Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
GypsyRoseRed

Castitas Bath Oil

Rice flower, vanilla, and cream.

Love Castitas. I bought a full bottle of this unsniffed cause I knew I would love it. Soft vanilla-ish. I say ish cause I amp the hell out of vanilla and I didn't really feel vanilla here. But a more of a creamy, warmth that just wraps around you. This is a dead ringer for BBW rice flower & shea. I have the sg and then a little of this as a moisturizer after?... perfect :wub2:
10/10

In the bottle, this bath oil is absolute *heaven*. It's all rich vanilla and cream, like Love's Philosophy in bath format.

and then, it goes kinda wrong. :cry2:

At some point early on in the bath, the cream...evaporates? and what's left is the rice flower, which, for some reason, becomes Egyptian Musk, big time.

I can't figure out what happens, how it goes from being so true to being something else entirely like this. What's more, because of the tenacity of the scent, it not only clung to my skin (and my towel) but also to my pyjamas for WEEKS. Now, were it a scent that I could drown in (Glowing Vulva, I'm looking at you), all this would have been fine. Maybe even more than fine. But as it stands, that sort of musk is something I only have a taste for once in a while, so this was somewhat disasterous for me.

I hope this finds a more appreciative home than mine, since for me this was an Epic Fail. :evil:

So lovely. Castitas is light and ... virginal sort of scent. I don't want to say 'girly/girlish' because that conjures up images of sweetness and candy. Castitas is refined, flowers and vanilla cream. It's gorgeous!

In the bottle this is mostly creamy vanilla goodness with a light undertone of floral. One me, within an hour, the vanilla and cream are gone, leaving a surprisingly strong and lasting rice flower scent. I'm with another reviewer that it also goes hints of Egyptian Musk, which I don't mind but wasn't at all expecting. I like the scent a lot. It had the unexpected added benefit of keeping sand gnats off of me when I was at the Scottish Festival today, so YAY. Big plus there!

I am so in love with this oil it's not even funny. I workout in the very early morning (5-6 am), and I use this in the shower at the gym as a moisturizer. The smell on my skin is divine (the perfect vanilla as far as I'm concerned) and it perfumes the locker room beautifully. I'm rapidly going through my bottle and will be ordering at least 2 more. Pure love!

This oil is so beautiful! I totally get fresh vanilla cream with a slight/light resiny floral. My husband LOVED the way I smelled after I used it!

Sweet and creamy vanilla. This is one of the best bath oils I've smelled, but I'm a huge fan of vanilla. :) Great as a moisturizer (SO many scents go well with this stuff!) and delicious in the bath...more throw in the bath, but the scent lingers on my skin for at least 4 hours. So. Good.

Tried out the last few drips left in my bottle from my decant circle today. As others have said, it's JUST like Rice Flower & Shea from Bath and Body Works. Which is good, because I like that scent. :) But it also made me a little sad, as I was hoping to have more vanilla come out once it hit my skin. I don't know if I would buy a full bottle for myself, but I'm very glad I got to try it -- it's verrrrrrry very rice flower madness, but the vanilla brings a lot of warmth and smoothness to it. If this were a shower gel or a conditioner, I'd be all over it. :)

I picked up a decant of this and I loved the smell in the bottle, I got the creamy vanilla. Once in the tub the vanilla backed off a lot and I could only smell the rice flower, which is pleasant enough but rather too innocent and virginal for me. Once out and dry I could barely smell it all on my skin, just a very faint creaminess.

I finally broke open my bottle of this today and yommyyom I am glad that I did :wub2: This to me is the closest you can get to Boo bath oil and as I adore Boo and hoard it obsessively, that is a very good thing. It's creamy and sweet and totally delicious. I'd love this as a hair gloss and a soap too. Delicious! :wub2:

This is a creamy, delicious vanilla when you first apply it to your skin (I don't take baths, I just rub a small amount of oil into my skin during my showers). As it dries, the rice flower comes out a bit. It is awesome.

If you love vanilla, this is a must have. This easily pairs with a lot of perfumes, as well. ;)

This is quite nice! It's a surprisingly clinging, strong scent, so use it sparingly! I use it mostly as a spot-moisturizer - on my heels, elbows, that sort of thing. But like all the other BPTP bath oils, it's amazing in the bath tub and it'll give you uber soft skin all over. Lovely for the winter too :wub2:

Castitas is a gentle, soft fragrance. Very comforting - that must be the vanilla. It makes me think of fluffy feather pillows, or perhaps this is how I imagine those big puffy clouds on a brilliant blue summer day must smell. So, in the bath it is extremely relaxing.

Like all of BPAL's oils, it also leaves my skin feel soft and silky, without leaving an oil slick behind on the walls of the tub.

Review: Very creamy. The rice flower is a soft second and the vanilla a soft third. They blend together well, but are a bit delicate. If you like Boo, you will likely enjoy this

I'm so sad about this one. In the bottle fresh out of the mail, it smelled like the most perfect vanilla imaginable. Not foody, not masculine, just vanilla. After the bottle had settled for a few hours, I sniffed it again and got a lot of cream, some rice flower, and still some vanilla. I used it as a moisturizer after my shower and it's fairly strong when used in that form (on my arms and legs). It's all cream and maybe rice flower, and it just turns my stomach. I really dislike this type of cream smell, but had such high hopes for a primarily vanilla BO (and thought it could be a different type of cream, as I do occasionally like things that have a creaminess). I don't know if it's specifically the combination of cream and rice flower, but I can't wear this again.

