conditions.

Edited by kittysdesire

Unfortunately for me, Pisces blends usually equal one of two things--aquatics or vetiver. Aquatics touch my skin and turn to burned black pepper. Not a good smell. Vetiver hates me even more than that, amping up to ridiculous, nauseating levels of ooze and slime.

I am so, so glad that Beth made a non-aquatic, non-vetiver blend. It's a quiet, meditative blend, which I personally feel reflects my sign better than bright aquatic notes. In the bottle it starts of soft and herbal, and wet on the skin it stays that way, fresh and blue-green until it dries into a soft, resiny floral. The opium poppy makes it powdery without being baby powder, the florals are sweet but not at all overwhelming, and the grains of paradise and moss lend it an herbal undertone I wasn't expecting. It's a beautiful, gentle scent, and I think very reflective of the sign.

in the bottle: musky and heady, this scent seems really 'dark' to me, as in, i'd wear this at night only.

wet on skin: there is a euphoric aspect to this oil, like being seduced by someone in an opium den perhaps :P

dry down: intoxicating, rich, heady, dark. very musky, and the hemp and opium give it a deep strong note.

in all: this is a powerful mixture. i will not be wearing this regularly, because it's not meant for that. but on the nights when you need something that will enable you to bring down the walls of jherico, this is it.

glad i'm a pisces rising! :D

Wow. This scent is so far off the beaten path of scents that I go for, and yet it works so well. However, since this is pretty "out there" for me I have pretty much no idea what any of these notes smell like individually -- makes for an interesting challenge when reviewing. :P

In the bottle: Very herbal and, suprisingly, musk-like. I think the moss and opium is creating this false musk note, but (being a musk fan) it's lovely.

Wet: I was nervous at first, because this gets a minty quality to it when it hits my skin. This settles down quickly, but I'm vexed that I don't know if I'm mistaking one of the listed notes for mint of if there's actually mint in here. Moving on, this is a fascinating blend to sniff, but at the same time I find it comforting. I have a visceral reaction to this -- which I find quite appropriate, since I am a Piscean Moon baby.

Dry: I kept sniffing this on the way to work because I was trying to place what other blend that it reminded me of... which it turns out is Ivanushka. It's sharper and a little more complex, but the herbal-musky tone of Pisces plays out on my skin very similarly to Ivanushka (but without actually causing me to smell skunk-like! Bonus!!). Overall this is incredibly cohesive, with no note(s) dominating over the others and all coming together to be a really beautiful herbal-floral.

This is good. Really good! And (again, appropriately) this blend has probably caused the strongest emotional response of any of Beth's perfumes that I have tried so far. But more than that, it just smells good on me! Of course, now I wish I would've taken the chance on multiple bottles -- I really do think this is one I need to keep around a backup of, fo sho.

Wow!! I am so happy that I found a blend that has poppy in it that doesn't give me a splitting headache!!

This is actually very nice.. it's a bright red scent with an earthyness to it (hemp maybe?) Sweet grains with bright flowers and earth (not dirt earth.. but an earthy feel to it) but still deep and full. Does that make sense? :P

Pisces - This scent is very herbal and earthy. On me, it smells downright masculine in it's earthiness. There is a note in this that takes a really weird turn on my skin, and smells almost like fertilizer. I think perhaps it's the hemp? I'm really not sure. It's an extremely earthy and raw scent. The sarsasparilla is the second strongest note and is so pretty and sweet that it's a huge drag that the one note in this blend goes wonky on my skin. This one's not for me, but herbal lovers may really enjoy this.

Yum yum yum yum yum!

Can I just say how amazed I am at this series of the zodiac? So many are absolutely wonderful. They are plant-like, herbal, rooty, seedy, very real and tangible...and comforting. Pisces does not disappoint.

What I smell is really pretty mossy florals. It reminds me of a commercial perfume I used to wear a lot but forget the name. The moss is making this a little spicy and the hemp is sweet and juicy. The grains are a faint undercurrent and really ground this blend without making it too earthy. The poppy doesn't dominate like it usually does, rather the florals are a well-blended bouquet of subtle aromas. Nothing cloying over here.

I can see this working on a man or woman but it isn't masculine in the slightest. It's sweet, unassuming, and just so comforting.

Wow. This smells expensive. It's sweet in a subtle way, but it's like skin only better. There is an undercurrent of spicy. I detect a faint mintiness, like peppermint but barely there. It almost smells like cola. Mostly I am getting musky skin, but in a classy way. It's very hard to describe. It may be my new GC quest to find something that smells like this. Mmmmm!

I waited through all the other zodiac blends to get my Pisces, and I am not disappointed. While I can appreciate straight-up aquatics, I tend toward liking darker, deeper, muskier blends. Pisces is all that and more, and does retain a touch of a watery quality from the wisteria and Irish moss.

Pisces has a musky herbal quality to it, and it is oh so calming and centering. I smell an overall herbal, musky quality with a subtle hint of grains. It is gentle and smooth. There is a flash of sarsaparilla and it dominates for a moment before receding into the herbal, musky base. When the oil dries, I get a lot of opium poppy but it is not as strong or as sharp as it has been in other blends such as Sleepy Moon. Instead, it sort of envelops the rest of the blend in a gentle floral blanket. In that floral blanket, I can also pick up the wisteria, which for some reason feels like a watery flower to me; something about its fragrance just gives me that impression. The Irish moss acts as a lovely earthen accent to this already gorgeous blend. I can't express how beautiful this is.

