Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
phantasmmysteria

Ebisu Making Love As Two Octopuses Look On

Oakmoss, skin musk, and nectarine.

I would have bet a serious amount of money that there was some apple in this.

Glad I didn't. From the imp to my skin to dry down this is the same. I get a fake apple perfume. It really reminds me of some apple hair spray I had as a teen, or most of the old herbal essences line. Not good.

Harsh and fake and just blech.

And no one has reviewed this for seven years? Amazing!

Aquatics invariably smell like laundry detergent on me. This does not fall into that category at all. It is definitely a skin scent, and the nectarine is the most identifiable note. Skin musk always just smells like skin ought to smell but rarely does; it doesn't have a distinctive smell of its own. And oakmoss is kind of fuzzy and earthy on me. It is a lovely combination, and despite the octopuses in the name, I don't get seaweed or salt spray or anything aquatic at all.

Do you work in a scent-free environment but still crave your BPAL? This would be a perfect scent for that situation. A quiet beauty, but you could lift your wrist to your nose and breathe in Beth's brilliance.

After years of hunting down a bottle of this while I hoarded a decant, I finally have a full bottle! I love looking at these reviews because I think this is a scent that has definitely benefited from some aging. It smells so incredible. I get all three notes in equal balance, maybe a touch more oakmoss and musk than nectarine. It does not smell even a little bit aquatic to me. It smells like an elegant but understated elf moving through a sun dappled forest in very early spring and it's just fucking incredible. Definitely sticks close to the skin, but then again, most scents do on me. Lasts for hours. So glad to finally have a bottle.