Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Apple blossom, white rose, lemon balm, and champagne grape.

In the Imp: Fresh green apple and rose.

Wet: Light, refreshing, reminiscent of springtime. All of the notes are noticeable except for the grape to me. Mainly it's the crisp apple with a soft rose and lemon supporting it. Maybe I'd even call this romantic, which (for me), is rare in scents that are so bright.

Dry: The main theme is still there, but it went soapy on me. Still not bad or something I'd recoil from, but it reminds me more of generic soap now than a clear spring day.

Verdict: Not my style nor all that memorable for me, but nice.

Apple blossom and white rose for me, with a hint of lemon. The lemon tinge gives it a very slight powdery feel so it's just not for me. A lovely floral, though.

Decant imp from malibusunny's Feb/Mar 2013 circle. 2nd scent tested (preceeded by Belgian Chocolate, et al).

In the imp: sweet, grape-y. Not booze-y, but wine comes to mind.

Wet: Giant fruit notes. I was kind of overwhelmed at first. Then I started to pick out the different facets. The effect is mostly light and bright, and that combined with the rose makes it smell 'expensive', if that makes any sense.

Drydown: Morphing... We've got fruit. Then, we've got floral. Something slightly spicy/sharp. Later, soap/dryer sheets....and that's where it stays.

Overall: The bits I liked best didn't last very long, and then I spend the rest of the wearing feeling like I'd just washed my hands at someone else's house (if that makes any sense). The Apothacary has a lemon balm note, and La Vita Nuova has a lemongrass note - I'm wondering if that's where the dryer sheets thing is coming from when I wear either of these. Since I accidentally ordered another imp in another decant circle, I'll probably swap one and keep one.

This almost works for me, but the grape makes it much too fruity for my taste. It is a very light, bright scent and lovers of fruity blends will really appreciate it.

A pity, because I love lemon balm and don't see it often.

At first this smells entirely like apple on my skill, but after a while I begin to smell more lemon balm and rose. It is very springy, the brightest and most playful of all of the decants that I purchased this time around.

This is for the 2013 version.

In the decant: Some combination of light fruits and florals.

Wet: The lemon balm is trying to over-ride the other notes, but they are still there.

The dry-down: I was hoping for more of the white rose note. A nice gentle floral, but not really my thing.

Holy Green Apple Jolly Rancher Batman! This is what LVN smells like at first, fruity and fun with a bit of sourness. Dry, more floral, to make this a green apple type shampoo, kind of like Pert Plus. Not for me, and I'm getting a bit of fungus which seals the deal.

Very soapy rose with that cheap apple smell that I happen to adore for nostalgia reasons. The grape kind of comes out after the soap smell burns off.

I know my description doesn't sound appealing, but there's something about it that I just adore. So clean and pure and I love Dante, this is a winner.

My skin loves appleblossom, rose, AND champagne grape, so this one is absolute winner. There is a touch of soapiness when wet, but is seems to fade pretty quickly, leaving behind a sublime late spring sweetness. I don't know which year the bottle I was gifted is from, but whichever it is, I am very happy to have it.