You would think that I would love this, but I actually hate it. It has a weird powdery, papery dry down on me that I don't like in a bath oil. I will mix my decant with something else to make it better.

I wasn't sure about this when I first tried it. It was very faint, and the rice flower didn't smell the way I expected. I think it just needed to age for a bit though, because after a month or so I like it a lot.

It's mostly cream at first, with a hint of vanilla (the sophisticated kind, not the foody kind). The rice flower is quite apparent. It's a papery floral, not sweet.The whole scent was much less sweet than I expected. It's light, almost airy. Kind of elegant and maybe a touch mysterious. It's great for layering.

Castitas was a blind buy for me and i think my first purchase was when the forum was down so i don't recall having researched it. I do remember being on the website for the Post and thinking this might be too good to be true.

i love vanilla and cream. rice flower i was not so sure about. I've been taking my time to review this because

it is simply one of the best things i've used in recent years and i don't even know if i can express how wonderful this is and to give this silky oil the respect it deserves: i use it at least 3x a week it's that gooood!! i use this for layering and also a little in my hair, just at the nape of my neck about once a week. the scent is addicting and on me it's a kind of creamy vanilla sandalwood, which was a complete and happy surprise for me. i was given a very small amount of an oil some 15 years ago and this is the closest i have ever come to having that scent again, it was a sandalwood oil from polynesia. Castitas has a healing aspect as it is very comforting, it's innocent and yet sensual. It has been perfect in really warm dry weather and really cold weather. It's not heavy in scent and yet it lingers for a full day. I love so many many of Beth's creations and Castitas holds a very special place for me. If you like vanilla and cream that is not foody and you want to feel swathed in a cloud of comfort, this might be for you too. :heart:

Edited by vox pop

Origin: Straight from the Post

Initial Thoughts: I've had my eye on a bottle of Castitas for ages. Vanilla is a favorite note. Rice flower works in things like Aunt Rosie's and the odd Shunga. Cream can work in the right setting.

In the Bottle: A very soft and gentle creamy vanilla floral. As advertised.

On the Skin: I don't have a tub big enough for a proper soak, so I use the bath oils as moisturizers during or after my shower. There's not any morph to speak of - it hugs my skin in that gentle, lightly sweet, creamy vanilla with an airiness from the rice flower.

Verdict: Keeper!

Castitas is one of my all-time fave bath oils. It's lovely while bathing, but neutral enough (i.e., not overwhelming) not to interfere with a good sleep later. The vanilla is not a foodie scent to me.

Edited by RavenintheWind

Love this as a simple and versatile bath oil, it pairs well with so many scents. Mostly sweet, fluffy vanilla cream with the delicate papery rice flower.

This is a gentle, comforting skin scent.  The rice flower is actually what stands out to me the most and makes this unique.  There's a starchiness to the fragrance, but it's less rich than what I get from the basmati blends.  I keep thinking of taro root.  The vanilla is light and creamy vs. rich and dark.  Overall, this isn't nearly as gourmand as I was expecting.  It's a bit tame for my tastes, but I can't see anyone really being offended by it, and I can see why others like it.

Me, and my boyfriend, sitting in our apartment yesterday: WHY DOES IT SMELL LIKE RICE?????

It took me a few hours before I remembered that I had used Castitas as an after-shower moisturizer. I was the culprit! :lol: 

Castitas reminds me of a less foodie, less sweet cousin of My Baby and a Baby Goat, only, the rice flower is a much bigger player in this one. There is a butteriness to the rice flower and vanilla cream combo on me, but I agree with VetchVesper: it's more of a starchiness and not as rich as the Lab scents that contain basmati rice notes. If you only use a dab, it is pretty subtle, but obviously, if you slather your legs in the stuff, you might wonder why it suddenly smells like rice when you haven't made any recently. :lol: 

I will be keeping my decant to pair with scents like My Baby and a Baby Goat, but I am going to wait and see how often I reach for it before debating a bottle upgrade.

A couple nights ago I had was feeling yucky and wanted a gently soothing bath, so I chose Castitas. It was indeed soothing, a creamy rice flower and pale vanilla.

Initially, was afraid it might be too light for me, yet I found it wafted gently and just strong enough through the whole bath and I could smell it on my skin after. Yay! 
I have a decant of Moon Reflected in Every Rice Paddy, and of course it pairs perfectly with this scent. Add a slather of Lilith Nightingale, and I was feeling nourished, in a delicately rich way. Yuck-be-gone! 

I'm glad I got to try Castitas, but it's really not for me.  I used it as an after-shower moisturizer, and while I appreciate the gentle rice flower and vanilla, the cream becomes distractingly buttery on my skin.   Without the cream this would be a win, but it's not a note I can wear.  (If anyone cares, it's similar to the cream note in Young Pine Saplings and Phantom Cow.)