Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
Limelight

Her Voice

Hyacinth, beeswax, wild roses, vanilla amber, lily of the valley, tiger lily, honeysuckle, carnation, and heliotrope.

IN THE IMP: Fresh and green. There's some honeysuckle and carnation, and what apparently is the hyacinth.

WET: A sweet, fresh, green floral.

DRY: Soft, sweet beeswax and fresh, green floral. Nice!

This smells SO MUCH like Sagittarius on me. Lest you think it's just me, my husband actually thought it WAS Sagittarius when he smelled it on me. :P

The really good thing is that it retains its beautiful dandelion-y smell much longer than Sagittarius does. Sagittarius tends to fade into sweet almost-nothingness pretty quickly. And I don't exactly know why it smells like dandelions when that isn't even one of the notes, but I'm not complaining!

In the imp: ...Have you ever eaten a honeysuckle? You can pull out the center of the flower and suck out the nectar, and it tastes exactly like this smells.

On skin: Not a lot of change, really. I find myself quite liking it, because it smells like a flower, not like a floral. If that makes any sense. Which it probably doesn't.

I find it a little perplexing, but I think I'll certainly get some use out of my decant.

In the imp: Carnation is the most dominant note. This is very floral!

Wet: The carnation fades considerably. Her Voice is now an even blend of light florals.

Dry: Not much of a significant change from being wet.

Her Voice is very green. The florals are soft and gentle. It's a pleasant scent, but I'm not sure if it's sweet or strong enough for my personal tastes. This may be added to my swap list.

In the bottle: I agree with previous reviewers who have experienced this scent as very green--it is very fresh in a late spring/early summer sort of way. Well-blended florals (I can't pick them out separately) are much stronger than beeswax or amber at this point.

Wet on skin: Uh oh. Something (probably one of the florals) has morphed into burning plastic. The other notes are carrying on valiantly, leaving my skin to smell like a freshly manicured lawn with a pile of compost burning in a corner of the yard.

Dry on skin: No more burning plastic! Yay! Her Voice is now deeper, creamy florals thanks to the arrival of the vanilla amber/beeswax combo. The burning plastic phase occurred in two out of three tests (weird) but only lasted for about half an each time.

Yup, I like this. The creamy sweetness of the dry stage is worth the wait.

In the vial: A blend of florals (lily of the valley leads) over beeswax. Rose very faint, no carnation detectable.

Wet: Warmer, as the fleshy flowers wake up. There's hyacinth, lily of the valley, and something I can't quite recognize, then rose and honeysuckle developing second. Beeswax gives the impression of very light honey.

Twenty minutes: Is my nose broken? I smell celery! This is a really different floral blend of medium intensity with an odd bitter note that, somehow, balances everything else beautifully. Yet underneath it is spicy resin, very sweet.

One hour: More herbal than anything else, still with that pleasant bitter celery note. Hardly sweet at all, not detectably honey or even particularly floral. Interesting!

Two hours: The bitter note has subsided into the florals. It is still very pleasant, though, well balanced and extremely ladylike as well as distinctive.

Three hours: This has definitely gone past its peak. It's still very pleasant, but the scents have lost their clean contours and subsided into a cloudy pastel heap. I am very happy with this scent, but I don't need to pursue any more of it.

Four hours: Still very good even though it's past its peak.

This was one of the more successful of the Lupercalia Love Poems line on my skin.

Bottle: I get the lilies really strongly, and maybe a hint of the honeysuckle and carnation. Green floral, if that makes sense.

Wet: Still the lilies, and maybe the beeswax too. It smells like a spring morning.

Dry: I can't pick out all the notes anymore; it's just a really gorgeous floral with a bed of dew-drenched greenery behind it. Mm.

Oh my, thank you lovely frimper for providing this freebie in my last forum purchase of several decants. This is a lovely fragrance, and I am quite taken with the works of Oscar Wilde. Previous reviews are correct - this is a very green, reedy, leaves and stems floral. It almost has an aquatic element...it's like the flowers have just been plucked from the earth, the stems are broken, and I can smell the liquid seeping from the cut. Another keeper from the BPAL Oscar Wilde collection! The honeysuckle in this blend adds a warm, glowing element. This is a lovely addition to my late spring roster!

My impression of Her Voice during drydown is romantic, fresh and extremely floral. It is wonderfully crafted. I can't identify one single flower note. It's not exactly rose nor hyacinth. There's a sweetness of honeysuckle. I do get a lovely wax note. However, no one note stands out.

