Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
Heavenlyrabbit

The Flower Song

Pomegranate wine, lotus root, river reeds, hyssop, and barley.

This is dark pomegranate straight-out on me and smells soooo good upon application. After a while, it gets too be too much of a good thing though, and I start feeling a little woozy from the ripeness of the smell, much like Yemaya. A gorgeous scent, but too much for me.

The dreaded grape Dimetapp!

Powdery, medicinal, fake grape. Absolutely nothing else. I really need to learn to avoid wine notes entirely. :(

This is very straight forward, it's pomegranate wine. I don't get the other notes for some reason, lotus tends to be very strong on me but here it's just not showing up. It's very pretty - wine with a nice juicy tone to it. THe pomegranate tends to fade by the dry down though and what's left is really a soft wine scent.

In the bottle: A sweet floral smell, but it reminds me a little of cherry cough syrup, if there was a flower cough syrup.

Wet on skin: Flintsones vitamin? Um, definitely not what I was expected from "flower song." I'm assuming the pomegranate wine is responsible for the fruity sweetness I'm getting while this is wet. Maybe with the lotus root enhancing the sweetness? I've never smelled lotus root before, but so far, all the blends I've tried with any lotus are on the sweet side. I would think river reeds and barley would be more...planty than sweet - more green and grainy. but again, haven't smelled those before. Or hyssop.

Dried down: Ok, this is getting much better. I'm definitely getting a little more "pomegranate" now, but without the fakey sweetness I was getting before. And I think a few of the drier notes are coming out now, to balance it out. TThis ia actually rather lovely, and more what I was hoping for from this perfume.

Throw: Not much. I get the barest hint of fruit while typing on my laptop.

Verdict: **** I wasn't overly fond of the wet scent on this one (too sharp), but it dries down nicely on me. I'll have to remember to apply it a little while before I go anywhere. Especially anywhere with heat. I doubt I'll try to get another bottle, but I'll keep the one I have.

So this is an oddball. I haven't had much luck with pomegranate, I can't pinpoint what it is, but it just goes awry every time. No exception here!

Fresh on skin this turned SUPER sweet, almost like a grape syrup.

Then quickly switched it up and was just 100% Smarties (US version). Dry powdery tart candy. But with unexpected wafts of wet wine.

Kind of quirky. But not really melding on me into something I jive with.

Flower Song is almost a single-note pomegranate on me. Maybe sweet pomegranate wine, more than the sweet-tart of pom itself. But I was intrigued by the river reeds, barley and hyssop, none of which I can claim to make out. This one's a miss with my skin chemistry.