Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
Heavenlyrabbit

The Flower Song

Pomegranate wine, lotus root, river reeds, hyssop, and barley.

I love pomegranate, and this is gorgeous. At first I get nothing but strong, sweet-tart pomegranate. After a few minutes the barley just appears and takes over for a while. Then the pomegranate comes back--mellowed a little by the other notes. At this point, I absolutely second Iceblink's description--this is the March Hare of pomegranate scents (I love March Hare, too). This may be my first multiple bottle scent.

How can something called "The Flower Song" smell THIS much like Fruit Stripe gum? Not a bad smell, but nothing I would choose to smell like.

what a bright, fruity, happy scent! the sweet lotus and syrupy pomegranate wine are the standout notes. in fact, i can’t smell anything else. sometimes lotus is too cloying, but not here. this is my favorite lotus blend i've tried so far. it’s strong, with lots of throw. it's the essence of pomegranate -- red, ripe and juicy.

In the bottle I'm getting sweet sweet pomegranate and it remains true to scent on my skin. Mouthwatering and lovely! I wish pomegranate juice tasted as lovely as this smells! (It's a lot more tart without a ton of sugar added!)

I am talking myself out of purchasing another bottle.

Imp: Mm, dark rich smells, the pomegranate and the barley. Nice.

Wet: Drat. This smells almost exactly like one of those flavored lip glosses from when I was a kid.

Drydown: This loses the lip gloss notes but then becomes something reminiscent of cough syrup. No thanks.

Whow, there is something else in there then pomgranate? I never would have guessed because this is straight out pomegranate for me.

Very fruity and red. Like most fruit notes it fades really really fast, like in 20 minutes on me.

I got hooked by the barley, hyssop and so forth. Where are you? No, this will be a swap.

I'll admit, I'm a pomegranate junkie. --though I often forget what it smells like and have to stop and ponder the source of bubblegum before remembering. That being said, this only smelled of bubblegum in the bottle, also aided by the lotus (which I wouldn't be able to place on its own, but I've heard similar bubblegum rumors). I could smell the hyssop ever-so-slightly, which gave me a small fright: I was hoping this would be little-to-no hyssop, reminding me as it does of my days of working a spa.

Luckily, I got none of it once it got on my skin. Wet, it was a beautiful red blend of tart fruit and full-bodied wine. It appears I amp wine like mad, so after a while this started to smell exactly like a pomegranate Cabernet that I used to buy. Completely dried, I got a small hint of something possibly greener behind that, but it was only after the perfume began to fade considerably.

I could smell this all day, but no one else seemed to really notice. ...I'm actually a little disappointed that I didn't have the foresight to buy a back-up bottle, because this is something I'd probably wear a lot more of if I wasn't afraid of running out in less than a month.

In vial:sweet, sugary fruit

Wet- something smells sour mixed with sugary fruit scent. Now it is getting better. This is a very light scent.

Later: This is still light but gets a little stronger. It does not change much from first application after the sour smells goes away. It smells like wet fruits and sugar.

Couple hours : this smells completely different now. Very berry.

Hi there,

uhmm.. received this as a partial gift bottle... *thx justme*

Vial : beautiful, sweet, flowery, berry...

On skin : first : floral berrys , something sharp

warm : Play-Doh and a strange Artificial-plastic berry scent.. somehow the way, my "Cherry Merry Muffin"

Doll used to smell in the 80s when just unpacked... :P

Will keep the bottle, because this is nice - but I don´t think I will wear this..

Strange how funny florals react on my skin... :D

Not nice - darn chemistry !

On me, The Flower Song is just pomegranate wine. It's note the same pomegranate note that's in The Fruit of Paradise or Persephone, but it's hard to say how they're different. I love it, though, and I'm so glad I have a bottle.

The Flower Song – This is a gorgeous fruity blend. The pomegranate doesn’t smell at all like wine to me. Rather, it’s a bright, juicy, pomegranate note that at first sniff, could almost be a single note. As it warms up on my skin, I can smell the dry, grainy scent of the barley mixing with the pomegranate, and reigning in its crispness just a bit. I don’t distinctly smell the other notes, but I know they are there because there’s an earthiness to this blend that is not the work of the barley. There’s also something spicy in here – I’ve got no clue where it’s coming from. Perhaps it’s part of the “wine” aspect of this blend? Honestly, it smells like some carnation sneaked into this blend. This is one of the prettiest fruity blends I’ve encountered. It’s perfect for late-spring and summer, and I look forward to enjoying it a lot! The throw is quite strong, but it fades pretty quickly (which is typical for fruit blends on my skin).

In my decant, this is rich and dry, with a strong, bright overtone of pomegranate.

On my skin - I love the pomegranate in this - it's very sweet-tart, and grounded by the barley and the river reeds.

When it dries, there's still the pomegranate grounded by the other notes - this is a great scent for pomegranate fans.

ugg this is probably not a very good review, but I tried this while I have a stomach virus and almost everything too strong makes me feel ill, this was just too astrigent for me despite the fun fruitiness of it.

The Flower Song is a lovely fruit blend- If I didn't know the notes beforehand, I doubt that I could absolutely identify said fruit as pomegranate-but if you told me it was I would have agreed with you.

Truth be told, I was REALLY looking forward to this one, being a fan of both pomegranate and lotus, but the lotus was overwhelmed, I think, and I was left with a happy, pretty wearable fruit with good staying power. Very nice..but little underwhelming, and very much like The Fruit of Paradise on me.

It's definitely worth a try if you can find it- but I'll be sticking to the awesome Hymn to Proserpine for my pomegranate fix!