As Her Voice combines with me, it gets more golden and deep. It's like going from a passing fancy to true love. What a gorgeous perfume!

Edited by n1k1ta

Her Voice

This is really green, which I find annoying because that's not what i think it should be, according to the notes listed. That said, it's still a nice green floral. I can smell heliotrope the most, and something faintly vanilla-like. I only wish I got more carnation and honeysuckle.

This was frimped to me and now I'm devastated to discover it's an LE and I can't buy it... :cry2:

It has to be one of, if not THE best scent I've sniffed to date.

Bottle Sniff Fresh pungent roses on the bush with dew. These are pure pink roses with glossy bottle green leaves. I can smell the flowers, the stems, the grass around it and even a touch of earth still cold from the spring night. Heaven.

Wet That rose just lingers and lingers, not seeming to morph much at all. I've never been a rose scent person but this one I want to bathe in. I am over time able to pick out the amber, lily of the valley and carnation. It's slowly becoming more green and white floral. Still lovely though.

Drydown Settles into a pungent and strong green and white floral. I adore it still and catch the roses just floating on the surface. At a glance you'd say it was pink roses, on closer sniffing the other flowers become apparent. Amber must be my heaven-scent as it always smells gorgeous and vanilla without the sugar. It never goes powdery on me or sweet.

I just want to poke my own eyes out that I didn't discover this scent while it was still around... :thud:

Oh how I had forgotten how gorgeous Her Voice is. :evol:

Wet it is very green and stemy as others have said. I also get a burst of light floral, mainly the hyacinth, which I love...lots. After applying it, it starts to warm up. While the hyacinth stays in the forefront (and it does not smell fake in the least bit...if I close my eyes, it's like I have a fresh handful of flowers right in front of me), it is joined by the beeswax, which adds a bit of a honey-ish feel to it. Not so much straight up syrupy honey but a dry, crystaline sweet waxish scent.

The hyacinth stays true throughout it all. I do go through about 5 minutes of something sour in the background but it then balances out again. The star is the hyacinth, backed up by the beeswax and a bit of amber/vanilla. The amber and vanilla isn't too present here but just adds a bit more warmth and creaminess.

It's lovely and I'll cherish my bottle. :lovestruck:

I really did not think I would like Her Voice. When I put it on initially, I got a blast of greenery and flower stem sap. Interesting but Ick.

And then it dried. WOW oh WOW. It's spicy floral and simply gorgeous. Boy am I glad I gave this one a chance.

Green stems, fresh air, and then all of sudden a burst of florals come through. It's hard to pinpoint certain florals, but there are a few that really standout. Tiger lilies, roses, hyacinth and the unmistakeable smell of spicy carnations. As it dries down vanilla amber creeps in and tempers the florals giving hints of golden, creamy sweetness. Overall this is a spicy, sweet, creamy floral with hints of greenery and spring.

Got this in a trade, so I honestly had no idea what to expect. I only knew the notes all sounded good. First applied, carnation is dominant, but then on the dry-down, it fades to this very pretty beeswax and wild roses with a touch of vanilla amber. Not picking up on any of the other scents.

Also, there’s a lot of grass in her (stems?), rather like a wildflower bouquet that has been thrown together. People who like grass scents should love this one. Very light throw, needs slathering, nice springtime scent, might go into early summer. I’m not wild about the wet stage, but once it has dried, it is very pretty.

In the imp, this is SUPER FLORAL, with the power to floral up a room in under five seconds. Seriously, a cousin to Enchanted Wood Florist and our dearly departed Fairy market. On my skin, it's exactly the same as EWF; dewy florals, with a faint sugary edge like in Fairy Market. Not gonna seek out more of this, but if you were devastated by Fairy Market's DC, this may be slightly easier to get your hands on.

Hmm... not sure yet

Imp: VERY green scent. Like the actual scent of rose petals that is neither floral nor sweet but velvety tart, fresh and green. A bit floral, and my guess is: this is the hyacinth or maybe the lily of the valley.

Wet: Still green with a very light sweetness. The green florals are very strong in this one. Smells like.. a flower shop and a funeral home.

Dry: Still green and tart with a slightly wooden note that smells like.. green beans. Cannot really detect any vanilla or beeswax or amber.

Really green with a hint of rose in the bottle and wet on my skin. It takes a while, but the other florals really start to pop - less like a generic floral and more toward easily distinguishable individual scents. The tiny hint of beeswax is quite pleasant and ties it all together.