<sigh> This Pisces is disappointed. I don't get any aquatics, hemp, or sarsaparilla .... just floral, and a very commercial floral at that. <sigh>

The name mystifies me, since it's definitely '08 by now and the Sun is about to move into Pisces...anyway, as a *double* Pisces (Sun and Moon), I'd planned to buy a bottle...until I saw the notes. The notes just weren't attracting me, and after sniffing it today, I think my instinct was correct. I got an herbal-aquatic with mild floral undertones, but nothing I really need for my collection. I didn't like the original Pisces, either. Eh, I guess this is a case of ignoring the name and going for the notes that suit a fish like me! :P

love at first sniff. =)

To me, it smells a lot like Pink Moon '05, without the sweetness that made that one almost cloying on me. This is sweet, lovely, comforting. I didn't expect to like it, to be honest, since herbal florals really aren't my thing. But I love it. I bought two bottles (one for me, and one for my best friend, who is also a Pisces) and I think she's going to like it.

I don't get the earthiness at all. *shrug* But like I said, I love it. I'm glad I waited for my sign to come out!

light to average throw, medium to light wearlength (at least on me.)

Yes! Got my decant of this! I'm a Pisces, so I am praying I will love it so I can buy myself a bottle at Will Call this week!

The notes aren't really my thing, so I'm a bit worried. In the imp it's quite herbal, but not in an overpowering sense. If it stays soft and muted on my skin then this could be good. If it sharpens up, then I'm in trouble...

When I first put it on I get a quick blast of floral-gah! But thankfully that quickly fades down into something more pleasant and the sarsaparilla (I think it is) peeks out. That kind of root beer smell? It's nice! This is quickly growing on me the more it dries!

There's none of that sharpness I was afraid of, the florals are calm, and herbal scent isn't overpowering. Ooh, and now I'm getting a bit of mint? I love these complex scents.

A little floral, a little herbal, a little minty, and just a hint of sweetness make this a gorgeous perfume. Definitely gonna be getting that bottle

I really didn't think this would work on me based on the notes, and I was sadly right. I wish this had been a more aquatic blend! *sigh* /whines sun-venus-mercury pisces

In the bottle: Sweet, planty, green-fresh. Hints of sarsaparilla.

Wet: Same; sarsaparilla amped.

Dry: Faint, root beer and green plants. Even fainter powdery florals.

Summary: Sweet powdery-planty floral.

In the decant: Clean, sharp floral, almost citrusy, which is odd because I see no such thing in the listed notes.

Wet: Sharp, still has that real tang to it. Wait, something smells green. I inhale more deeply and I think herb.

Drydown: On me, the sarsaparilla (probably helped by the moss) grounds the opium, giving it a dirty feel (in a good way) -- that earthy grounding that we Pisceans need to balance out our wateriness. I still smell the florals budding on top, or something like an increasingly sweet leaf. In fact, something in this blend puts a big smile on my face. I don't get that powdery thing at all, to my pleasant surprise; something really smells green, alive, flowering, perhaps a reminder of grass to come.

This scent hasn't had much buzz about it in the review thread so far -- indeed, sometimes only token comments -- so I wasn't holding my breath. I can understand why a lot of my fellow Pisces were dubious, and I'm sorry that for a number of previous reviewers, this just went to pot. But I feel like Beth (and maybe her beloved companion too -- like their child-to-be, perhaps this was a joint creation?) has given me a superb birthday present that I might even wear on a date (that classic-perfume thing does develop about a half-hour in). It's been a hard winter without many high times in it, but Pisces 2007 may be just what I need to keep my water pipes flowing.

Verdict: Holy smoke, a floral I really like. I sense a million bottles of this in my future; I'm suddenly hungry for more.

First sniff - Whoa! Very strong and pungent, earthy and musky. This immediately disagrees with me, but I tried it on my skin anyway.

After about 20 minutes on my wrist - Ok, it's chilled out a little, and actually faded pretty quickly. It is now an indistinguishable powdery scent, mostly floral with a hint of a resinous base. I think I'm smelling mainly the hemp, wisteria and sasparilla, with maybe the barest touch of the opium. It's much nicer than it was fresh out of the bottle, but still not quite my thing.

In the bottle: I get a sweet berry type floral, with a very tiny bit of musk to it.

First on: Now it's a much more musky blend, with some woodsy notes to it, and the floral undertones. It's very nice, but not as aquatic as I was expecting.

Drydown: Now I get the aquatics, and this is lovely. A salty musky scent with a tiny bit of spice and some floral. It blends beautifully.

Overall: A bit more commanding than I would have thought for a Pisces (and I love my Pisces friends), I can't stop sniffing my arm. I love it.

straight sniff from bottle and i barely get any notes at all...just a bit of maybe water :P

(the label r00ls by the by!)

once applied this is a rather subdued blend...i get slight aquatic florals...i cannot

put my finger on any one single note but this really works...definitely not an

"in your face" kind of perfume but rather something that stays very close to the skin.

Edited by sookster

The opium in this one really reminds me of the opium in Chrysanthemum Moon. As soon as I put it on my skin it was the first thing that popped into my head. I found Pisces to be really well blended- it gives me a very warm, herbal feel with a floral undertone. I wonder where the sarsparilla is b/c I can't really smell it... It's funny because another one of the words that popped into my head was 'earthy' and I'm trying to describe Pisces...ha. Anyhow, this scent has a very large amount of throw on me and lasts for a long time. Quite an interesting blend and I'm sorry that the astrological blends are coming to a close b/c I have really enjoying trying every one of them.

Edited by euterpe414

this smells like an aquatic-floral on me. at first it is very sharp and perfumey. i believe the wisteria is most prominent on my skin, and after awhile the sasparilla makes itself known, and adds (i think?) a powdery softness which tempers the initial herbal sharpness.

Edited by theseagrows