Hey, pomegranate is behaving itself! Usually pomegranate smells weird on me (like bathroom air freshener, to be honest), but not in this one. It smells lovely and sweet and not too strong at all. I like the river reeds with it, too. I'm not sure what barley smells like in perfume, but I don't smell anything that smells like a grain. Just a cute and sweet scent. I like this one much better than Fruit of Paradise.

Unfortunately, after about an hour it smells like fruit-flavored bubblegum or candy on me, and although I like that kind of scent in scrubs, it's not the sort of thing I usually go for in perfume.

But yay for pomegranate not always being bad on me!

in the imp: pomegranite juice, wine and fruit candy

wet on skin: the pomm is winning out now

dry down: same.

in all: while this oil is a little too candy-sweet for me, it has lovely staying power and- a rare thing- stays consistent in scent, from bottle to dry down, which means that what you sniff is what you get :P a nice one for the little ones in your life.

:D

Lots and lots of fruity and tart pomegranate wine. During the drydown, the hyssop and barley really start to emerge and the sweetness is tempered. It's amazing how quickly the barley and hyssop are coming out and there is now an earthy graininess to this blend that gives it an almonst incense-y spice feeling, if that makes sense. It really does remind me of ancient Egypt and of the poem itself.

In the bottle: Bright juicy pomegranate, lotus

Wet: Sweet pomegranate in a creamy wine, a hint of hyssop

Dry: The pomegranate sweetens more. There's a mild nutty barley in the background and dry sand that's really lovely and evocative of Egypt. After a while the sweetness fades blending in with the hyssop and barley notes. It's quite lovely at this stage. Lasts for hours and hours.

This fruity blend is quite sweeter than the pomegranate blend in Fruit of Paradise, but one that fans of the fruit will enjoy!

:P

Candy-sweet, floral, boozy syrup with something fresh and natural. I think it's the lotus root that is the candy here. Maybe it's the reeds that are giving off that natural vibe. I don't get the barley at all.

After thirty minutes, The Flower Song is mouthwateringly gorgeous! It's juicy, dark and a little aquatic.

The Flower Song fizzles out after about six hours. I'm left with a perfume that resembles wine, but isn't wine. It's very pleasant and I think it's worth another slather.

Nice to know that my instincts aren't completely off!

In the bottle, this was extremely floral - juvenilely so, but on skin it matured. It became less floral, a bit doughy. If the dough were the flour-water-baking soda concotion you got in preschool (that is the reeds, I think). The floral became dusty, and I thought "lotus-ish" and assumed I would be wrong, as I hadn't reviewed the ingredients until after testing. A red fruit came up, but it remains a dusty floral.

The imp is sufficient; although this is more pleasant than expected, it's so not me.

It is everything I never thought I'd like. Boozy fruit flowers? Fruity booze flowers? ... Flowery booze fruits! Whatever! :P I hate fruity, I hate boozy, and I most definitely hate flower scents. This, however, is fabulous! I bought it because of the name and the Egyptian poetry, in hopes that it would match the poem. And it does. Because Beth is a genius.

In the bottle: Heavy and overripe. It smells RED and fake and boozy and trashy and too sweet and flowery.

Wet on my skin: Pomegranate wine! It's overpowering.

Drydown: It morphs quickly to a strong, clear, and simple scent that I can best describe as Fresh: squeeze a pomegranate into a bowl, toss in a lotus blossom and a stem of hyssop and a freshly peeled reed, sprinkle with wine, and mash together.

Staying power: It's still going strong 12 hours later! The throw is truly astonishing. One teeny dab of bottle to skin is all it takes. This is a super-strong cyborg-enhanced ueber-scent!

I will be scrounging for another bottle!

Pomegranate wine! This is pomegranate juice - sticky and sweet with a boozy edge.

All of the blends I've tried with the pomegranate component have been extremely sweet. Perhaps I just amp out the sweetness? In any case, not entirely crazy about it, so I think this will go to a more loving home.

I love the smell of pomegranate, and when I found out about The Flower Song, I had to get some to try

In the Bottle- My word, that pomegranate note is very candied. It's a very revitalising, sweet scent that isn't too girly. Let's hope it stays this nice on...

On the Wrist- The sweetness of it is very quickly counterbalanced by something with a slight bitter tang (possibly the reeds), and rounded out by a slightly... golden, buttery scent- the same sort of note is in John Barleycorn, so it's probably the barley. Instead of just being a candy dish, it becomes tantalizing, yet still very simple. There isn't a boozy note anywhere in sight- as one of the earlier reviews said, this is a very pink scent, but not a baby pink, it's a mature, rich pink, getting close to red, and is very delectable.

Overall- The throw on this one isn't overwhelming, but is persistant. When I put some on in the morning, I still catch traces of it over dinner. Everyone who's tried it has wanted a decant, so I now have three bottles invested against the day I run out. It's very uplifting, and definately one of my favourite scents.

=^..^=

In the bottle it's tangy pomegranate juice.

On me the pomegranate wine is the primary note coming forth. As it dries down it takes on a more floral tone, but only slightly. It's a very fruity scent, tangy but sweet at the same time. This is actually what I was hoping Swank would be like, lots and lots of pomegranate. My only complaint is that it only lasts for three to four hours before fading quite a bit. Still, even given that, this has become one of my favorite scents.

In the vial: Jelly Belly pomegranate jellybeans.

Wet: Yep, jellybeans. It's very sweet and mouth-watering, just like those jellybeans.

45 minutes: Sweet and fruity, with a rather cinnamon-like overtone, or maybe it's woody. This reads reminiscent of "The Phantom Calliope," but pomegranate rather than cherry. It is quite pleasant and tempting.

Two hours: It's lost some of that cinnamon overtone and become less subtle. Still a very pleasant fruity pomegranate scent; I like it.