Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
seashell

Looking for SPYCE scents... Royall Spyce, that is!

Hi, all, I'm very new here. Have ordered a bunch of imps for ME to try...whatever sounded good to me!

Haven't got them yet but I know I will find some winners :)

BUT... nothing for the Man yet. My all-time fave on him is one from Jamaica called Royall Spyce:

"Redolent with the scent of clove, cinnamon, nutmeg and pepper that arrived from far-off markets by freighter at St. George Harbour. A heady, aromatic blend following a closely-guarded recipe that contains the world’s finest essential oils. Prized for its warmth and most mysteriously manly appeal."

I LOOOVE spicy scents and this one just makes me swoon :P ... however has NO lasting power. :D

What men's/unisex scents would be in this family? Doesn't have to be exact match; (tho that'd be lovely, this isn't a mainstream scent so I won't hold my breath) but MMMmmmMMM spicy! fruit,herbs, flowers at a minimum, just mostly SPICE :D

And if possible, some that will last a while.

Thanks!

Edited by ivyandpeony
tweaked title for search clarity

First two that come to my mind are:

Wrath: A scent aflame with rage, swirling in the red haze of hatred: dragon's blood spiked with black pepper, clove, and cinnamon.

Bengal: A sultry and unruly blend that emulates the ambient scent of the markets in ancient Bengal: skin musk with honey, peppers, clove, cinnamon bark and ginger.

Also, these threads might have some ideas for good spicy scents

i want to smell like chai

peppery scents

spiciest BPAL blends

best cinnamon scents

also try asking in the thread comparing BPAL's to conventional perfumes

I'll second Bengal. I got Wrath because it sounded like a kicked-up Bengal, but to me it smells like fruity Big Red gum.

Just off the top of my head:

Port Royal (spiced rum and ship’s wood mixed with the body-warmed trace of a prostitute’s perfume and a hint of salty sea air on the dry-down)

Plunder (tea leaf, cassia, cinnamon bark, clove, allspice, sandalwood, tobacco, peppercorn, and nutmeg)

Port-au-Prince (buttered rum flavored with almond, bay, clove and sassafras)

Silk Road

...would probably be good ones to throw into a starter imp pack.

Plunder and Port-au-Prince are the most spicy, then Silk Road. Port Royal is the least spicy, but is still very nice (and has a lovely aquatic element).

Edited by Electra

Just off the top of my head:

Port Royal (spiced rum and ship’s wood mixed with the body-warmed trace of a prostitute’s perfume and a hint of salty sea air on the dry-down)

Plunder (tea leaf, cassia, cinnamon bark, clove, allspice, sandalwood, tobacco, peppercorn, and nutmeg)

Port-au-Prince (buttered rum flavored with almond, bay, clove and sassafras)

Silk Road

...would probably be good ones to throw into a starter imp pack.

Plunder and Port-au-Prince are the most spicy, then Silk Road. Port Royal is the least spicy, but is still very nice (and has a lovely aquatic element).

I second Port Royal and Plunder. You might also want to try Wrath, though it is slightly less butch than the others.

WRATH

(Lab says: A scent aflame with rage, swirling in the red haze of hatred: dragon's blood spiked with black pepper, clove, and cinnamon.)

Also, if you can catch Count Dracula on ebay, that is the king of sexy spicey masculine/androgenous scents. Trust me on this.

(Company says: The essence of nobility, brutality and true Will made flesh and propelled through the eons by an ever-burning hatred: black patchouli, neroli, tonka, cinnamon, bitter clove, leather, black musk, coffin wood and fiery ginger.)

Spider came to my mind. White ginger, artemesia, vetiver, nutmeg, King mandarin, bergamot, and lime.

It is not a sweet, cinnamon-y spice but more a cologne type scent that starts out fresh, however the ginger and nutmeg give it a lot of spicy warmth. It is more on the masculine side but I love to wear it myself.

And has noone said Shub yet?

I love Satyr. You won't see anything about spice in the description, Lab description: "Unleash the bawdy, unrestrained passion of the satyr! A ferociously masculine scent: sexual, vigorous, and truly wild." It smells like it's got cinnamon, maybe a touch of clove and a tiny smidge of amber or something sweet?? It was one of the first imps I got and I own a bottle of it now. It's a GC in the Ars Amatoria (formerly Love Potions) sextion I mean section.

Reviews Here

Give it a try. You can order just an imp so if it doesn't work you aren't out a lot. Good luck!

I've never tried the scent you mentioned, but it sounds nice! I do have a couple rec's.....

Mr. Jacquel.....you can't buy an imp but might find someone selling a decant. "Golden amber, hyssop, North African patchouli, and embalming spices." A warm, golden and spicy amber scent.....but restrained, too. Very calm on my skin. I've been meaning to get more of this for a while.

Baron Samedi......bpal's spin on traditional bay rum. A spicy almond scent, also warm, stronger than Mr. Jacquel. You can buy this one in an imp.

Port-au-Prince is spicy, buttery, slightly boozy goodness. It's slightly masculine (but I love it on me in small quantities).

Port Royal is more feminine IMHO, but could be great on the right guy. And Mr. Jacquel is golden & smooth with soft spices. Very nice.

OOOooh thank you everyone, for the recommendations!

I am going to try (probablyallofthembut) first:

Bengal

Plunder

Silk Road

Port-au-Prince

Crowley

CANNNOT WAIT to try these little beauties, ahhhh!

Shub! :P And Samhain, if you can get some from a forumite.

And not to pimp somebody's else's goods, but Villainess Soaps Masala is da bomb diggity of spicy goodness. :D

Oooweee thanks, more to try! :P

I have added 4 to my list, and will be searching the For Sales for Crowley and Samhain :)

and gotta check out Villainess Soaps for dat Masala :D

You enablers, you!! :D

edited cos I KANT SPEL today heeeeeee

Edited by seashell