This is a wonderful spring/summer scent and I'm so glad I tracked down a bottle! :wub2:

In the bottle:

Dandelions? Some kind of green, wild floral.

Wet:

Dandelions or something else weedy and floral.

Drydown:

I guess I'm smelling rose mingled with honeysuckle and carnation, and that's what my nose took for dandelions? I don't know. I'm not too good at distinguishing florals as there are only a few I like. So far, this is one of them. This smells very fresh and springlike. I'm hoping that age has brought out the vanilla amber, because that would be yummy. We'll see as it dries.

Dry:

I do smell the amber on the drydown, but rather than being in your face it just smooths out the floral notes and makes the whole blend creamier. Love this, and it's going to be an awesome springtime fragrance for me. Here in Georgia, I guess that means I'll be wearing it tomorrow. :eek:

Edited by n3m3sis42

I purchased this for the beeswax, vanilla amber, and carnation. Maybe lily of valley as well. In the bottle all I got was rose rose rose. Overwhelming rose so never did more than open and sniff. I just tried it on today to be fair and well you know that smell you get when you cut a flower to put in vase? That green stem smell? Now imagine you are in a room full of roses and you just started trimming them to put in vases.... green overshadowed by rose. Then, within a couple of hours, poof! Gone. I was rather enjoying it actually but kinda hoping for a wee bit less green and a wee bit more spicy carnation or creamy amber vanilla or mellow beeswax. Not enough lasting power and I just know there are rose lovers out there who will love this more than I.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

hours after writing my review I am getting faint whiffs of a delicate rose. So PRETTY. I suppose it was such a sudden drop in throw that I thought it was gone {or my nose died for a bit} The Flame will get a chance to weigh in soon enough.

My Husband Loves this on me. He asked that I buy moar. This and Mama Ji are two scents he just recognizes and thinks of when I ask what to wear.

Edited by elka

I am so enamoured of this fragrance that I cannot give a true review. It is all honey and rose and beautiful flowers. This lasted over 10 hours on me. I got this as part of a PiF and I am utterly in love. It is about as amazing on me as Eve is. I adore BPAL honey-rose florals and this is one of the best. I am simply over the moon and desperate for a 5mL because the thought of my decant running out saddens me to no end.

Wow, one of the best floral BPALs that I've ever tried. So often they go so shrill and rose stomps all over everything, but Her Voice is just greenery and beeswax and soft floral femininity. Definitely worth a look.

I was compelled to track this down. I really don't know why. The beeswax, maybe? The vanilla amber? The florals? I dunno, but I just had to try it.

Wet: Wet on my skin, and in the bottle this is very green. Smells like stems, as others have mentioned. It quickly warms on my skin, and some of the other notes sweeten and brighten it, but it's still really green.

Dry: This sweetens as it dries. The amber comes out nicely. This smells sweet and fresh and clean, without smelling of laundry (which I really dislike). It's very pretty. The florals meld together and I can't really pick them out individually. This is different than anything else I have, and I am really enjoying it.

A decant of this was slipped inside one of my packages and WOW I hunted down a bottle soon after, actually from Lizzie^^

I'm a sucker for the lab's daffodil note, and this one does not disappoint. These, strangely enough are warm weather daffodils, just before they bolt and go to seed. The bees are buzzing about and the shaggy roses are tossing pollen. All the floral notes swim together and form a sort of wild flower bouquet along with the EPIC ahhhhhhhHHH vanilla amber note that makes me SING! It comes together into a fresh, clean almost green honey scent that beautifully duplicates springtime. I will treasure this one.

Edited by Jenjin

So this is strong rose in the bottle for me, but like a fresh cut rose not like a red rose. Definitely wild. 

Freshly on the rose settles down and seems content to share the stage with the greenery. There is a distinct greenness to this scent, above descriptions of reedy/stemmy are spot on. Then there's the rosiness, and then also the beeswax and resins are sort of present, keeping either floral from overtaking. Nothing really jumps out. It's funny cause this is really well blended and "perfumey" but also fresh and green, so not exactly what i think of for a classy, classic perfume but yet it is.

As it dries the vanilla amber comes out. The rose burns off first and is replaced by carnation as the most distinguishable flower note. This becomes even moar powdery and elegant with a floral edge. The throw is medium low but i can't stop huffing my elbow. I could easily see wearing this to a formal event. Gorgeous